Ch. 3

The Princess and A Wolf

 

Moonree sat awkwardly at the dining table. The only person in there was Lay who was quietly eating. Her eyes shifted from the paintings on the walls to the decorations of the place.
 
"Are you Chinese?" she unintentionally blurted out then scolded herself for it.
 
"Oh, yeah. Why? Is my accent that bad?" Lay sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.
 
"No. No not at all. Your Korean is quite good to be honest," she tried to explain, "it's just the paintings on the walls and of course your small accent sort of lead me to the impression."
 
"Oh," he chuckled.
 
"You cooked and you didn't even tell me?" a tan boy walked in and took Lay's plate. 
 
"Way to act in front of guest, Kai," Lay sighed with a roll of the eyes and crossed his arms.
 
"Guest?" he looked at him confused before turning to Moonree, "Oh guest." He grinned and sat next to her.
 
"Hello, I'm Kim Jongin but you can call me Kai," he grabbed her hand and kissed it causing Moonree to slightly blush, " Hey, do I know you from somewhere? You look familiar."
 
"My name is Kim Moonree," she retrieved her hand and placed it on her lap. With the mention of her name, Kai's eyes widened.
 
"Kim Moonree? As in Kim Moonree the princess," his lips were slightly parted from shock. Moonree gave a slight nod and a soft smile. Lay was confused but he tried not to show it.
 
"Yo!" a boy walks in wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt, " woah hubba hubba." He spots Moonree sitting down and walked over to her with a smug grin.
 
"Can I have the directions to your heart?" he placed his hand on the table and leaned in towards her.
 
"That's Moonree the princess," Kai smiles knowing that the boy was making a fool of himself.
 
"Oh course she's a princess. Just look at her," the boy continued without understanding the circumstance.
 
"I mean the princess of Korea," Kai rolled his eyes and flicked the boy in the forehead.
 
"What?" the boy stared at her dazed, "t-the princess of Korea?"
 
"The very one," Moonree smiled at the boy's reaction. He quickly stood up straight and bowed ninety degrees.
 
"I'm sorry princess," he didn't stand up from his form.
 
"You coo- woah! What's going on here?" another boy walked in with another trailing behind.
 
"Princess Moonree?" the boy behind the other asked in surprise.
 
"That's me," she chuckled.
 
"What are you doing outside of the palace and why is Bao bowing?" the short haired boy asked as he stepped closer.
 
"This dummy was hitting on the princess," Kai snickered.
 
"You were what?" the short haired boy raised a brow.
 
"Very typical of you," the one before him shook his head.  
 
"Shut up Jun," Bao shot him a look.
 
"You can stop bowing now," Moonree giggled. Bao smiled apologetically before retrieving to where the others stood.
 
"So you're the Korean princess?" Lay turned his gaze to her.
 
"Yes," she nodded.
 
"And why are you here Princess? Shouldn't you be back at the palace?" the short haired boy asked as he took a seat.
 
"I guess I fainted in the forest and Lay found me and brought me here," she explained.
 
"You found her in the forest?" Kai asked with a warily expression. Lay nodded.
 
"Shouldn't you be getting back home Princess? It's 12 at night already and the palace must be in panic," the short haired boy asked in concern.
 
"You're right," she stood up and bowed ninety degrees, "Thank you for your hospitality."
 
"You're leaving?" Ziyi walked in with Moonree's clothes neatly folded in her hands.
 
"Oh yes," Moonree slightly smiled and bowed, "thank you for your hospitality. You are very kind."
 
"No problem," Ziyi smiled warmly and placed her clothes in her hands, "I was able to get the stains out but I wasn't able to mend where it was torn."
 
"Thank you," she bowed again.
 
"Minseok, you and I will bring the princess back to the palace," Lay stood up and so did the short haired boy named Minseok.
 
"Princess?" Ziyi stared at them confused then turned to Moonree, "you're the princess of Korea?" Moonree sheepishly nodded leaving Ziyi with slightly hanging open. 
 
"Okay, let's go princess," Lay lead Monree out the house with Minseok trailing behind. 
 
"I was dressed like this in front of the princess?!" Moonree heard Ziyi exclaim embarrassed from the kitchen. She chuckled as she exited the house. Lay opened the car door for her and she smiled in response. Now to get back home. She sighed. 
 
I am so dead.