First Day

Artharis

I woke up at 6am in the morning to prepare for school... This is it... my first day... I wore the same blue uniform that I was wearing when I went here but now, I am also wearing a strange necklace. It's shaped like star with some stones in it. My dad told me that it's a symbol that indicates that I belong to the special division, and that I only need to wear it on the first day... Thank god, it is really heavy...

I am really sleepy because I couldn't sleep for the whole night. I was worrying about what's going to happen today. What would Artharis look like? What would the people think about me? Would I make friends? The only thing that I'm looking forward to is seeing Sophia and Lay again. They promised to give me a tour of the academy after the assembly which is really nice of them.

"Luhan! we're leaving now!!!" dad shouted.

"I'm coming!" I replied.

"All your luggages are already in the dormitory so don't look for it"

"OK dad!"

 

I went outside my room and I saw my dad standing near the door staring at me.

"You're all grown up now" he smiled. "Sorry Luhan! even though I can't tell you why, I am really sorry" then he started having tears in his eyes.

"Dad? are you ok?"

"I am... Luhan remember this, you are special... this is your fate... and it's all because of me... but one thing is for sure, you can get through this... I believe in you"

"I can't understand you dad?" I smiled to hide everything in my mind right now. What is my fate? How? Why? 

My dad cleared his eyes and hugged me.

"It's time. You don't want to be late on your first day"

 

After hugging me, we went down the hotel and rode the same car as last night. It drove for about 20 minutes until a big castle-like building appered. Is this Artharis? The castle is modernized but still with a bit of history in it. The walls are still on it's own rock-like appearance. Trees surround the area with a lake nearby. The castle had some red and blue flags decorated near the entrance. There's also a big sign in the gate saying "Artharis. Your journey begins here."

After a few more meters, I started to see students saying goodbye to their family. Some of them are crying. Some of them looks happy. Some of them looks scared, which makes me feel good cause I'm not the only one.

 

"So this is it... I can't go in. You need to go by yourself" dad said. 

"This is it... " I tried to fake a smile.

"Be good... do your best, ok? and we'll visit you every now and then... and we'll send you a ticket before your holidays"

"isn't it too early to think about school holidays?" I smiled. 

"I'll miss you son" then my dad hugged me AGAIN. This is the first time that I saw my dad like this. He is usually a very strong person so seeing him being emotional makes me emotional as well.

"I'll miss you too dad... but before we become too emotional, you should probably go and I should probably go in cause I might get in trouble if i get late" 

He smiled. "See you soon". 

He got in the car and left... I'm alone now. But, I need to be strong. I need to be brave. I can do this.