Kids Are Kids

Dad, Where Are You Going? - Idol Edition

“Alex, come wash up,” Peniel called out to his son in English.

     “Okay,” Alex responded as he followed his father into the bathroom that was in their house as he prepared to get ready for bed.

     “We’re going to have a race to see who can finish up the fastest, okay?” Peniel asked as he switched over to Korean. Alex nodded his head in agreement as Peniel sat both of their clothes out on the floor and got both of their toothbrushes ready. “Ready, set, go!” Peniel yelled and the two started their race to see who could change the fastest.

     Of course, Peniel slowed down his pace to give his son a chance against him and soon enough, it was close, with Alex winning in the end. “Yes! I won against you!” Alex yelled as he jumped up and down.

     “Ha, you’re just lucky,” Peniel said as he ruffled the top of Alex’s head. “Alright, now let’s relax a bit before going to bed. Should I read you a story?”

     “Yeah,” Alex said as he ran into the bedroom and began going through his luggage to find one of his favorite books. “This one.”

     “You want me to read this one? Okay,” Peniel said as he grabbed the book from Alex and settled in on the blankets, with Alex climbing on top of him. “So, once I finish his book, you should be asleep, okay?”

     “Got it,” Alex said as his father started reading.

 

“What was your favorite part about today?” Yongguk asked his daughter and they were lying in the room.

     “Meeting appa’s friends,” Soojae said with a smile.

     “You’ve already met my friends,” Yongguk said with a deep chuckle.

     “Meeting other friends,” Soojae said.

     “Ah, so you liked meeting other people? Well you’re very sociable,” Yongguk said as he smiled at his daughter. “Should we call eomma?”

     “Yeah!” Soojae said as she immediately sat up at the thought of talking to her mother.

     “Here, I’ll call her,” Yongguk said as he got a phone and put in the phone number before giving the phone to Soojae.

     “Eomma?” Soojae asked.

     “Ah, Soojae-ah!” her mother said on the other line.

     “Eomma!” Soojae said as she looked at her father with a wide smile on her face.

     “Soojae-ah, how were you today? Did you have fun with appa?”

     “It was really fun,” Soojae said to her mother. “I went and collected ingredients with Seoyeon-unnie and Dongwan-ah and Yongbin-ah, and Alex.”

     “Did you make new friends?”

     “Eoh,” Soojae said. “It was a lot of fun.”

     “That’s good to hear,” her mother says. “Well it’s getting late. You should sleep now and remember to listen to appa tomorrow.”

     “Yes. Goodbye eomma,” Soojae said as she hung up the phone.

     “Tomorrow will be even better, Soojae-ah,” Yongguk said as he tucked his daughter in. “We’re going to play some more and you’ll get to play with your friends more.”

     “Hmm, goodnight appa.”

     “Goodnight,” Yongguk said as he turned off the light.

 

“Appa! Appa! Appa! Appa! Appa!” Dongwan yelled as he jumped around the room.

     “Yah Kim Dongwan, aren’t you tired?” Myungsoo asked as he watched his son run around the room that they were going to be sleeping in.

     “No, are you tired appa?” Dongwan asked as he looked at his father.

     “It’s bedtime,” Myungsoo said as he attempted to convince his son to sleep.

     “But appa, eomma isn’t here,” Dongwan innocently said as he looked at his father.

     “So because your eomma isn’t here, it’s time to play?” Myungsoo asked making sure that he understood his child correctly.

     “Yeah!” Dongwan excitedly said as he jumped onto Myungsoo.

     “Ugh,” Myungsoo groaned. “Well let’s get you washed up and in your pajamas before you decide to start playing, okay?”

     “Appa, are you going to play a game with me?”

     “Do you want me to?” Myungsoo asked.

     “Yeah, play a game with me!”

     “Okay, how about we play this,” Myungsoo said as he thought of a game that the two of them could play. “How about we play a game and whoever falls asleep the fastest is the winner.”

     “Appa,” Dongwan complained as Myungsoo picked him up to go make him wash up.

 

“Appa! Appa!” Yongbin yelled as he attempted to wake up his father.

     “Hmm,” Sandeul groaned as he slowly began to open his eyes. “Is there something you need?”

     “Food,” Yongbin said as he pointed at his stomach.

     “Ah, okay, I’ll go get you food. Wait here, alright?” Sandeul asked as he slowly began moving to go get Yongbin some food.

     “Wait, I want to go with you,” Yongbin said as he hurriedly got up and put on his jacket and hung onto Sandeul’s side.

     “Fine, fine, fine, let’s go,” Sandeul said as the two began to walk to where they’d be able to get their food. “Ah, hyung, good morning,” Sandeul greeted Yongguk as he saw him at the town center.

     “Hello,” Yongguk groggily greeted as he picked up his ingredients. “See you later,” he said before he left.

     “Can we take any of these?” Sandeul asked as he pointed at the remaining trays. It seemed like he was the third one to come. “Who came before me?”

     “Peniel was the first one up, and then Yongguk, and now you,” the PD explained as Sandeul looked over the remaining three trays.

     “Yongbin, what do you want to eat?” Sandeul asked as he looked at the trays. “Most of them have the same stuff, but some of them are different. Ah, ham! Yongbinnie, you like ham.”

     “Ham!” Yongbin said as he went over to the second try.

     “Let’s take this,” Sandeul said as he began wrapping the tray up. “I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to make something with ham. Let’s go,” Sandeul said as he put the now wrapped up tray in one hand and held Yongbin’s hand in the other.

     “Hello,” Myungsoo said greeting Sandeul and Yongbin as they left.

     “Hello,” Sandeul politely said, “Yongbin, greet Myungsoo samchoon.”

     “Hello,” Yongbin said bowing to Myungsoo.

     “You managed to wake up this morning,” Sandeul said as he looked at Myungsoo’s appearance with his hair going all which ways and a jacket over his sweatpants.

     “Hmm, well Dongwan…” Myungsoo began as Sandeul chuckled.

     “I understand,” Sandeul said. “I’ll let you be on your way. Goodbye,” Sandeul said as he bowed as he walked away.

     “What am I going to make with these things?” Myungsoo muttered to himself as he looked at the two remaining trays. “I guess I could always try something…”

     “You don’t cook very often, do you,” the PD said.

     “Not really,” Myungsoo said with a chuckle. “When I was with Infinite and when we were trainees, Woohyun-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung mostly cooked. I just ate and now my wife cooks for us.”

     “So you have no cooking abilities?”

     “I wouldn’t say I have no cooking abilities,” Myungsoo said as he decided on a tray with fish, eggs, seaweed, rice, and ramen. “I would just say that they don’t show themselves very often.”

 

“Ta-dah! American style!” Peniel said as he brought the tray into the room and presented the food to Alex. Peniel managed to get some bread, eggs, ham, rice, and seaweed.

     “But there’s rice and seaweed,” Alex said as he pointed at the tray.

     “Fusion,” Peniel said with a smile. “American breakfast fused together with Korean breakfast.”

     “Fusion!” Alex repeated after him as he took the spoon that Peniel was handing him. “Thanks for the food!” he said before he began eating it.

     “Appa cooks well, doesn’t he.”

     “The best!” Alex said as he gave his father a thumb’s up.

     “That’s my son,” Peniel said as he patted the top of his son’s head before he began eating himself. “You know, Alex, I think Joon samchoon will have the hardest time waking up.”

     “Why?” Alex curiously asked.

     “Because he’s the oldest.”

     “How old is he?”

     “Forty.”

     “Then isn’t he an ahjusshi?”

     Peniel couldn’t say anything and simply laughed at Alex. “You better not tell him that, okay continue eating.”

 

“Appa,” Seoyeon complained as she watched her father sleeping. “I’m hungry.”

     “Then go eat,” Joon said as he turned over to face the wall, pulled the covers over him, and attempted to continue to sleep.

     “Ah, appa,” Seoyeon continued to whine as she saw her father not budge. “You’re supposed to take care of your daughter.”

     Sensing that her father wasn’t going to be budging any time soon, Seoyeon got ready by herself for the morning and made her way down to get the food for breakfast.

     “You came here by yourself?” the PD asked in amazement when he saw Seoyeon enter through the door.

     “Em, appa wouldn’t wake up,” Seoyeon said. “Is it okay for me to take this?”

     “Yes, that’s one is for you,” the PD said.

     “Thank you,” Seoyeon said going and collecting the tray and bowing before she left.

     “Ya! Lee Seoyeon, do you have any idea how worried I was about you?” Joon asked as he saw Seoyeon come back with the tray in hand.

     “Well you wouldn’t wake up, so I went to go get the food myself,” Seoyeon said as she placed the tray of food on a table.

     “Let me see what we have here,” Joon said as he examined all of the ingredients. “Aww, my daughter did good.”

     “Hmm,” Seoyeon sighed as she went back inside the room.

     “What should I make?” Joon asked himself as he stared at all of the ingredients. “I should make something, right? What does Seoyeon like?”

     “Appa,” Seoyeon said as she stuck her head out the door, “just fry the eggs and then make the rice.”

     “Ah, my daughter is a genius!” Joon said as he ran over and excitedly kissed his daughter on the head. “I wonder who you get your smarts from.”

     “Eomma,” Seoyeon said as she looked at her father before shutting the door.

     “Ah, that girl,” Joon sighed as he started making breakfast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will the fathers be able to successfully make breakfast? What are the kids going to think about it? What adventures lie in the rest of the day?

 

Here's Chapter 4. Hope you enjoyed :D