The Assembly

Artharis

I don't really know where to go so I just followed some students. I'm sure that they'll also be going to the assembly. 

"Xaviers, go to this direction. The assembly would start in 10 minutes" an old lady dressed in formal clothes shouted. Based from what Sophia said last night, I think I am a Xavier so I went to the direction the old lady was pointing to.

A few more meters and I saw a big door right in front of me. It was guarded by some men dressed in suits.

"What's your name and year?" one of the guy asked.

"Luhan Kim. First Year"

They searched throught the list they have. 

"Good. Welcome Luhan. Go to the right and you'll find your seat near the back" the other guy said followed by a smile. I smiled back.

They opened the door and all I can hear were people talking... a lot of people.... As I enter the door, I realised that it's a big hall that has a stage on the middle. It looks like a big coliseum. It has a center area where all students wearing blue are seating... while, the sides are elevated and is filled up by students wearing red... Talk about division...

I walked through a lot of students on my way to my seat. I felt really low seeing most of them cause they probably have better and more powerful skills than what I have. They probably are more confident than I am. They are probably a lot smarter than I am. I don't deserve to be here... but, why am I here?

After a few more seconds, I finally found my seat. It's probably in the first year area cause none of the students are talking to each other. Some of them looks really scared. Some are almost in tears and that made me feel good again. I'm not alone. 

I sat down on my chair and tried to look around. Fortunately, I spotted Sophia and Lay sitting on the left side. When they saw me, they smiled and waved at me... Finally, I felt a little bit of relief. 

 

"Hi! I'm Baekhyun Byun. What's your name?" the boy beside me said. 

"I'm... Luhan... Kim... Nice to.. meet you" I replied.

"Hi Luhan." he smiled. "It feels really weird to be here right now?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, I dreamed for this all my life and being in this assembly is making me shiver"

"Wow! yah, it's kinda weird being here" I smiled.

"So where are you from?"

"I'm from the Seros village in the northern region. How about you?" I asked.

"I came from the Leios village in the eastern region"

"Ah really? I've heard a lot of things about that village"

"Oh! what have you heard about it?"

"Well, I know that your village supplies most of the weapons in Rodencia... and that, they have a really good training facility for warriors"

"Sounds right! bet you haven't heard that Leios also have the prettiest girls in the nation" he laughed.

"haha. I haven't heard of that one yet. But, it's good to know... might visit Leios next time"

We both laughed... I didn't fail on having a friend on the first day. 

 

After a few minutes, an old man wearing a black robe started to talk.

"GOOD MORNING ARTHARIANS! To all the first years, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here in Artharis. To all the other years, welcome back"

"It's been an honor for Artharis to have the best students in all of Rodencia and I'm personally proud to be the headmaster that would guide all of you in achieving your dreams. To the first years, I am Professor Darmouth and I'm glad to meet all of you"

He started talking about the history of Artharis... it's legacy... it's curriculum... all the boring stuffs... Me and Baekhyun started to fall asleep.

 

"Let us give a warm applause for Kris from year 5 for achieving the number 1 rank in last years exam" the announcer said. Then everbody clapped. Some of them shouting. 

As everyone was clapping, a tall guy wearing a red robe went on stage. He received a medal and some certificate. Everybody is still clapping their hands while me and Baekhyun started to stop. My hands hurt. 

"Let us now hear a speech from Kris" the announcer said.

"Good morning fellow Artharians! It is my honour to stand in front of all of you. It is also my honour to receive this award from the academy.... This is my last year in Artharis and all I can say is I would forever cherish this experience... Meeting fellow Artharians, learning from the most amazing faculty, developing my skills... To all first year students, I was also in that seat 4 years ago. I was also scared and confused.... In the beginning, it is ok to be scared but as soon as you get the hang of it, I'm sure all of you would enjoy your stay here in Artharis... and I'm sure all of you would reach your full potential... This is the start... Artharis is where your journey begins"

Everybody started clapping. I myself unconciously clapped my hands. His words are the best thing that could summarise what I feel right now... My journey would begin today... and I think I'm ready for it...

"Kris, what are your plans this year?" the announcer asked.

"My main goal this year is the competition... I think it is the ultimate goal of every student here in Artharis"

"We are glad to hear that... So, we'll be expecting a lot from you Kris". He smiled and left the stage.

 

Prof. Darmouth stood up and went to the podium.

"Classes would start tomorrow morning. Check for your room assignment on the notice board in the main lobby. Your schedule should be in the student handbook in your rooms. By the way, every student is requested to attend the acquaintance dinner tonight at 8pm. Thank You. You may all go now."