The Adventure is Now Beginning

Dad, Where Are You Going? - Idol Edition

“Wake up,” the producer said as he woke up the children and adults alike. They had arrived at their destination and before it got too dark for them to do anything, and before the children were tired, he wanted to do some filming.

     “Ugh,” Sandeul groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. He was the first one to wake up followed by Peniel who then woke up Joon and Yongguk. The only one left was the deep sleeper, Myungsoo. By this point, the children were up and Dongwan, Myungsoo’s son, went over to wake his father up.

     “Appa!” Dongwan yelled into his father’s ear.

     “Dongwan,” Myungsoo mumbled as his arm went around his child.

     “Appa, it’s time to get up! The bus stopped!”

     “Alright, alright,” Myungsoo groggily said as he slowly woke up and looked around at everyone. “So, what are we doing?” he asked as he blinked a thousand times in an effort to wake up a little bit more.

     “Now,” the producer explained, “we’re going to be heading towards the house that you all are going to share and then we’ll start filming from there, alright?”

     “Okay,” everyone said in unison as they began heading off of the bus and towards the house that would be theirs for the night.

     “Yah! Lee Yongbin! Stop playing in the mud over there! We’ll play in the mud later!” Sandeul yelled to his son.

     “Promise?” Yongbin asked as he went up to his father.

     “Promise,” Sandeul said with a little laugh as he looked at his child’s muddy hands. “Aish, we need to clean you off,” he muttered as he dragged Yongbin behind him. “Your mom is going to have a fit when she sees that I got you this messy…”

     “Seoyeon? Seoyeon, walk with appa,” Joon said as he called out for his daughter.

     “Appa, you walk so slow, though,” Seoyeon complained as she turned to look at her father. “Can’t you walk a little faster?”

     “Sorry, sorry,” Joon apologized as he quickly ran up to catch pace with his daughter. “See, appa’s right next to you now.” Seoyeon rolled her eyes at her father and continued walking to the house.

     “And, we’re rolling,” the PD said as soon as they all had arrived.

     “Well, it looks like we’re here,” Joon started off as he looked at the house. “This doesn’t look that bad, does it kids.”

     “Dad, it smells a little weird,” Alex said to Peniel in English causing the rest of the guys to simply stare at them. Peniel laughed at his son’s comment and placed his hand on top of his head.

     “It’s alright Alex, new things are good to experience,” Peniel commented back in English.

     “Um…anyway,” Joon said as he looked at the pair strangely.

     “Yah, don’t be talking English the entire time,” Sandeul complained. “English and I don’t go together very well.”

     “We won’t, we won’t,” Peniel said with a smile as he switched back over to Korean. “Continue.”

     “So,” Joon continued, “what do we have to do now?”

     “Now,” the writer began to explain, “the children are going to go collect ingredients for our dinner while the fathers are going to have a speed quiz.”

     “Wait, if they’re getting the ingredients then why do we need to have a speed quiz?” Yongguk asked.

     “You’ve having a speed quiz to see who sleeps where,” the writer explained.

     “And our children are going to go alone?” Myungsoo wondered.

     “They won’t be completely alone,” she explained. Quickly, they handed out the maps to the children who split themselves up into groups, Seoyeon, Yongbin, and Dongwan in one group while Soojae and Alex were in another.

     “We’ll come back with good things, appa!” Soojae yelled to her father.

     “Okay, do your best Soojae-ah,” Yongguk said as he watched them go off.

     Quickly, the children all left with some of the cameras following them while the fathers sat in the room and stared at one another. “Now what?” Sandeul asked.

     “Speed quiz time,” Joon said with a smile.

     “Okay, so I’ll give you the questions and you guys are going to write it out on these boards, okay?” the writer asked them.

     “Okay,” they all replied in unison.

     “Good, let’s begin,” the writer said with a smile.

 

“Let’s go this way,” Seoyeon said as she command the two younger ones.

    “Noona, look at this!” Yongbin yelled to Seoyeon as they were passing a field.

     “What?” Seoyeon asked as she turned around to look at them.

     “It’s a field,” Yongbin said with wide eyes.

     “Um…that’s nice,” Seoyeon said as she turned around and continued walking. “We have to get good foods, hurry up you two!”

     “Did you know that my appa lived where there were a lot of fields?” Yongbin asked as he and Dongwan caught up with Seoyeon.

     “Really?” Dongwan asked in surprise as he looked at Yongbin.

     “Really,” Yongbin said looking at him with a big smile. “He’s really cool, isn’t he?”

     “Yeah, my appa didn’t live where fields were,” Dongwan said.

     “Here’s the first place,” Seoyeon said as she ignored the younger’s conversation. “Yongbin, Dongwan, go knock on the door.”

     “Why?” Yongbin asked, suddenly getting nervous at the thought of talking to strangers.

     “You want to eat food, don’t you?” Seoyeon asked.

     “My appa really likes eating food…” Yongbin said as he mulled over the thought. “Alright, c’mon hyung, let’s go,” Yongbin said as he grabbed a hold of Dongwan and led him up the stairs.

 

“Soojae-ah, where are you going?” Alex asked as he followed behind her. “Are you even following the map?”

     “I’m following the map,” Soojae said as she stopped in her tracks and looked at Alex. “Would you like to lead the way then?”

    “Sure,” Alex said as he took out his own map. “I think we should go this way.”

     “That’s the way I was going, though,” Soojae said as she looked at her map.

     “Oh, really? Well let’s hurry, we don’t want to be late!” Alex said as he grabbed Soojae’s hand as they ran up the hill together. “Hello, hello?” he asked in English as he knocked on the door of the house.

     “Ya, don’t speak English,” Soojae said as she lightly scolded him. “They probably don’t know what you’re talking about.”

     “Alright, fine, fine,” Alex said as he switched back over to Korean. “Is anyone in there? Hello?”

     “Ah, yes?” an older neighborhood couple asked coming to the door.

     “We’re trying to feed our appas,” Soojae began to explain, “could you please give us some food?”

     “Food?” the woman asked to make sure.

     “Yes please,” Soojae and Alex politely said at the same time.

     “It doesn’t matter what you give us,” Soojae said as she continued to explain the situation.

     “Alright, alright, come on inside,” the man said, “we’ll gather some food for you to take back to your appas.”

     “Thank you!” Soojae and Alex quickly said before they went into the house.

 

“So, for the first question,” the writer said once everyone was set up for the speed quiz, “it’s related to your children.”

     “Our children?” Peniel asked.

     “Yes, we asked them questions beforehand.”

     “How in the world did you ask them questions?” Yongguk asked staring at the writer in amazement.

     “While you guys were sleeping on the bus,” the writer said with amusement in her voice. “We had them take a paper survey and then we also had them point and vote.”

     “You had them write? Yongbin doesn’t know how to write,” Sandeul chimed in. “At least his writing isn’t very legible.”

     “We had them draw pictures and we asked them, too,” the writer said. “Are you guys just afraid that you don’t know your children very well?”

     “I know my child very well,” Joon suddenly said.

     “Alright then,” the writer said with a smile. “Let’s go, first question. Which father do you think would be the best to have fun with?”

     “Me, me, it has to be me,” Joon said as he quickly got to writing while Myungsoo stared at the cameramen searching for the answer.

     “Me, is it me? Is it Joon-hyung? What about Peniel?” Sandeul whispered to a staff person that was close to him who only laughed at him. Yongguk and Peniel silently wrote down their answers and it wasn’t that long before all five of them had a name written down.

     “Ready? Reveal!” Joon yelled as all of the fathers turned their signs around. “Ya! Why am I the only one that voted for myself?” Joon asked as he read the signs.

     “I voted for Sandeul-hyung,” Peniel said as he read his board.

     “Sandeul,” Yongguk said.

     “I voted for Peniel,” Sandeul said as he read his board.

     “I voted for Yongguk-hyung,” Myungsoo said as he read his.

     “The answer is,” the writer said as she attempted to stifle her laughter, “is Myungsoo.”

     “What?” the fathers all asked in surprise.

“What do you mean the answer is Myungsoo?” Joon asked.

     “Me?” Myungsoo asked in shock.

     “The reasons are,” the writer began to explain, “they said that you seem to be very relaxed and it seems as though you would let them do whatever they wanted.”

     “That’s just calling you lazy,” Sandeul said laughing at the results.

     “How many votes did he get?” Yongguk curiously asked.

     “Three out of five children voted for him,” the writer said. “So, since no one got it right, we’ll continue on to the next question. Next, we asked them what song was their favorite out of the ones we played for them, which were all of your songs.”

     “What songs?” Joon curiously asked.

     “Songs that weren’t your title songs,” the writer said.

     “There’s no way they would’ve heard that before,” Joon said suddenly objecting.

     “That was the whole point,” she said as the crew chuckled a bit. “We only told them the group names, not that their father was in the group.”

     “So what songs did you play?” Myungsoo asked.

     “From Infinite we played ‘Amazing,’ for B.A.P. we played ‘Goodbye,’ for B1A4 we played ‘In the Air,’ for BTOB we played ‘My Girl,’ and for MBLAQ we played ‘Love is Coming.’”

     “Hey, those are songs that were released early in our career,” Sandeul said.

     “Yes, we know,” the writer said.

     “So, out of those songs, choose which song you think your child said was the best. We played them in the same order that I said them, so just write down a number because that’s what we had them do.”

     Quickly, the fathers began attempting to think how the songs sounded, it wasn’t like they exactly remembered all of the songs that were released so many years ago. Joon was even having trouble remembering his own song.

     “Could you play a little part of the song?” Joon asked looking at the staff. “I can’t seem to remember.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the rest of the questions for the quiz going to be like? What are the answers going to be? Who is going to sleep in what room?

 

Here's Chapter 2. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And what song do you think the children liked listening to? If any of you don't know a song, here's what they are in order:

Infinite - Amazing

B.A.P. - Goodbye

B1A4 - In the Air

BTOB - My Girl

MBLAQ - Love is Coming