Ch. 4

The Princess and A Wolf

 

“What were you thinking?!” the queen  shouted at the guilt-ridden princess, “You had us worried sick! If it wasn’t for these young men, who knows what would have happened to you?!” Moonree glanced over at Lay and Minseok who were standing by the entrance with a pout. Lay stood still with a blank expression while Minseok shifted his weight uncomfortable.
 
“I know,” Moonree looked back with her head hung low.
 
“Honey, talk to your daughter,” The queen crossed her arms and nodded towards Moonree. The king looked at her hesitantly as he stepped up. His wife gave him a stern look that told him not to back down. 
 
“Moonree,” he sighed making Moonree look up at him, “ you can’t go unpunished for this and you know that. I had my men looking out for you all day and when night came, we really thought something had happened to you.” She looked over at the guards who stood near the entrance as well. She met eyes with one in particular and it made her feel even worse. He must have gotten in trouble. Moonree’s shoulders slumped at the thought.
 
“So for that, you’re grounded for two weeks. No going out and you will be under watch 24/7,” The King announced after letting out a loud breath.
 
“Two weeks?” Moonree squealed, “but-but, alright father.” Her shoulders slumped even more. She wouldn’t argue, she knew she deserved it. She shouldn’t have sneaked out of her room like that, but she was suffocating in there and she just had to get out. But if she told them that she knew that they wouldn’t understand. There’s no way of getting out of this one and she wouldn’t try to either. Not after what happened to the dress. The dress. Her eyes slightly widened after it crossed her mind. I ruined the dress. Please don’t remember what I was wearing. Please
 
“Alright,” her father nodded surprised that she didn’t retaliate but instead took it calmly, “ now go to your room.”
 
“Yes father,” she bowed towards her mother and father before turning towards Lay and Minseok and bowed to them as well, “thank you for taking care of me. Please return home safely.”
 
“Yes Princess,” they bowed in synchronization. She bowed once more before descending to her room.
 
“Again, thank you so much for returning our daughter to us,” the queen walked over to Lay and Minseok, “ in what way can we repay you for your kindness?”
 
“There’s no need,” Lay smiled, “we only did what was right.”
 
“There’s surely something we can repay you with,” the king insisted.
 
“I assure you that we’re fine,” Lay slightly shook his head with a smile, “now if you don’t mind, we should be heading back home.”
 
“Oh yes. Mr. Park,” she calls out and the tallest guard steps forward, “will you please guide these young men to their car?” 
 
“Yes, my Queen,” Chanyeol bowed and stood walked over to them.
 
“Please get to your home safely,” the queen smiled.
 
“Yes Queen,” Lay bowed at both the king and queen then followed Chanyeol.
 
“Good night, my Queen,” Minseok smiled and bowed before followed Lay.
 
“Nice boys they are,” the queen commented with a smile.