New Friends

Artharis

I went to table 7. It was on the right side of the room near the fire exit. There were only two tables in that area, which I think are reserved for students because the people seating in these tables look a lot younger compared to those who are dancing in the middle of the hall. 

I looked for my chair and sat down. In our table, there were only 4 of us  while only 5 people were on the other table.

"Hi! My name is Sophia and this is my friend Lay" a girl in with short black hair asked me. She looks really pretty especially in her white dress.

"Oh Hi! My name is Luhan"

"Hey Luhan, nice to meet you" the guy said. He seems nice. or maybe it's because of his smile. He has two big dimples in his face when he smiles. 

"Nice to meet you too... Lay, right?"

"Yah!" he replied.

"So are you a Xavier?" Sophia asked.

"What is a Xavier" I asked.

"Haha. Students from the special division are called Xaviers" she explained.

"Ahhh... yah, I am a Xavier"

"You're on your first year right?" Lay asked.

"Yah. my first day in Artharis is tomorrow.... are you both first years as well" I asked.

"haha no. we're both year 4 students" Sophia replied.

"really? both of you look so young!!!!" I shouted. They both smiled after hearing what I just said.

"So what abilities do you have?"

"uhmm I can control the wind" I made a ball made from wind in my hands. "I can make swords as well"

"interesting!" they both said in unison. "I think this is not the right place to make swords" Lay joked and we all smiled.

"How about you two?" I asked.

"I can make shields. Lay is a healer" Sophia replied.

"WOW! now I know where to go when I feel sick" I joked.

"Haha who said that I'm going to heal you" Lay replied with a smirk.

 

All three of us started to talk about other things like where we came from, what do we want to do. I found out that Sophia and Lay grew up together in the city. They both knew there ablities at a very young age so they were able to do a lot of training prior to entering Artharis. 

They also gave me a brief lecture about what to expect in Artharis. They told me that students from the normal division are called Cielos. They told me that Cielos don't really interact with Xaviers because of the difference in status. They also told me to stay away from the 12th floor of Artharis and to bring food cause apparently the food in the cafeteria taste like plastic...so the rumour is true...

In the middle of our conversation, I looked at the other table and a guy in black suit was looking at me.

"Do you know him?" I whispered while I secretly pointed at the guy

"He is Jongin Kim." Sophia replied.

"Sounds familiar" 

"Everyone calls him Kai" Lay answered.

"Kai.... what?... don't tell me??? don't tell me he is Kai from the Ryzer Clan?"

"Haha! so you do know him?" Sophia replied.... Who wouldn't know Kai?... He is from the Ryzer Clan, the most powerful clan in Rodencia... Every 10 years, they send their best warrior to Artharis to train and study... ALL OF THE TIME, their warrior would top the class and would end up having the top position in the army... and Kai... Kai is considered the most famous student in Artharis because of his role in the competition three years ago.

"Of coure I know Kai" I answered.

"Haha everybody knows him. not unless your province is not reached by the news" Lay joked and all of us smiled.

 

As we were laughing, I noticed that Kai was still looking at me... and by the looks of it, I am in big trouble...