Going Back Home

Dad, Where Are You Going? - Idol Edition

“So what did you learn about your kids?” Joon asked once the fathers were assembled again and the children were off running around and playing with one another.

      “What didn’t I learn?” Myungsoo asked with a chuckle. “I learned that Dongwan wants a younger sibling.”

      “You didn’t think of that beforehand?” Sandeul wondered.

      “What about you?” Yongguk asked with a chuckle as he turned to Sandeul. “Isn’t Yongbin an only child?”

      “Ah, that’s true,” Sandeul awkwardly said.

      “Why don’t you and your wife have another one?” Peniel wondered.

      “Yongbin is already hyperactive enough…if we were going to have another one and have a five-year-old Yongbin run around…I can’t even imagine it,” Sandeul said shaking his head at the thought.

      “It does get tough,” Joon said chiming in.

      “And the father of three gives his wise words!” Myungsoo jokingly added.

      “Hey, three kids is tough,” Joon said defending his position.

      “How old are your kids?” Yongguk asked.

      “Well Seoyeon is nine, Seojun is seven, and Seohyeon is four.”

      “They’re pretty evenly spaced…” Peniel said nodding his head. “There’s going to be a seven year difference between Alex and the new baby.”

      “And there’s a six year difference between Soojae and my son, Yoonjae,” Yongguk added.

      “Looks like we all still have a lot to learn,” Sandeul sighed. “I can barely get through with one child. I don’t know how you guys can do it with more than one.”

      “You slowly learn how,” Joon said with a chuckle, “but let me tell you how as they’re getting older the expenses pile up.”

      “Well of course they do, isn’t that expected?” Myungsoo asked.

      The conversation slowly came to an end and by the time the afternoon rolled around, all of the fathers were heading back to their homes.

      “How was it today?” Peniel asked Alex as they were in the van on their way back home. “Did you like meeting new friends?”

      “It was really fun. The mountain was really cool,” Alex said with a wide smile. “We should come again with Mom.”

      “We should, shouldn’t we,” Peniel said with a smile. “What about when your younger sibling comes along? Do you want to go with them, too?”

      “It’ll be fun!” Alex happily said.

      “Do you want a little brother or a little sister?” Peniel wondered.

      “Hmm…” Alex said humming as he thought about the question. “Little brother!”

      “Why do you want a little brother?”

      “Because then you and I can teach him the things that you taught me,” Alex said with a smile. “We can play football together and soccer together and we can play around the house.”

      “Don’t you think Mom would be a little lonely with two boys?” Peniel asked.

      “Then you have to have a little sister, too!” Alex yelled as he put his hands up in the air.

      “We’ll see,” Peniel chuckled as he ruffled the top of Alex’s hair. “But are you excited to see Mom? I bet she’s missing you a lot.”

      Alex quickly nodded his head in agreement. “I miss her, but we’re coming home soon. Let’s call her.”

      “Alright, give me a minute,” Peniel said getting his phone out of his pocket and dialing the number of the house.

      “Hello?” a voice asked in English on the other line.

      “Mommy!” Alex yelled upon hearing his mother’s voice.

      “Alex!” his mother happily yelled over the phone. “How are you?”

      “We’re coming home now,” Alex said looking out the window, “but I don’t know where we are.”

      “We’re about maybe an hour away,” Peniel said chiming into the conversation, “so we’ll be able to see you soon.”

      “Alright, well when you guys come home I have some news to tell you guys.”

      “Okay, we’ll be there soon,” Peniel happily said. “But is the news good or bad?”

      “It’s…good,” she said with a slight chuckle. “It’s surprising, let’s just say that.”

      “Mom, Dad and I were talking about my younger sibling,” Alex suddenly said.

      “Really? What were you saying?” she wondered.

      “I said that I want a younger brother so we’re able to do everything with him,” Alex explained. “Dad can teach him everything he taught me and I can play with him.”

      “That sounds good, Alex. I can’t wait for you and your father to get home,” she happily said.

 

“Seoyeon, do you think you would want to do this again sometime?” Joon asked looking at his daughter who was sitting in the seat right next to him.

      “Do what?” Seoyeon wondered.

      “Go on a trip like this, just father and daughter. Do you like spending time with me?”

      “Hmm, it’s fun,” Seoyeon said slowly nodding her head. “It’s fun spending time with appa.”

      “What about when you’re at home? Do you feel like you don’t spend enough time with me?” Joon curiously wondered.

      “Well Seojun and Seohyeon, especially Seohyeon, need more attention than I do, so it only makes sense…” Seoyeon said thinking about it. “I don’t mind it really.”

      “Ah…so that’s how you felt,” Joon said nodding his head and finally having an understanding about what his daughter feels at home. “Don’t worry, eomma and appa aren’t neglecting you. You’re still a kid, too, and we watch over you just like the other two. Don’t be afraid to ever come to us if you have a problem, alright?”

     “Alright,” Seoyeon said with a nod of her head. “But appa, you are kind of a cool appa.”

      “Really?” Joon asked with his eyes going wide as he looked at his daughter before tightly hugging her. “Do you really think I’m a cool appa?”

      “You’re alright,” she said with a chuckle.

      “These trips are going to show you that I’m an actual cool appa,” Joon said with a thumbs up, “I can do a lot of things, you know? Have you seen everything that I’ve done with acting?”

      “But appa,” Seoyeon started to complain, “those things were acted before I was born.”

      “But they’re some of my great works, they were made when I was still a youngster.”

      “Appa, have you ever thought about being a comedian?” Seoyeon wondered.

      “Why? Do you think I’m funny?”

      “You’re…alright,” Seoyeon said with a  chuckle.

 

“Yongbin, are you excited to go see eomma?” Sandeul asked as he looked over at his son. “Are you excited to go home?”

      “I want to go on a trip again, though,” Yongbin sighed as he looked out the window.

      “We will, I’ll go on a trip with you again, don’t worry,” Sandeul chuckled. “We could go on a trip one day and bring eomma along with us. How does that sound?”

      “Better! Can Baro-samchoon and the other samchoons come along, too?” Yongbin wondered.

      “Ah, you want to make it like a big group outing,” Sandeul said understanding what Yongbin was starting to get at. “We could do a big group outing…should we go to Jeju Island?”

      “Jeju Island?” Yongbin asked in confusion.

      “Ah, you were too small to remember your first time there,” Sandeul said thinking about the memories. “Your mother and I went there with you when you were about three, so two years ago. I don’t think you remember much of the stuff we did there. We should go again.”

      “What is there to do on Jeju Island?” Yongbin asked.

      “Well you can ride horses,” Sandeul said thinking about the time they went before. “You can eat Jeju Island specialties and just have a relaxing time,” he said with a chuckle. “We’ll go one day with everyone, your mother, me, and all of your uncles. How does that sound?”

      “Fun!” Yongbin excitedly said. “Even Suae can come? What about Minjin?”

      “Suae can come,” Sandeul said with a chuckle, “and even the rest of your friends. And you want Minjin to come…our dog?”

      “Minjin would have fun, wouldn’t she?” Yongbin asked. “Suae likes playing with Minjin, too. What about Minzy?”

      “The cat, too? Um…sure,” Sandeul awkwardly said, “but maybe it might be best if we leave them home. They might be afraid of the big airplane. Grandma can look after them.”

      “Okay,” Yongbin said. “But we’re going to go on a trip, right appa?”

      “Right,” Sandeul said with a smile as he leaned over and kissed his son on the cheeks.

 

“Wah, appa is tired,” Myungsoo said leaning back in the car.

      “Appa why are you tired?” Dongwan asked. “It’s the middle of the day.”

      “Appa is a very busy person, Dongwan,” Myungsoo said looking over at his son before closing his eyes once again.

      “But appa, should we play a game?”

      “A game? What kind of game?”

      “I don’t know,” he said shrugging his shoulders. “Do you know any fun games, appa?”

      “You really aren’t tired?” Myungsoo asked again with a chuckle. “You barely slept last night and we went to bed late, plus you got to hang out with your new friends this morning. Why don’t we go to sleep for a little bit before we go back home?”

      “I’m not tired,” Dongwan said shaking his head.

      “Ah, you’re probably energetic from playing around with your friends, right?” Myungsoo said figuring that Dongwan’s energy level was at an all new high. “So, Dongwan, who was your favorite person today? Who did you like meeting the most?”

      “I like…” Dongwan began as he thought of who he liked meeting the most, “Yongbinnie.”

      “Yongbinnie? You liked Yongbin?”

      “Mm-hmm,” Dongwan said nodding his head.

      “Why do you like him?”

      “He’s fun and he likes to run around like I do,” Dongwan said as he started listing off the qualities of Yongbin that he liked. “Does appa like Yongbin’s appa?”

      “Your appa does like Yongbin’s appa,” Myungsoo said with a smile. “Yongbin’s appa and your appa are friends.”

      “Friends?”

      “We’re the same age,” Myungsoo chuckled, “now let’s go to sleep, are you sure you don’t want to go to sleep?”

      “I’m not sleepy,” Dongwan said shaking his head. “Appa, shall we play a game?”

      “As soon as you think of a game to play,” Myungsoo sighed as he looked at his son.

 

“Soojae, are you sad that this trip is over with?” Yongguk asked his daughter.

      “I wish it would continue,” Soojae said with a bright smile. “I liked playing with everyone. Seoyeon-noona is really nice and all of the younger boys are really funny.”

      “Really? Do you want Yoonjae to grow up like one of them?” Yongguk joked.

      “No,” Soojae said quickly shaking her head.

      “Why not?” Yongguk continued to joke.

      “I think it would be better if Yoonjae was like appa.”

      “Really? You think it would be better if Yoonjae was like me? Why?”

      “Because you’re a really cool appa. If Yoonjae were able to make his own songs it would be really cool, too.”

      “So you like my music?”

      “It’s fun,” Soojae said with a wide smile.

      “Aww, you’re such a nice daughter,” Yongguk said with a wide smile. “Wait until we get home and tell your mother about the trip. Do you think she’ll be excited?”

      “I think so,” Soojae said thinking about it. “I can’t wait to go on the next one with you.”

      “Aww, you’re so sweet,” Yongguk said leaning over and hugging Soojae. “I can’t wait for the next one, either.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what will the next trip be like?

 

Here's Chapter 7. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And OMG has it taken me forever to update this. I'm so sorry to all of you that have patiently waited for me to update, but here I am, back and ready to update! (For real this time, haha) Summer vacation has just started and I've been dying to come back and write stories. Thanks for sticking with me despite the long wait.

 

Have a good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight. See you soon :)