Daydream

Artharis

All I can see now is a big moon in the sky. It looks nice, but it’s too bright for me. It makes my favourite hiding place less of a “hiding place”… I do hope no one sees me cause I really do need some quiet time tonight. *Sigh

Swimming in the lake. Hunting for some wild boars. Sleeping in the meadows. Thinking about these things makes me happy. And then, reality strikes… these things would never happen.

Daydreaming… well sort of… is my form of escape. Lately, everything is just so complicated. It just got to the point that it’s just too much to handle… A year ago, my dream was just to go to a local college and do some degree in farming, similar to every other teenage boy in our village… It’s not what I really wanted to do but hey it’s normal…

But who would have ever thought that very big changes could happen so quickly.

I’m leaving tomorrow!!! It hasn’t sunk it yet… but sooner or later I need to accept it. I do hope it happens in the next few hours cause I’m technically leaving in less than a day. *Sigh… Last month, I received an acceptance letter from Artharis. The most prestigious academy of the nation that only accepts the smartest and the most talented students. The weird thing is that I’m far from being smart and talented. And, I never even applied for Artharis.

The bad news is an acceptance letter from Artharis is more of a demand letter. If you get one, you NEED to go to Artharis.

Well, I’m sure that every person who gets a letter from Artharis would be thrilled… except for me though… It’s not that I don’t want to go to the “most prestigious academy of the nation”; it’s just that it’s too much of a hassle to leave the safe borders of my village. And yah, studying in the top academy means hard work, which I don’t like.

Another bad news is that I got into the special division of Artharis. This special division trains the “future warriors” of the nation… these are kids with special abilities. And unfortunately, I’m one of them. Well you see, I have this weird ability of folding air and using it to make different things… swords, orbs, blades, whirlwinds…name it I can do it…. I discovered this ability when I was 7. To cut the long story short, I was being bullied then BOOM!!!; orbs made of air suddenly went flying… I remember being shocked and terrified so I immediately went home and told my dad what happened… then, he got angry… And he told me to promise to never use it again… But of course, I broke my promise… first, because it saves me from being bullied. Second, it’s hard to find a reason not to use it.

As I grew up, I learned how to properly control it. I actually do some training every now and then, not because I want to be an expert or something; it’s just that learning how to control it makes me satisfied…. Over the years, I tried to keep this ability a secret from everyone. But apparently, Artharis has heard about it; so now I need to train under their guidance so that I can become a GREAT warrior of this nation… As if that would ever happen.

“Luhan… where are you? Dinner is ready!!!” my mom’s worried voice suddenly woke me up from all these daydreaming.

“It’s getting late now… you still need to wake up early tomorrow” I suddenly flinched hearing that. It finally sunk in… I’m leaving…. and I’m not sure if I would ever come back… alive.

“I’m coming” I shouted back after a few seconds.

“Be there in 5 minutes mom” Even though I don’t see her, I’m sure that she smiled after hearing my answer.

“I’ll see you” mom replied.

After two more minutes of staring into blank space, I finally decided to jump down my favourite tree and go back home. Walking slowly while cherishing every single thing because this might be the last time I see this place.