Pickup for selfie!

✄ C u t U p \ b u s y

Catching Cars
by selfie && reviewed by --placingfifth

 

Title: 5/5

Not only is it unique, but it also manages to catch my attention. What does it mean? How do you catch cars? It reflects the story perfectly. I actually find it quite cute also, so it has a lot of elements to it.

Description: 9/10

I don't know about the other reviewers but it was surely interesting to read. Three short and simple sentences that masks the story just right and gives off a right amount of mystery. At first when I read it, I thought it was that the person telling the story had survived the crash. The reason why I docked off a point is because I was still a little confused after the story. One person survived, but who? I'm really curious.

Plot: 29/30

Incredibly unique and not at all cliche. Not that cliche is bad, but it is repetitive - my puns are dry. Anyways, I found ti hard to understand at first. I was wondering what was going on and I literally had to read the beginning three times slowly to get the gist of it all. But then you explained that bit of the girl going through the car metal and him following and everything pieced together. I liked your introductory sentence, moving and beautiful. I felt sorry for them, that they only had such little time together.

Flow: 10/10

Wonderfully paced for a seven chaptered story. I liked how each chapter was for each year, but I also liked how the amount of time together was short. It made it easier for you to write it. Usually, a normal chaptered story would probably have about three days written in one chapter, but you only had one day- no, one hour of a day in your chapter. What I favored about it, was the fact that the chapters were short and it reflected that amount of time. Great work.

Characterization: 20/25

Giving you points for the girl and docking off for the boy. She had an interesting character, weird, smart and thoughtful for me. She answered well and asked good questions as well. For the boy, I guess I just couldn't understand him well. For me though, I felt as if she was like the male in the relationship. For me, she felt like a rush of fresh air that seemed free, yet somehow trapped. She gave off this very eery feel for me. 

English: 20/20

Need I say more? You wrote poetically with complex sentences which you would need to read over a few times to understand the story. Hauntingly beautiful words, especially their dialogue; so full and moving.

Overall Total: 93/100

Review Comment:

Oh my goodness, that was an amazing story. I had read a story like yours as well, that had around about the same length. It was quite haunting for me. I got the same kind of feeling from you. Both are great and such beautiful stories. This is my first time reviewing you and I am quite impressed. Thank you for requesting. 

BTW, the old shop - Cocoa and Marshmallows - had been shut down since the main owner of it had deactivated her account suddenly. I managed to regain everything back from the shop, but it has been transfered into this shop here. If you want, you can subscribe to this shop if you want to continue receiving our reviews, or you can stay unsubscribed. It's your choice.

Thank you for requesting!