Welcome

Artharis

The train ride to the city took about 12 hours... It was long but exciting... I saw places I haven't seen before... I met people that have wonderful stories to tell... I ate food that I didn't even know exist... my favourite would be the chicken in some sweet sauce... It's hard to explain but it taste nice...

I also saw fellow "Artharians" but most of them are wearing red coats... so they probably belong to the "normal division"... the weird thing is that everytime I try to talk to them, they just look at me and walk away... as if i'm some ghost... well, come to think of it, I belong to the "special" division... so do they consider me weird???...

"We're here! wake up little man" dad yelled as he was shaking me

"ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! what time is it" I answered

"almost 9pm" 

"WHATTTT???? how long did I sleep?" I shouted.

"an hour or so... by the way, you missed the food" dad replied.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP!!!!!" 

"I tried to, but you look so tired so I just ate your food"

"what?!?!?!?" I sighed.

"stop whining. get up now. we'll be late for the Council Dinner"

"what dinner?"

"stop asking questions. move!!!!" my dad shouted

 

I immediately carried my luggage and followed my dad...As I step out the train, I felt the hot weather of the city... It's so HOT... I grew up near the mountains so I'm not used to the warm weather.

We walked through the train station... it feels very different... in our village, most people would be at home by 9 but here I can still see people walking around inside the huge train station... some of them rushing to catch the next train... some hanging out in coffee shops... 

I was suprised that a car was waiting for us outside the station. It wasn't just an ordinary car, it's a COUNCIL car.... It drove through the city so i saw a glimpse of what i'm going to call home for the next 5 years... bright lights, cars beeping, full restaurants, people walking and chatting... I saw things that I only imagined in my dreams...

... and I kind of liked it...

 

A few more minutes and the car stopped in front of our hotel. The dormitories in Artharis would open tomorrow so we're staying here for tonight.... The hotel is considered first class. When we entered, there were people waiting to carry our luggages. Some were serving drinks and there was a live band playing.... Our room is on the 12th floor. When I opened the door, I saw a huge room which has it's own kitchen and lounge room. It also has expensive decorations...and a very soft bed..... I don't even know how my dad afforded this?

 

"Luhan, change to a formal suit quickly" my dad commanded.

"Why?" I replied.

"Didn't I tell you about the council dinner? please don't ask questions and change"

 

I got a black suit from my bag and I quickly wore it. I made sure that I look presentable cause it's a "COUNCIL" dinner. Actually, I don't know what that is. I only know that it's formal and that there is food... and for me, food is enough reason to go...

 

The dinner was held on a big hall on the 25th floor of the building. It's a very formal dinner... men in suits, women in dresses, properly arranged tables, 3 big tables of food, expensive and artistic designs... I haven't been to any event similar to this so I was really amazed... The guests are probably members of the national and local councils cause my dad seems to know most of them. He actually handshakes every person he sees while I just hide behind his back.

"Director Kim, so is this your son?" a man in suit asked.

"Yah. He is. Luhan introduce yourself to Director Choi" my dad asked.

"Good Evening Director Choi. I'm Luhan Kim."

"Nice to meet you Luhan! I heard a lot of good things about you" he replied. 

...Good things? where did he hear it from?...

"He is entering Artharis tomorrow Director Choi" my dad said.

"Wow! Welcome to Artharis Luhan. I'll take good care of you" he replied while smiling at me.

"Take good care?" I asked.

"I'm one of the professors in Artharis. I'm sure i'll handle one of your class sooner or later" he replied.

"Ahhhh ok. So i'll see you Professor Choi." I replied while smiling. He smiled back. 

"I'll be leaving now. See you soon Director Kim and I might see you tomorrow Luhan" he answered. Then, he bowed and left.

"Luhan, I need to talk to some people. Go to table 7. You have a reserved seat there... you might want to make some friends before going to school tomorrow" my dad said.

"Do I have a choice?" I whined.

"No. so go now. ok?!?" 

"Ok!"