Ch. 2

The Princess and A Wolf

 

"No!" Moonree shouted in terror as her eyes flew open. She realized that she was laying down in bed and closed her eyes with a sigh of relief. 
 
"It was just a dream," she brought a hand to her chest, trying to calm her pounding heart. She opened her eyes once again, only to discover that she wasn't in her own room. 
 
Moonree sat up looking around with wide eyes. Where am I? A few native paintings of varied sizes were hanging on the walls. An average sized wardrobe stood facing the bed she was in. A wooden night stand stood beside her with a glass of cool water placed on top. She could see the small beads of water slowly gliding down the glass. She could feel a slight breeze coming from the window. The door to her far left began to slowly open causing her to jerk her head up towards that direction.
 
"Oh you're awake," a slender average height woman walked in with a warm smile. She had her black hair in a long braid and her lovely face was lightly covered with make-up. She wore a long sleeve pink shirt with a pair of jeans that folded up at the bottom.
 
"Who are you and where am I?" Moonree threw her legs off the bed and sat staring at the woman in confusion and suspicion. 
 
"You're in a small town just outside of the forest," Moonree picked up a small accent as the women spoke.
 
"A small town?" she furrowed her eyebrows, "how did I get here?"
 
"My brother found you laying unconscious in the forest,"  the women walked over to the wardrobe and took out a pair of clothes then walked over to Moonree
 
"Here wear this," the woman handed out the clothes towards Moonree, "your dress is torn and covered with dirt. Change into this so I may clean it for you."
 
"You don't have to go through all that trouble," Moornee shook her head slightly, "I'm fine."
 
"I insist," the woman smiled and placed the clothes on Moonree's hands. Moonree looked down at the clothes before giving in and looking up at the woman with a smile and a nod.
 
"I'll be right outside," the woman smiled and walked towards the door.
 
"Wait, what's your name?" Moonree called before the woman exited the room.
 
"My name is Zhang Ziyi," the woman turned and smiled before walking out the door and closing it leaving Moonree alone in the room. She sat there staring at the clothes that was in her hands. So what had happened to me was real? She furrowed her eyebrows and bit on her lip. A wave of fear washed over her knowing that something so scary and ferocious existed. She shook her head trying to get the images out. She sighed and stood up noticing that the scratches on her legs were cleaned off as well as the small scratches on her hands. I'll make sure to repay her for taking care of me and treating me so kindly.
 
She untied the dongchong from around her neck and placed it on the bed. She let the ch'ima fall on the floor as she slipped out of her chogori and unpinned her hair. She quickly threw on the short sleeved shirt and pair of jeans Ziyi had given her and picked up her hanbok from the floor and neatly placed it on the bed. She undid the unpinned braids letting her hair flow past her shoulders in waves.
 
"Is it alright if I come in?" Moonree heard Ziyi ask behind the door.
 
"Yes, it's alright," Moonree replied. The door opened revealing Ziyi and a rather handsome man beside her. He was wearing a pair of washed denim jeans with a long sleeved striped t-shirt. A small smile was on his face as he followed Ziyi.
 
"Wow, they fit you perfectly," she clasped her hands together in awe, "this is my brother Yixing but he goes by Lay. He is the one who found you in the forest."
 
"Thank you," Moonree bowed in gratitude, Lay smiling in response. Ziyi walked over to the bed and picked up Moonree's hanbok.
 
"Were you at a celebration?" Ziyi had a curious look as she gathered all of Moonree's hanbok.
 
"No, I just had to try it on," Moonree watched as she walked over towards the door with her clothes in hand.
 
"Oh, well I'll be back with your dress cleaned. Lay will show you where the kitchen is so you can eat," Ziyi walked out, leaving her and Lay in the room by themselves. 
 
"Shall we go?" Lay cuts the silence, causing Moonree to jump a little.
 
"Yeah," she nodded before following him. I am in so much trouble when I get home