Chapter 18: Man Magnet

Seohyun's Butler

Changmin's POV

As soon as I spot Seohyun exiting the elevator, I subconsciously move forwards to guide her to the dining room. But I stop dead in my tracks when I see Luhan-ssi behind her. Yes, I'll no longer be her butler and it is high time I get used to the arrangemment.

In reality, I hate myself for handing in my resignation to Mr. Seo. The man was quite surprised when he saw me approach him willingly and more so when he knew I was about to resign.

"Why are you doing this, Changmin-ah? Aren't you happy working here? I thought you were getting along with Hyunnie!" He said the moment he had scanned through the letter and realized my intention.

"Sir, I'd rather I kept the reasons unknown if you don't mind." was my reply. He nodded with understanding and did not take his questions further. 

"But if you ever want to withdraw the applicarion, you're most welcome to do so. I just hope you've thought this over." He expressed, giving me a pat on the back.

"I'll be of no trouble to you as soon as I find a replacement, Sir." I said as I left. Before I closed the door, I had heard him sigh and for a second, I wanted to rush in and tell him it was all a mistake. Yet, I knew I had to do it, for the sake of Seohyun. She might hate me for this, but it is for the betterment of everyone.

I retract myself from the reverie and notice that Seohyun is already seated at the table. Luhan is asking her her preference of beverage for the day and per usual, she asks for a cup of chocolate with extra marshmallows and whipped cream. I smile at the thought of her always being so monotonous and predictable. However, that smile faltered as soon as I heard the phrase that followed.

"Gomawo, Luhan-ssi!" She said sweetly. She was calling her new butler by his name and has dropped her habit of using honorifics. 

That instant, I swear my heart is aching at those words. She treats him differently as she does me. Why it should feel so painful is beyond me. If it is only a mere attraction, I would probably only feel my blood boil with jealousy. Now, it is emptiness, and not fury, that is filling within me. I don't like her, I love her.

Seohyun's POV

I'm feeling particularly gleeful today and it's been a long time since I last felt that. Now that I think about it, I am slightly guilty for ignoring my friends these days. They've been trying their hardest to cheer me up, despite not being fully informed of the reasons behind, and I'm truly very grateful. I did try to smile in front of them but they can't be fooled. 

To make up for my inconsideration, I decide to invite them over for a gathering at the garden. It's a lovely and sunny today and breezy as well, the perfect day for a picnic. I text them the details as soon as I've told Luhan to prepare the food and drinks for this small party and within seconds, they have all r.s.v.p-ed to tell me they are heading over. 

"Ding Dong" The door bell rings after five minutes. I motion the doorman to let me do his job as I skid across the common room to the front door. I swing it open and find my two childhood besties .

"You're so early," I beam and give them both a tight hug. "Let's head outside! I've asked Luhan-ssi to get ready some sandwiches and dessert platters for us."

I wrap an arm around each of their shoulders, tiptoeing in the meantime for the boys were so tall. 

Minho's POV

I did not expect to see Joohyun so bright and glad so I was quite taken aback by her cheerfulness. In fact, I've never seen her so open and all smiles my whole life as I do now. It is kind of foreign to me but in a good way for seeing her so moppy and down the past few weeks made my heart break a little.

Well, back to the present, I hear her mention something about a "Luhan-ssi" person. Before I could ask her who that was, she had hung an arm on my shoulder, something the version 1.0 Hyunnie would never do. I feel my face heat up a little at the intimate contact and am glad that the blush is hard to notice due to my tanned skin. 

Both Jonghyun and I must have been pretty quiet since the next she asked us was: Why are you both so quiet?

I shake my head at her and reply, trying not to stutter. "No...nothing. By the way, who's "Luhan"?" 

"Well, he's my new butler! " she answers simply and drags both of us with her.

Before I could process the information, my 'twin', who is usually uncaring about these things, was already enquiring about the details. "What about Changmin hyung?"

"Leaving" is her short reply and I can see that smile of hers fades a bit. It seems as if she does not want to talk about the situation, at all. 

I decide to change the topic when I see Jonghyun opening his mouth to ask another question, not wanting to spoil her perfectly good mood. "Who is coming as well?"

Jonghyun's POV

I was quite surprised when I saw the invitation text and even more so when Hyunnie greeted us with such dynamic.

I'm probably the only one who knows of the event between her and hyung that night. So, when she acted weirdly in the later weeks, I suspected it had something to do with that incident. Many a times, I wanted to console her but that would mean I'll have to reveal to her my ungentlemanly spying. Moreover, it's not in my nature to talk much and it might cause suspicion, especially from Minho's side. Thus, the only reason that came to my mind which would explain her recovered self was ---- she has patched things up with hyung.

At that thought, I felt my heart twitch a little, just like it had on that particular night when the two had shared a kiss. Yet, if I like Hyunnie as much as I think I do, I will have to hope for what's best for her. But the moment Hyunnie dropped the bomb that she had a new butler, I got confused. Before I could hold my tongue, the question came rolling out of my mouth: What about Changmin hyung?

Her answer did not help explain at all and I swear I was going to ask more had Minho not interrupted. I'm most thankful for my bro or else I may have upsetted her further more.

I just pray that Minho does not find all of that odd or else I will not know how to face his questions. 

Tiffany's POV

I'm one to hold parties. So while Hyo maybe the Dancing Queen of the group, I most certainly claim the crown to the "Party Quen" title. Partying is my forte and definitely not Seobaby's. Hence, it shocked me when I received the Line message from her to call for a tea party, considering that she's also in sort of a bad mood these days. But hey! Where I go there's fun, so why rain on maknae's parade? So I call up my girls and we head to the Seo mansion in a limo. Well, it may only be a tea party but why take out all the fun in it by skipping the dressing-ups and extravagant appearances, right?

So, of course, we arrived late by at least an hour but Seobaby does not seem the least upset. To our surprise, she's in an awfully good mood and was chatting fervently with Minho and Jonghyun, when we were led to the garden by a new and baby-faced butler. All I can comment is that he looks 16. Is he even of legal age? I shrug and turn my attention to maknae, who is coming over to give us a group hug.

"You seem much better, Seobaby!" Hyo comments as she pats her head lightly. She sticks out her tongue, being extra playful today.

"Who are you? Have you abducted our maknae?" Sooyoung feigns horror and draws laughter from each one of us.

"Aigoo, unnie! Stop being so dramatic! I'm still that little maknae of yours!" She pouts at Soo who smiles sheepishly.

"Only 10 times more fun!" Yoona says, pulling her to a headlock and all of us laugh once more.

"Isn't that a good thing?" She asks.

"Surely an improvement from the past weeks." Yul states casually as she wrap an arm around her shoulder.

And I in the conversation as well. "We've missed you so much, Hyunnie! You still up for that makeover?" I arch my eyebrows suggestively and she nods happily.

"Hey! Let me join as well! I surely require some advice on petite fashion." Sunny purses her lips as she twirls herself around. "I've been wearing this same dress over and over again. People are starting to think that my family is bankrupt or something!" We all giggle at that and I nod to indicate that she is more than welcome to participate.

"Girls! Tea is served! I warn you, I'm terribly hungry!" Minho's voice calls us from afar. "If you don't want the delicious foods to vanish in mere seconds, you better come over." Before we could turn and look, our shikshin is already sprinting towards the cakes and sandwiches with her long legs. By the time we have arrived at the piled up table, taking our time for a slow walk, Soo was already munching on the cream puff in her right hand while her left one was holding a piece of quiche.

"This is delish!" She manages to pronounce despite her stuffed mouth and we all snicker at her as we take a seat. 

"Thank Changmin-ssi for that!" I .

"Didn't Hyunnie tell you? Hyung is leaving! This is all prepared by her new butler. If I remember correctly, he's Luhon? Or was it Lohan?" Minho says as he scratches his head for the correct name.

"That's Luhan." Seobaby answers for him and I turn to see that the light in her eyes that we previously saw was dimmed by a notch. My lady's instinct tells me that something is wrong. Observing that the other girls did not seem to notice and only nod at the information, putting their focus back to the food, I decide to leave it until maknae and I are both alone. It seems that they have forgotten the little talk about her and Changmin-ssi we had on my birthday, but I haven't, and I'm going to find out.

"You mean that eyes-wide-as-saucers boy who received us at the door?" Yoona asks as she takes a bite of the vanilla cupcake and getting the white frosting all over her upper lips. I wonder how she can fool everyone and pass off as a lady at times.

The weird look on Hyunnie's face disappeared in a snap as if it was all in my imagination. She nods with a smile. "That'll be him."

"Ooh! Look at that smile on maknae's face! I'm sure something is going on! You like Luhan-ssi?" Hyo whispers at Seobaby but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Yah! Unnie!" Our young lady bumps Hyo's shoulder with hers. However, a slight blush is evident on her cheeks and she fails to suppress that smile on her lips. That's queer...

It is even more unusual when I turn to look at the boys at out table. Minho and Jonghyun are oddly quiet, disappointment and annoyance evident on their blank faces. 

Oh my my! Our maknae is a man magnet...


AN: I managed to update within a few days so I'm super proud of myself! This is quite a long chapter but I've been inspired by the comments and responses these days :) Thanks to all of you for the drive! A large part of the AFF community is on summer vacation and so am I! So hopefully, I'll get more time to write and read other's fics!! Recently, I've been obssessed with this website and doing a lot of reading!! 

I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter! So what do you think of it? 

By the way, I'll be starting a Seohan soon after I complete this. As much that I'd love to work on it this instant, I don't want to divide my time between two stories and I doubt I can handle it. Anyways, it would be most lovely if you could support that as well when I do begin doing so! I have a plot in mind already! How about you tell me if you prefer a one shot or a normal story if you're interested?

Thank you so much!!!!