Chapter Seven

(Not a) Dirty Old Man

Chapter 7

 

In the last episode of Dirty Old Man, Sungjong is raging mad at Sunggyu. He s ignoring the grandpa and the granpa isn’t taking it too well. When Dongwoo tried to talk to him that grandpa threw his and Sungjong’s lunch boxes on the ground in anger. Can Sungyeol and L put a stop to this madness?

 

-Myungsoo POV-

 

I left the room first to find Sungjong. I know Sungyeol is a bit shaken up so it will take him a while to gather himself to see our leader. If something Sungyeol did really messed up leader Gyu’s chances with our maknae I doubt that Sunggyu will be in a forgiving mood. I go looking around and even call the maknae’s name but I don’t receive any answer.

 

I reached the end of the hall and was planning to head back but something in me was saying I should check the emergency staircase. I walked and opened the door to the stairwell.

 

“Sungjong?” I called as I peeked my head between the door.

 

My voice echoed throughout and I was perfectly still waiting to hear a response. Of course, there was none, but what I heard in its place was far more alarming. There was a sniffle, a soft one, but definitely a sniffle.

 

“Sungjong,” I say softly as I step into the well and elt the door close behind me.

 

There is no reply again but I can tell the sniffling is coming from below. I go down a single flight of stairs, my heart is leaping wildly in my throat. Really it feels like it’s going to leap right out, and when I finally see Sungjong, crouched down in the corner looking so small and so hurt I just really feel my heart being squeezed to pieces.

 

‘Aish, I really want to kill that Lee Sungyeol!’ I think bitterly to myself.

 

But now is not the time to think of how I can punish that idiot meddling boyfriend of mine. He would have to pay for hurting my best friend, but first I had to clean the mess he made.

 

“Jongie,” I say again and this time I crouch in front of him and touch his knee.

 

He shifts away from me and looks away, frantically scrubbing his face with the sleeve of his shirt. He doesn’t want me to see him crying. We’re all men, and yes we sometimes feel like we don’t want to be seen as so vulnerable. It’s only natural.

 

I don’t do anything, I don’t say anything, I just sit with him. Who cares if time is passing? Sungjong needs this time.

 

I notice that Sungyeol’s lunch box is actually sitting untouched on the ground beside us. I pick it up and open it and begin to eat some of the rice when Sungjong finally stirs and looks at me with red eyes.

 

“That’s mine,” he said, weakly.


“It doesn’t have your name on it,” I reply and eat the rice.

 

“It does… right there,” Sungjong points out the word ‘Sung’ written on a note.

 

I chuckle and shake my head, “Your name isn’t Sung. None of us are. This is nobody’s lunch.”

 

I continue to eat and he pouts as he watches me, but I’m glad to see he’s stopped crying. It pains me to know it could have hurt him so much. I don’t say anything as I eat hoping to have him start the conversation. I’m not going to pry and I know he’ll spill eventually.

 

I don’t have to wait long because he eventually talks.

 

“I’m so stupid,” he begins, reaching over to take my chopsticks from my hand.

 

I don’t protest as he starts to eat from his lunch and only listen, happy that he’s started talking.

 

“I’m so stupid. I don’t know what I expected from that hyung,” Sungjong said after swallowing some of the food. “It’s my own damn fault.”

 

I was confused I guess if I don’t pry more he’ll never just come out and say it. I better just be blunt.

 

“Sungjongie, what happened yesterday, really? You were mad at Sunggyu hyung but then you got over it, and then you even wanted to have a sleep over with him, but now this morning you want to kill him. What happened?”

 

Sungjong frowned as he chewed on a piece of chicken.

 

“You promise not to tell anyone?” he asked.

 

I nodded, “I promise! I never tell your secrets to anyone,” I assure him, although I do tell Sungyeol sometimes. Shhh.

 

“Ok… well, I was having fun with Sunggyu hyung last night. We had some good times and watched a movie and I was so happy. I thought this is exactly what I want to be like with hyung. It was perfect,” he began.

 

I nodded to show I was listening.

 

“But then in the middle of the night there was a text message on his phone! He didn’t wake up at all but it woke me up. So I picked the phone up and that’s when I saw it,” Sungjong’s expression darkened as he said the last part.

 

It?” I asked.

 

Sungjong nodded, “Yes, It.”

 

“What exactly is it?” I prod.

 

“It… It…” Sungjong’s fist clenched in his lap and his fae scrunched up in anger. “It is a picture of my head photoshopped onto a bikini!”

 

“WHAT!???” I was so shocked I shouted out. “No way!”

 

“Hyung!” he said. “Really it was me! My head was on a picture of a Victoria secret picture!”

 

“No way! That’s insane!”

 

“I’m so angry,” Sungjong said. “I don’t understand. He’s my hyung. How could… how could he have that, that disgusting thing!”

 

I was so shocked I couldn’t speak but the next thing that comes up in my heart is anger too.

 

“Yah! That Kim Sunggyu!” I stand up and push up one of my sleeve while balling my fists.

 

Now I know why Sungjong was so angry! That Sungjong! My poor maknae Sungjong! He was so angry because he was violated! He probably cried too because he is so angry and hurt. How dare that Sunggyu look at Sungjong just like that, as if he is some object?

 

“How dare he!” I say, “What kind of person photoshops a picture of a person’s head, a MALE person’s head, onto a female Victoria Secret model’s body—“

 

I freeze.

 

A male person’s head on a Victoria secret’s body… suddenly my mind remembers the pictures Sungyeol has of my face creepily put on those bodies too and I go completely red in the face. I hate those pictures, and I hate Sungyeol and that stupid maid outfit he bought me. And I hate him for sending that picture to Sunggyu! That was the only possible explanation!

 

“That Choding,” I curse under my breath.

 

“Huh?” Sungjong said.

 

“Nothing,” I say, not wanting to know that I suspect that Sungyeol is the cause of his recent misery. Besides, I don’t know if Sunggyu asked for that picture or not.

 

“Anyway that’s why I’m so upset. I can’t even look at him. I’m sorry it causing trouble for the team but I just can’t!” Sungjong says, his voice a bit shaky.

 

I look at him and nod, sitting back down beside him and the lunch box. I can see the look in his eyes show that he’s more hurt than angry. There is a look in his eye that looks like he just wants to ask why Sunggyu would even do such a thing. Am I the one who supposed to give that answer? I don’t know either, really.

 

“Anyway, eventually I’m going to have to talk to him but for now I can’t stand it. My stomach, it’s hurting so much when I see him. I’m so angry,” Sungjong said. “And he’s acting like he doesn’t even know about it. He’s acting as if he doesn’t know why I’d be angry!”

 

“Hmmm,” I say. “You say that you saw the picture at night after being awoken by a message?”

 

Sungjong nodded, “Yeah.”

 

I think about last night and I vaguely remember being in bed trying to sleep and Sungyeol laughing manically at his laptop and phone… Could he have been making and sending that picture?

 

“And you say Sunggyu acts like he doesn’t know why you could be mad?” I ask.

 

Sungjong nods his head and I just have a bad feeling about this. Well, even more of a bad feeling than I already have. When Sungjong looked at the message that means that the message was marked as read. There was a possibility that Sunggyu hyung woke up in the morning, saw he had no unread messages and never saw the picture in the first place!

 

Argh Sungyeol! Why are you making such a mess!?

 

I stand up quickly and pull Sungjong up and he squeaks in surprise.

 

“Come on,” I say.

 

“Huh? Where are we going?”

 

“I think I know exactly what’s going on here and we’re going to solve this once and for all!” Is all the explanation I give as I pull Sungjong back out of the stair well.

 

Despite his protestations I drag him down the hallway. I’m sure if someone saw me right now they’d say my eyes were blazing with determination. As we’re walking hand in hand down the hall I turn to look at Sungjong but he won’t meet my eye. I see he’s biting his lip nervously and his palm is a bit damp.

 

Sungjong had said just thinking about Sunggyu was making his stomach hurt.

 

It’s so weird. Of course anyone would be mad about the picture but Sungjong, for him to take it so much to heart it really made me wonder. What exactly was our maknae thinking? What are his true feelings for our leader Gyu?

 

--Sunggyu POV—

 

I feel so bad. I can’t believe that I acted so harshly towards Dongwoo. He really didn’t deserve that. He has nothing to do with any of my troubles with Sungjong and yet I took everything out on him and even threw two lunch boxes on the floor.

 

I slump sadly against the bathroom sink.

 

I am a terrible. I can’t even control myself and my anger as a man in love.

 

But is it even love? What is this feeling I have. My heart it really feels like it’s going to split just thinking of how angry I’ve made Sungjong. I would give up everything just for him to smile at me one more time. I don’t want him to be angry.

 

I should have never listened to Sungyeol. I should have never listened to his rules. Yeah, they worked for a bit but now it seems like it’s about to blow up in my face right when it was getting good. But what could it be?

 

Aish, here I am being selfish again. I need to stop thinking about myself and about Sungjong. I hurt Dongwoo and I made a mess in the room. I need to go apologize and clean it up. Yes, that’s what I’ll do. I’ll go back, clean up my mess, apologize to Dongwoo, and go stick around with Woohyun for the rest of the day. It will blow over in no time. Maybe even Sungjong will forgive me naturally. I mean, I didn’t really do anything wrong did I?

 

-to be continued-

 

AN –uhm… so is Sunggyu walking back into a storm? Hehehe What do you think about Sungjong’s feelings? What do you think about the thing that he saw on Gyu’s phone!?

;~;

Sorry for the long wait. I wanted to focus on my teen top fic and then before I knew it it was so long since the last update! OMG! I don’t want this to ever happen again! I will focus on both my fics instead of just one from now on >< Thanks everyone who commented and subbed and expressed interest in this in the mean time!