Chapter Eight

(Not a) Dirty Old Man

In the last episode of Dirty Old Man, Sungyeol went to find Sunggyu and Myungsoo went tofind Sungjong. Myungsoo comforted the maknae and found out what the issue is! Now it's time to solve things for once and for all.

Finally, Sunggyu exited the bathroom as well ready to find Sungjong and put their dispute to rest. However that was when Sungyeol found him in the hall way.

 

-Sunggyu POV-

 

I was ready to right things between myself and Sungjong again. In fact, it was probably best I just confessed my feelings to Sungjong clearly. I sighed as I moved down the hall back to the practice room.

“Hyung!”

I look up from my feet and see Sungyeol running towards me. He grabbed my shoulders.

“Hyung! Did you find Sungjong?” he asked.

I shook my head, “It's over, Sungyeol. Sungjong hates me for good. I should have just confessed my feelings and got it over with. I have to go clean up and apologize to Dongwoo now. Excuse me.”

I was defeated and Sungyeol could tell. He moved out of the way as I walked passed. However a voice came from behind me causing me to tense up.

“Not so fast!”

It was Myungsoo. I turned and there was Myungsoo and Sungjong was behind him holding his hand. Myungsoo came marching forward and held out his hand, “Let me see your phone.”

“Wha--?” I asked, but I was stunned so I reached in my pocket and produced the device.

Myungsoo took it, swiping open the screen and opening my kakao talk. He opened the message and then turned the screen to my face. In front of me was one of the Victoria Secret models Sungyeol and I were looking at yesterday, but the face was different! Instead of the woman it was now Sungjong!

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo-ah! What are you doing with that trash!” I yelled, swimming the phone from his hand.

“That's what we want to ask you!” Myungsoo said.

“Huh, I never saw this picture in my life!” I was beet red.

Suddenly there was the sound of cleared throat and all eyes turned to Sungyeol who looked sheepish.

“Ah, sorry Hyung,” Sungyeol said. “I sent that picture to you last night while you were sleeping. I thought I was doing something nice.”

“NICE!?” I yelled. “Aish! This is totally inappropraite!”

I scolded Sungyeol and even swatted his head. I then turned to Sungjong.

“Is this what you saw? Is this why you're angry with me?”

Sungjong looked startled at being talked to suddenly and he hugged his hands to his chest, turning a little red. He nodded. Though there was still hurt and now confusion across his features.

“I saw the picture last night,” he said, accusatory in tone. “How could you do that to me, Hyung?”

“He knew nothing about it!” Sungyeol said but held out a hand and stepped forward, effectively stopping him from saying more.

I got closer and with each step I took, Sungjong backed away. He turned and his back hit the wall. I didn't stop until I was directly in front of him.

“I...is it true?” he asked, large doe like eyes pleading with me.

I nodded, “It's true. I didn't know about that picture.”

Sungjong meant to say something more but I stopped him with a raise of my hand.

“But I want to apologize to you, because Sungyeol sent me that because he thought I would like it.”

“Why?”

“Because, Lee Sungjong, I love you.”

There! It was out! Those words that were so so very true and that was neglecting from saying for so long. But how would my dear sweet Sungjongie take it?

 

-Sungjong POV-

I gasped as my back hit the wall and again as Sunggyu hyung spoke so sincerely to me. I could hear it in his voice how true he was and he never tore his eyes away from me. I was captivated by the look in his eyes, so firm with determination but soft with feeling.

“--Lee Sungjong, I love you.”

“Hyung!” I gasped in surprise.

“No, listen to me, Sungjong-ah,” he said. “I mean it. I really do.”

My heart was beating so fast in my chest but I couldn't forgive him just now. I pushed past him, away from the wall and ran to Myungsoo's side.

“You're lying,” I accused.

I saw the pain my words caused him but I kept speaking anyway.

“All the time, you confuse me Hyung. I get so frustrated with you. It seems like nothing I do can please you, you're so mean to me. And recently has been no different. Why are you like this?”

“Why?” Sunggyu asked.

I nodded, “Yeah. Why, Hyung. Please, tell me.”

“I have told you,” Sunggyu said. “I love you.”

He sighed and it seemed to make his whole body shake. He looked at me direct in the eyes.

“I do. This is why I'm like this. I push you away, because I'm afraid you will think I'm just some y hyung. I'm not. And then I can't stand it so I bring you close because I want nothing else but to be with you. Sorry to be so selfish. Sungyeol knew I liked you, and he told me he'd help me win your heart. I never knew about that picture. If I knew that was his idea of help I'd have never asked him.”

Sunggyu bowed down at a 90 degree angle.

“I'm sorry, Sungjong-ah, really I am! I understand if you can't return this hyung's feelings! Just don't be angry with me. If you never want to be bothered with me again, I understand. Just please, bear with me for the team. I will ask of nothing else.”

There was silence after that and Sunggyu straightened up, looking flushed from his confession. I couldn't take it anymore. I walked up to Sunggyu and he tensed up as I raised my hand to hit him. And I did, I hit him right against the chest, and he winced a little even if I didn't make it hurt.

“Idiot,” I said.

“Sungjongie.”

I hit him one more time, “You idiot.”

This time I couldn't stop the tears willing in my eyes as they fell.

“Sungjongie!”

I sniffled and then threw my arms around his waist.

“Don't worry, Hyung! You don't have to worry anymore. I believe you and I understand! You don't have to avoid me.”

I looked up at him and he was frozen in place with his arms raised.

“I was upset because when I saw the picture I thought you only wanted me because of those y things! I'm happy, it's not true, Hyung. B,because... I... I also, like you.”

With that I did something that I didn't realize I really wanted to do. I tilted my head and kissed Sunggyu on the lips. He was shocked and gasped, but then I felt him return my hug. He squeezed me tight and kissed back and I felt so safe and warm.

He slid his hands up my back and threaded his fingers into my hair. He opened his mouth and I did as well so that we could deepen out kiss and show the depth of our feelings. Our tongues danced in our love and then suddenly--

“Ahem.”

We broke our kiss and looked and saw Myungsoo and Sungyeol still standing there.

“So, uhm, I guess that means everything's worked out between you two!” Sungyeol said happily “See, Hyung I told you my plan would work.”

Sunggyu glowered at Sungyeol and the overgrown kid hid behind Myungsoo in fear. Sunggyu let go of me and pushed up his sleeve.

“Yah! Sungyeol, don't think I forgive you for putting us through this!” he threatened.

“Eep!” Sungyeol ran off and Myungsoo followed. “See you at rehersal!”

He disappeared down the hall super fast leaving us behind a bit stunned. I giggled and Sunggyu looked back at me. I stepped forward and threaded our fingers together.

I was still a little mad at Sungyeol for that picture, but I'd have plenty of time to scold him about it later. Besides, now I had Sunggyu at my side and our misunderstanding has become resolved. I couldn't be more happy.

“Aish, I'm going to get that Sungyeol,” cursed Sunggyu under his breath.

He then looked at me.

“Are you hungry, Sungjong? Do you want to eat with hyung?”

I blushed and nodded, kissing him on the cheek.

 

~Narrator Voice~

 

And with that the problem was solved, and our Maknae and Leader could live happily ever after. Let's check twitter to see how the Inspirits are reacting...

 

Myung Baby @myungbabydoll008
OMG there is so much gyujong lately im cry it's like the new myungyeol

 

LUV Sungjonggie @sjong_loverINA

Today at the fanmeet Sungjong kept pouting and looking at leadergyu while he was doing peppero with woohyun! It was so cute!!!

 

hamster ham @_readergyu

I hate this. No woogyu moments lately but at the same time did you see the way leader was lookng at sungjong across stage last night i'm cry

 

flower crown @hoyayback

LEADERMAKNAE COUPLE RING AND NO IT ISN'T AN ENDORSEMENT its reaallll

 

Well, it looks like everything has ended well for our dear Grandapa after all!

-the end-

 

AN: Thanks everyone for reading! It's finished now~