Ch. 6

The Princess and A Wolf
“Thank you for accompanying us,” Moonree glanced at Chanyeol who was beside her as well as two other guards.
 
“It’s my job,” he didn’t look at her but kept his eyes straight ahead.
 
“You’re still mad aren’t you?” she lowered her head, “I’m sorry.” He looked at her from the side and sighed.
 
“I was mad,” he stated, “I could’ve lost my job.”
 
“I know. But I wasn’t really thinking when I did it. I just wanted fresh air,” she pouted, “but now I know that there are consequences to the things I do.”
 
“Then think before you act. And don’t do it again,” he sighed then smiled and ruffled her hair.
 
“Yah! It took a while to curl my hair,” she pushed his hand away but smiled, “Thanks Chanyeol. I promise not to get you in trouble again.”
 
“So now that the awkwardness is gone, let’s get some ice cream,” Chanho put his arm around Moonree and placed a hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder since he was to tall. The guards shifted towards them alarmed while Moonree eyed his arm  then with a roll of the eyes she pushed his arm off.
 
“You keep doing this and I won’t stop them from knocking you out,” She crossed her arms with a grin and gave a nod towards the guards.
 
“As long as you’re by my side when they do,” he winked.
 
“You are so weird,” her grin fell, “how did you put up with him all of this time?”
 
“Don’t know,” Chanyeol chuckled.
 
They went into various clothing stores as well as shoe stores leaving the guys tired and the girls wanting more.
 
“Can we sit for a while?” Jaehyun pleaded.
 
“Wow, tired already?” Moonree raised a brow and chuckled.
 
“We’ve only been shopping for I don’t know? Three hours!” Chanho took a seat at a near by bench.
 
“Okay,” she sighed, “we’ll get something to eat and then go home.”
 
At those words, Chanho shot up from the bench and followed behind. They headed towards a restaurant inside the mall  and took a seat at a table. The guards sat at one table while Moonree and her friends sat at the one next to them.
 
“I can’t believe you’re still not annoyed by the stares you receive all of the time,” Arae pulled herself closer to the table.
 
“It did bother me before but I’ve gotten used to it. Can’t tell people not to look at me, right?,” Moonree shrugged and opened up the menu.
 
“What can I get for you Princess?” A petite waitress with her black hair in a ponytail asked with shaky hands.
 
“Surprise me,” she smiled.
 
“Excuse me?” the waitress gasped with wide eyes.
 
“Surprise me,” Moonree repeated.
 
“S-surprise you?” Moonree nodded her head this time with a smile.
 
“You made her nervous now,” Arae playfully scolded Moonree after the waitress left with all of their orders written down in her notepad.
 
“You know that I sometimes do that,” Moonree chuckled, “but I haven’t seen her around. I guess she’s new.”
 
Soon after they received their food, Chanyeol walked over to where Moonree sat with his hands behind his back and a slight frown.
 
“What?” Moonree stared up at the tall man with raised brows. He simply glanced at her food without saying a word.
 
“My food?” 
 
“I have to check if anything is wrong with it,” he simply replied.
 
“What? Are you kidding me? After all of this time?” she almost squealed.
 
“Rules are rules, Princess,” a smile played around his lips, “ you don’t want me to get fired do you?”
 
“No,” she frowned after thinking about it for a few seconds. She watched as he reached for the spoon and teasingly stuffed the food in his mouth. He chewed for a couple of seconds, his face lit up with concentration. 
 
“So,” she raised a brow.
 
“Very delicious,” he smiled, “they marinated the meat very well and it’s not too overcooked as well.”
 
“Yah! What are you? A food critique?” she eyed him in shock, “ I bet you just wanted to taste my food.”
 
“You’re right,” he playfully grinned.
 
“Dummy,” she huffed and Arae giggled, “ you already have your food.”
 
“I just wanted to try yours,” he shrugged.
 
“Whatever you lair, go back to your own food,” she smacked his hand away before it could reach for seconds and Jaehyun along with Arae let out a chuckle.
 
“Don’t look at me,” Chanho warned and hovered over his food in a protective way, “this is mine and only mine.”
 
“Fine, fine,” Chanyeol threw his hands up in defeat, “ I’ll just retrieve back to my table.” 
 
“You do that,” Moonree squinted in displeasure.