Chapter 20: Joohyun & Seohyun

Seohyun's Butler

This chapter contains slightly explicit scenes that are not more than that approved by TV (for instance, Gossip Girl). If you are uncomfortable with it, please skip the parts. I would like to label them red for you to identify them but then you would miss out some details of Luhan's thoughts.

My first attempt of this sort on AFF so hope it's not too awful or distasteful. 


The secret kisses turn regular for Seohyun and Luhan.

For the girl, it is always a thrill when they are together. It feels free to do something reckless on purpose and she is most alive when their lips touch at the backstairs during school recesses or before bed.

Appa was right! It does feel good to let loose a bit, she thinks.

For 2 whole weeks,she enjoyed this change and somehow, her disappointment and obsession with Changmin seem to fade. On instance that the former master and servant meets in the corridors of the mansion (which were getting rarer by the day), they only exchange polite but meaningless nods without even bothering to acknowledge each other officially, at least on Seohyun's part that was the case.

Of course the grade A butler does greet the lady properly, with a simple “my lady” and his signature low bow that Seohyun swears she's sick of, but the latter simply overlooks it intentionally.

Unknown to the girl, her every irresponsible act of flirting and even kissing were witnessed by a heart-broken Changmin.

He does not know if it wis all an act of defiance or she has indeed moved on. Either or, it is always most painful to see someone you love to be intimate with another. Yet, he is more worried about the consequences these careless behaviors will lead to.

What if the media snapped a shot of the two's closer-than-friends exchange?

Luhan will probably get away with that scandal but not Seohyun-- she would be scrutinized by the highly pompous social circle and the general public. She would surely be condemned as someone casual and given a bad name that would even match the notorious Paris Hilton's.

Had he been wrong to walk out of her life? It seemed that his decision had brought about more trouble than it originally would have. It sounded as if he was making a sacrifice by leaving, but now he's got time to think about it, he admits it was out of selfishness that he requested for a resignation. He tried to convince himself that it was for Seohyun's good that he left when in fact he had wanted to end his misery of being in a fruitless relationship. By the likes of the current situation, he made a wrong choice.

Whether it gets me kicked from the house this instant, I have to warn her. He thinks to himself and keeps a mental note of his promise.


The next time they meet, it was night time and Seohyun was heading back to her room for sleep. 

She sees a familiar silhouette drawing towards her and immediately curses under her breath as to why she has to be so unfortunate. She quickens her pace, hoping to get the greetings over with. She thinks her annoyance with the situation means she is no longer attached to him and for a slight moment, feels less agaitated, that is until she hears him say more than he usually does. 

"My Lady, do you mind we have a word?" His usual robotic voice echoes in her brain. 

She does not stop at all or attempt to reply and tries to walk pass him. But his response is faster and he grabs her wrist before she can go far.

"What do you want?" She hisses. "I have nothing to do with you so keep those things to yourself."

Those words crush him slightly yet he tries his best to put on his professionally emotionless facade. 

"I noticed your biddings with Butler Luhan." His tone is cold and uncaring as ever. However, what he says tells otherwise.

Seohyun is slightly surprise that her secretive moments were exposed and is embarassed for the slightest of  seconds until she remembers who she is with. She will not show weakness in front of this man.

"So what? You want to tell appa about it? Or better yet, the newspaper and magazines? I bet they'll offer a good price." She snaps at him. She is not going to let him take advantage of her once again.  

"No, I care for you too much to do that" he so badly wants to say but he must not dwell on the past, or hint that he is, so instead, he replies, "I'm just trying to warn you, as a friend. You know about the contract and everything, don't you?"

She scoffs and smirks bitterly.He does not expect her response to be as sinister as it is. 

"Now you care about the rules? Huh? Who was the one that initiated that kiss? Wasn't that person, you? Mr. Shim?" She stares him straight in the eye, making him feel guilty. She is right, it was indeed his fault. He lost self-control and the mess is all of his doing.

"By the way, the moment you denied everything, you lost the right to be my friend." She says with spite he doesn't know she possesses and leaves instantly, leaving him dumbfounded and awfully empty. 


 She bangs the door close the moment she stomps into her room. 

One conversation with Changmin has wiped out all the effort she has put into forgetting everything about him. Now, she will have to start over again. But no worries, by the time he leaves, she will have a lifetime to wipe out those memories. 

Just pray that appa does not try to let him stay, she thinks. On that note, fury hits her once again.

Who was he to lecture me? Wasn't he the one who wanted nothing more to do with me? 

She has never felt so upset before. When her umma died, she was too young to understand true grief and all those years mourning over her had made the pain lessen; when she was sent abroad, she was sad that she had to leave her appa but they maintained contact so it was not too horrible after all. However, this, was something she has never experienced. This is a like fresh cut to her heart and it hurts like no physical wound she has ever had.

She was always such a calm and collected person, never one to have tempers or small fits. But that night onwards, after he had kissed her, said those words and told her of his decision to leave, she became another person. Her emotions are always fluctuating and it is hard for anyone to grasp. In all honesty, who Luhan was dealing with all along was not Joohyun, the innocent girl, but Seohyun, the learnt socialite. And to be a socialite, one must not be predictable or shy and in that sense, she is accomplished. 

Seohyun is now at the centre of social limelight. She is invited to every gathering possible and companies have invited her to endorse their products. They love her look, her style but yet, they know nothing of her personality nor do they care to. She is, to them, a mystery except for the fact that she is well-mannered. The critics are satisfied with her performances and sees her as the total package but her father, the one who had insisted all of this, was not.

"This is not what I mean by 'following your umma's footstep', Hyunnie." He said during one of those rare dinners they share for Seohyun was always booked. Yet, she never bothers to understand what he truly meant.

Even for her friends, the happy moments did not last long. The lunch gathering was the last hint of "Joohyun" they saw in her. They seemed more distant and her chingus all wonder what has gotten into her but she was too busy to give them their answer. Now, Luhan is the one who sees her the most. He is new and knew not of Joohyun. With him, she could ignore her real identity and fool herself that she has grown and matured, ready to do everything and anything.

At that instant, flashes of her encounter in the corridors come back to her and she is once again, overcome with rage and agitation. The corner of her eye catches a glimpse of an item. She picks it up and throws it across the room. It was a phone and upon colliding the wall, the battery fell out but it is not crashed as Seohyun hopes it to be. She trods over to stomp on it but is held back before she could cause more damage to it.

"What is going on, Seobaby?" The familiar voice asks whilst his arms wrap around her waist, limiting her actions. 

Ever since the two became closer, Seohyun requested that her new butler call her more endearingly when they were alone so the boy asked for her to greet him as her 'oppa'.

"Oppa, let me go." She attempts to struggle but Luhan's strength is no joke.

"I'll release you when you calm down." Sighing in defeat, she allows herself to slum in his arms and with bridal style, he lifts and places her on her bed.

As he kneels on the floor beside her, he caresses her face and pushes the strands of hair on her face behind her ear. She is so beautiful, he contemplates.

He had heard of her before coming to serve at the mansion and was fascinated with her innocence and uniqueness. So, when he first met her, he knew she changed somehow. The serenity in her was loss and what replaced it was moodiness. His goal was to turn her back to who she was. Along the way, he fell for her and with that kiss she gave him, they became more than butler and lady. He was in past relationships before so he knew the instant their lips locked that she meant it only half-heartedly. There is someone in her mind whom she's not letting go. Yet, all of this was more than what he bargained for, so he was contended. Seohyun likes him, just not as much as she did the other man. 

His fingers trail down the side of her neck and brushes her collar bone slightly. Her eyes flutter and she leans her face against his palm. The boy places a kiss on her forward whilst whispering "Sleep tight". He stands up to turn off the lights but her firm yet delicate fingers wrap his wrist. 

Luhan turns to see what was the matter and Seohyun takes advantage of his distraction, pulling him on top of her. 

Without saying another word, she pushes his head towards her and their mouths crash. She kissed him hugrily like she had never before and it surprises him. He could tell this intimate moment is per usual, only halfly-meaningful to her. Her vigor only shows that she is obsessing over the mystery man. Still, he allows it. Maybe it's God's way of punishing him for playing the hearts of too many women and that he should be used by the only one he genuinely likes.

Seohyun rolls over so that she is now in control, her legs resting on either side of his body, face hovering over his and eyes darting from left to right, as if hesitant.

"You're sure this is what you want?" He whispers, hoping to seek an honest answer from her. 

She nods in return and he knows she is lying. 

"Let's see how far we can go," she mutters into his ear before directing her lips back to his.

As they continue their make-out session, Seohyun begins unknotting Luhan's tie with ease. She throws it behind her and proceeds with the buttons of his shirt. This time, it is much more difficult and her hands are fumbling. Smiling at her poor attempt, he brushes her hands away and undos the shirt himself. In a matter of seconds, Luhan's upper torso is bare. She does not take her time to appreciate his pale but toned body, seemingly in a hurry to strip him down and get this over with. To Luhan, this is how she plans be a rebel.

He wants her truly with every fibre of his being and if he could, he will take her then and there. However, even a playboy has his principle and his was to have the lady by her body and soul. He might have the first but he most surely lacks the second. If he did what she yearned for, it would be taking advantage of her. 

If she has the right mind, she'll know when to stop. Or else, I'll stop her before she regrets the consequences. He tells himself and decides to take the upper hand. 

Without letting her finish unbuckling his belt, she flips her over and s her dress. As he slides the dress off of her from the bottom, his hands lingers on her thighs and up the sides of her hips, waist and chest, before removing the dress. She is in the lingerie he dressed her in the morning, an off-white lace set that complimented her skin-tone. It was never meant for anyone to see but he was granted that special treat. He gazes at her appreciatively and begins laying kisses on her exposed skin. All the while, his hand begin massaging her slim thighs. Little by little, it travels up bit by bit and is almost touching her underwear. 

He could sense she was retracting when he feels her closing her legs subtlely. He knew that she would withdraw in no time and he was right. As soon as his fingers hook onto the band of her , she let out a low yet audible "No."

At that command, he stopped and remove himself from her. "You sure?" he asks gently, wiping off a tear that was running down the side of her face. 

"I'm sorry." She manages to whimper, eyes filled to the rim with the salty fluid of shamefulness and regret. 

"It's ok, I know you've got somebody else in your mind." He says quietly and picks up her dress from the floor. Her astonished look confirms his suspicion.

"I do like you, Seohyun-ah. But I always have the worst timing and this time is no different." He attempts to make her smile but she is as solemn and glum as ever. Luhan folds the dress and places it beside her. "After this, I'm sure you won't see me again. Good night and goodbye, my lady."

Collecting his clothes, he leaves for the door. Before he closes it behind him, the croaking of her voice stops him in his tracks. 

"If it means anything to you, in another place and time, you would have my heart." 

Despite his heavy heart, the boy forces the most childish of his smiles on his face. 

"Trust me and patch things up with Butler Shim, Joohyun-ah."

With that, he exits the room, leaving the girl with mixed feelings of amazement, guilt, joy, loneliness and regret. 


AN: I hope this is satisfying for all you Changseo fans since Seohan is officially over. From next chapter onwards, there will be no other pairing but Changseo :P

By the way, I might post another chapter on Minho and Jonghyun specifically and place it in between Chapter 19 and this chapter. But either way, my update won't be until next week since I'm going on a holiday!! Hip-hip-hurray!! I tried hard to finish this up today so I pray this isn't too bad :D

I await your lovely comments which are loved and appreciated by moi! 

Anyways, goodbye for now!

P.S. Did you notice that in previous chapters I tend to use Joohyun more often than Seohyun? It is all building up to this very chapter and those afterwards. A big hint to the ending! So guess along but I can't promise to tell you what I have planned :)