Meet the Fathers

Dad, Where Are You Going? - Idol Edition

“Okay, cue!” the PD said as he pointed at the man sitting across from the camera. Slowly, a smile and a chuckle came from the man before he began talking.

     “Hello,” he said as he gently bowed in his seat, “my name is Kim Myungsoo. I’m thirty-six years old and I was a part of Infinite. I have a son named Kim Dongwan who is six years old.”

     “Can you sing one of your songs?” the PD asked. “Do you still remember them?”

     “Sing?” Myungsoo asked slightly taken aback. “Um…okay. Ready…one, two, three… naekkeohaja naega neol saranghae eo, naega neol geokjeonghae eo, naega neol kkeutkkaji chaekimjilge, naekkeohaja niga nal aljanha eo, nega nal bwatjanha eo, naega neol kkeutkkaji jikyeojulge… Yeah…” Myungsoo awkwardly said before he laughed at the camera. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

     “No reason,” the PD said as he shook his head. “Tell us about your son.”

     “His name is Kim Dongwan, he’s six years old, and people say that he’s a spitting image of me, especially Sungyeol.”

     “You still keep in touch with the other members?”

     “Yeah,” Myungsoo said nodding his head. “We still keep in touch with each other. They even attended my wedding.”

     “How long have you been married?”

     “Seven years,” Myungsoo said with a smile. “I really love her.”

 

“Introduce myself?” the man said as he pointed at the camera. The PD shook his head. “Hello,” he said slightly bowing. “I’m Lee Sandeul. Now I’m thirty-six and I was a member of B1A4.” Sandeul looked at the PD to make sure that his introduction was okay. “You want me to sing a song, don’t you,” Sandeul said as he pointed at him.

     “If you would,” the PD said with a chuckle.

     “Okay. Five, six, seven, eight. Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket. Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket. I like it, like it, like it. I like it, like it, like it. I like it, like it, like it. Good, right?” Sandeul asked with a raise of his eyebrows.

     “What is your son like?”

     “Yongbinnie?” Sandeul asked and the PD nodded his head. “His name is Lee Yongbin and he’s five years old. He’s a cute little fella, he is. He’s very outgoing and adventurous and funny. He’s quite the child. I think he has a crush on Baro’s daughter, though, something that is making me quite concerned.” The PD laughed at his statement.

     “What do you think about being on this program?”

     “I think it’ll be an adventure, don’t you think so?” Sandeul asked. “I mean, my son and I together. It’ll be fun, don’t you think?”

     “Do you think you can successfully spend a night with him?”

     “Yes, but he’ll probably be whining for his mother the entire time,” Sandeul said with a chuckle. “He’s a little momma’s boy.”

 

“Hello, I’m the eldest here, Lee Joon,” Joon said as he introduced himself slightly awkwardly in front of the camera.

     “How old are you?” the PD asked.

     “I’m forty, I don’t look like it, though, right? I look young, right?” Joon asked as he put on his best pose in front of the camera. “I still look young. I still look like my MBLAQ days. I can still sing and dance, wait,” he said as he got off from his seat. “Three, two, one. Jeonjaengiya jeopjaengiya neo dugo bwa bwa neo geunyeoga tto uljanha, geopjaengiya nae sarang geondeurin neo neo neo neo jeonjaengiya. I’m still good, right? Oh, my daughter is the oldest here, right?” he asked as he sat back in his seat.

     “Yes,” the PD said with a nod of his head.

     “I should tell her to behave then…”

     “She doesn’t behave?” the PD curiously asked.

     “She does, but I have to tell her that she better not be smarter than I am,” he said. “Even though she’s nine, she likes to comment on everything I do wrong…and she says that I’m stupid a lot. Yah, Lee Seoyeon, you can’t do that,” Joon said as he looked at the camera.

     “Do you and your daughter get along?”

     “We do, I spoil her a bit, I buy her everything,” Joon said with a smile. “She’s cute, she’s probably the cutest girl out there.”

     “Does Seoyeon cling to her mother a lot?”

     “No,” Joon forwardly said. “She’s very independent. I don’t even think she’ll need me to do anything for her while we’re on this trip. I hope this trip can give me good bonds with my daughter.”

     “So you don’t have good bonds with her?”

     “I do have good bonds with her!” Joon said as he suddenly pointed at the camera. “It’s just that she’s a very independent woman. She looks after her younger siblings fondly and she knows how to do things on her own that nine-year-olds shouldn’t know how to do on their own!”

 

“Hello, I’m the maknae of the fathers, I’m BTOB’s Peniel,” Peniel said as he introduced himself. “I’m thirty-five and I have a seven-year-old son Alex.”

     “Why is he named Alex?” the PD curiously asked.

     “His mother is a Korean-American like I am,” Peniel explained, “so we decided on an American name and he knows how to speak English, too.”

     “Do you only speak English with your son?”

     “No, but I mean…like we could…” Peniel said with a laugh. “Sing a song?” Peniel asked as he looked at the PD. “But I’m a rapper,” he said with an awkward laugh. “I can rap. I you want back baby, I swear it’s true. I won’t ever make you jealous I’ll make them jealous of you. Come back to me for eternity and take a listen to my second confession please. Now what?” Peniel asked as he was done his rap.

     “Tell us about your son a little bit more.”

     “Okay, his name is Alex,” Peniel began, “and he’s seven. He’s really into superheroes and guns and everything that a seven-year-old boy likes. He likes playing with toys and I play with him. I’m more of a friend to him, you would say.”

     “Do you and your wife dote on your son together?”

     “Yes,” he said with a slightly awkward smile. “We dote on him a lot. He’s an only child, but my wife is expecting another child, so he’ll have a younger sibling soon.”

     “Congratulations,” the PD said.

     “Thank you,” Peniel said.

 

“Hello, I’m Bang Yongguk of B.A.P.,” Yongguk said as he introduced himself. “I’m thirty-eight years old and have a seven-year-old daughter named Bang Soojae. She’s just like me,” he said with his deep laugh.

     “How?” the PD curiously asked.

     “She’s like a rebel,” he said with a chuckle and a gummy smile. “She intently listens to my past songs with B.A.P. and imitate my raps. She also likes to dance.”

     “She sounds like quite the seven-year-old.”

     “Yeah, she may look cute, but she has a different side to her.”

     “What rap does she like the most?” the PD asked.

     “One shot,” Yongguk said nervously. “She listens to it intently, and even though she may not understand the lyrics, she still enjoys listening to it.”

     “Can you rap your part in it for us?”

     “Sure,” Yongguk said with a smile. “Gihoeneun han beonppun eoduun gileul geoleo, bicheul balkhyeo Martin Luther King cheoreom, get your mind out of the gutter, silpae ttawiegen ajik neon eoryeo. Yes,” Yongguk said as he finished, “she listens to it more than she should.”

     “What does your wife say about it?”

     “She thinks it’s funny,” Yongguk said as he gently laughed. “She thinks it’s funny that she’s imitating me. My son is starting to imitate me, too. I think I might have a family full of gangsters soon.”

     “Do you think this trip will bring your bond together as a father and daughter?”

     “Maybe,” Yongguk said as he looked at the camera. “I mean, she already looks up to me and I try to do as much as I can for her without spoiling her, but maybe this will improve our relationship a little bit. I’m looking forward to this trip.”

 

“And we’re rolling!” the PD announced over the crew as the cameras started.

     “Hello, I’m the MC for this program, Lee Joon,” Joon said as he introduced himself first. “Welcome!”

     The rest of the guys standing there all greeted the camera and so did the children, following what their fathers did. “Hyung, who made you the MC?” Myungsoo asked looking at him.

     “Yah! I’m-I’m perfectly quali…qualified to be the MC,” Joon said slightly stuttering over his words.

     “I think you’re stuttering there a little bit, appa,” Seoyeon said looking at her father causing everyone to laugh.

     “Seoyeonie, shh,” Joon said as he patted her head. “Anyway, we’re getting ready for our first trip! How does everyone feel? Excited? Happy? Let’s talk in the bus!”

     “What?” Sandeul asked as he looked at him.

     “Let’s get on the bus, c’mon, c’mon,” Joon said as he shuffled everyone on. “The adventure is now beginning!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Chapter 1. How is the adventure going to go for these fathers? Stay tuned, haha. I feel like a television show already.

 

And this chapter was basically introducing the fathers to you, although you probably already know them. But this is to give a sense as to what type of father they are in the story and the adventures that they might face in the future.

 

So here's Chapter 1. Hope you enjoyed :D