Chapter Two

(Not a) Dirty Old Man

Chapter Two

 

The day had already started horrible for our dear old Gyu. You see, the day looked promising at the onset what with that beautiful Sungjong dream he had been blessed with, but oh how fast tables could turn.

 

Sunggyu was faced with no choice but to brace himself for the ridicule that may be headed towards his direction since they others now knew for sure of how (allegedly) attempted to tarnish the innocence of their maknae.

 

Although Sunggyu knew that was bull. Nobody in the entire band could surely be called innocent! They’d all be liars if they dared try to say so. Although Sunggyu didn’t know the extent of how much their maknae has done, whether or not the youngest was a or not, Sunggyu really wanted to know. He was dying to know but the only person privy to the maknae’s risqué tales was Myungsoo and that stupid visual wouldn’t tell him anything!

 

That said, Sunggyu knew he couldn’t avoid the situation. They had a schedule in the morning and he was already the last one up so he couldn’t even loiter in the bathroom pretending to get ready for longer than usual. After a washing his face and doing his morning regimen he went to face his fate!

 

-Sunggyu POV-

 

I can’t believe my beautiful morning has turned out so unequivocally ty. What have I done to deserve this? Is this what happens to leaders who fall for their maknaes? Who am I to consult about a matter as delicate as this?

 

Oh well.

 

I shuffle into the kitchen and 5 pairs of eyes look at me. I can see and feel the mocking laughter without having to hear them say anything. And then there’s Howon with his unaffected face but I can feel his judgment from here. And Sungjong just completely turns his back away towards Myungsoo.

 

“Good morning,” I mutter, shuffling to the counter and filling a bowl with rice.

 

“Morning hyung,” came a few murmurs.

 

But otherwise it’s completely quiet as I move around the kitchen and all the eyes follow me. I’m lean against the counter to eat n peace but their judging mocking eyes are boring into me! I can’t take it anymore!

 

I set my bowl down with a slam!

 

“Ok! I get it! You all think I’m some predator! But don’t just silently judge me!”

 

There is a silence as everyone is just looking at me, even Sungjong turns his head to shoot me a glaring frown.

 

“Say something will you!?” I demand.

 

“”Way to go hyung,” speaks Sungyeol first. “Thanks to you the maknae is now a man.”

 

“Yah! I was already a man!” protest Sungjong balling his fist in a manner I can only describe as cutely.

 

Why must his rage even be endearing? Really I am sorry for what I did! I really am.

 

“It’s not like that!” I say trying to save face.

 

“Well then what was it?” Howon asked, frowning at me in his wholesome Howon way. “Why would Sungjong say something untrue?”

 

“Now now, I think you’re being too hasty to condemn our dear leader!” Woohyun came over to my side and clapped his hand on my shoulder.

 

There you go! My faithful Namu! I knew I could count on you! You’re a true pal.

 

“He obviously would have attacked whichever one of us woke him up today!” Woohyun concluded.

 

“W,WHAT!” I exclaim. “Whose side are you on!?”

 

“Yours naturally,” Woohyun assured me with a smile but I felt deceived.

 

I crossed my arms, “I can’t believe you all will really think I would prey on you members!”

 

Really, I may be a healthy, . But that didn’t mean I have some sort of voracious appetite that must be satiated on my members Honest! I wouldn’t touch most of them with a ten foot pole! I thought they knew me better than that so I gave them my most powerful glare.

 

“I don’t know, hyung…”

 

“I was your roommate and I know you can get a bit frisky in your sleep,” Woohyun chuckled.

 

“I’m done with you! I‘m done with you all! Good bye!” I threw my hands in the air and stormed out the kitchen but my stomach growled so I came back to grab my rice bowl and left once again.

 

As I ate my pitiful rice only breakfast I tried to calm myself down. They obviously were just making fun of me and I shouldn’t have shown my insecurity! I let me guard down and angered too quickly? Aren’t we all men here? They know as well as I do how things can be…. Down there…. In the morning!

 

Or maybe that’s what they were implying by saying that I would have gotten into the same situation with anyone of them. But it wasn’t true. I have taste, you know. I don’t want to rub against Dongwoo’s thigh!

 

I am a man of refined taste.

 

Really.

 

But knowing those boys they’ll forget about it really soon and Sungjong will punch a teddy bear and all will be solved! All will be right in the world… I hope.

 

-Narrator-

 

And that is how we left the leader Gyu. He was content to believe that he was safe. The y grandpa had rationalized the situation away. It wasn’t like anyone could deduce that he likes Sungjong from the situation anyway, especially if they thought he’d rub his morning on any one of them as preposterous as the very thought was!

 

Curious as it all was, just as he predicted everyone went back to normal by lunch time. He had to endure a few laughs and jokes at his expense in the morning by it all died down soon enough. They were working hard preparing for their next oncert after all, and didn’t have time to worry about Sunggyu’s .

 

Or so he thought. It was break time when he saw things were quite contrary to how they seemed. The resident man-child of the group was the one who refused to forget. While the others went out, the leader stayed behind because he was on a diet but he was the old hamster really alone?

 

-Sunggyu POV-

 

Finally lunch came around and the others left to go to a convenience store but I had to stay in because I was on a diet again. Curse my diet! I already messed it up by eating rice in the morning so I had to skip lunch. Oh well. I pulled out my tablet and went on the internet to pass the time. I checked my mail and other accounts quiet trying to ignore the gnawing pain in my stomach.

 

I didn’t think I could take it anymore so I tossed my tablet to the side and went to lay down on the practice room floor when suddenly:

 

“HYUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

A body pounced on me and I screamed and kicked and scrambled away to the other wall. Once I was safe and hugging the wall I looked at my attacker and saw it was none other than Sungyeol and he was laughing hard on the floor.

 

“Haha hyung! You should have seen your face.”

 

 I glared. Well he should see his face after I rearrange it with my fist.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked with what I hoped was a frigid tone.

 

“I wanted to spend time with you,” he replied quickly.

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

“Really! I’m honest!” Sungyeol said.

 

I really didn’t believe him and as he started to crawl closer I pressed my back against the wall as much as possible.

 

“Relax. I’m not going to hurt you,” he said as he came sitting beside me.

 

I said nothing as he settled beside me and I knew by the look in his eyes he was up to no good.

 

“Well, what is it? Spill it?” I asked.

 

He grinned in his unique way, “Hyung... do you…. Like Sungjong?”

 

And really I didn’t know how to react so I did nothing but try to look as uninterested as possible.

 

“I KNEW IT!” Sungyeol shouted. “So you DO like him!”

 

“What? I didn’t say anything!” I protested, getting on my knees.

 

“You don’t have to,” Sungyeol waved dismissively. “I could see it in your eyes.”

 

“What the—“ I say but give up because it’s Sungyeol and he isn’t supposed to make much sense.

 

“No use denying it hyung! He knows,” Sungyeol said.

 

“What?”

 

“Well, he’s suspected it for a while. Don’t tell anyone I told you this but Sungjong told Myungsoo that he feels weird around you. He said sometimes you stare at him like he’s a piece of steak.”

 

“I do not!” I protested.

 

Sungyeol raised his hand to stop my protest, “Now now hyung listen. He said you stare at him. And sometimes you’re really nice to him so he thinks oh that hyung must like me. But then you turn around and get all hissy fit with him and then he’s like wow that hyung must hate me!”

 

“Ok… so how does that mean that I like him then?” I say.

 

“Because when I found out about this I was watching you and the way you treat him. You like him. Your awkward glances, your touches that linger a split second longer than they would on the rest of us, and just the way you’re hyper aware of everything he does,” beamed Sungyeol.

 

“It’s not true! And even if it was how do you know if Sungjong told Myungsoo!”

 

“Sungjong tells Myungsoo everything… and I mean everything!” Sungyeol put such an emphasis on the word that I couldn’t help but feel it was terrible suggestive. “And in turn Myungsoo tells me everything afterward.”

 

“Eh? So much for confidentiality,” I mutter.

 

Sungyeol shrugged, “Myungsoo’s not a doctor.”

 

“And who do you tell?”

 

“No one. I keep it all sealed up in the bank of Sungyeol! Except right now because I see you dear leader… you are in need! I, Lee Sungyeol, have graciously decided to offer you my services as your love coach! Mark my words Kim Sunggyu you will get your prize or your money back guarantee!”

 

“I’m not even paying you any money!” I pointed out.

 

“Exactly.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Based on Myungsoo’s stories I think there is enough interest to reel him in if you play your cards right but after a stunt like to day—really, hyung rubbing your gross self all over his thigh- you risk losing it all! What do you say? Hyung, the choice is yours.”

 

I frowned down at the hand Sungyeol held out for me to shake.

 

I felt a strange bad feeling in my gut. I mean, this is Sungyeol after all. What did he know about hooking people up!? But at the same time I’m desperate! I’m tired of everyone I like running away from me as if I were some sort of creep (I’m looking at you Hyuna)! And I didn’t want my feelings for the maknae to make him hate me! Quite the opposite! How did Teen Top say? Oh yeah… I WANNA LOVE!

 

So against the bad sinking feeling in my stomach hope won out as I grasped Sungyeol’s waiting hand.

 

“Deal!” I said. “But this had better work or you’re dead.”

 

-to be continued…-

 

AN - sorry i don't know how to write these characters well! thanks everyone who reading! and those who sub and comment!