Goodbyes

Artharis

When I opened my eyes, all i can see is BLUE... blue sky... blue trees... blue birds... everything seems so peaceful... I haven't seen this place before but something about it makes me feel calm... 

I noticed a giant blue tree in the middle of the forest... There is something familiar about it so I started walking towards it... As I was walking, a loud thunder sound echoed throughout the whole forest. A few seconds later, everything was on fire. The once peaceful blue forest is starting to turn to ashes and if I don't run now, I might just turn into one as well.... 

I ran as fast as I can. I didn't even know that I could run this fast... I saw trees falling and animals running trying to escape the fire...

I didn't even know how long I ran... 5 minutes? 10 minutes? all i know is I was running really fast...

When I thought I was far enough, I looked back to see the extent of the fire... but, it's gone... the blue forest is back...

Then suddenly, a black figure started to form near me... it only took a few more seconds and a big black animal was staring at me... it has two big horns and sharp claws. And by the looks of it, that thing is no way near being nice...

My only reaction was to run... to run as quickly as possible before I become dinner for a creature that I haven't seen before... The only problem is that the creature was also fast.... I figured that I cannot escape from it so I decided to fight. I gathered some air and used it to form a spear... It's time for me to use my hunting skills... 

I ran towards the creature... hoping that I can kill it by piercing through it's heart... 

But as I got nearer, my spear disappeared... and the creature jumped on top of me...

I closed my eyes and accepted death.

***

I immediately opened my eyes, sat up and catched my breath. It was all a dream. A very scary dream.

It took a few more minutes before I calmed down... I looked at the time, it was 5am... ! I'm leaving in 1 hour...

I quickly got out of bed and went to the shower... After showering, I saw my Artharis uniform all laid down on my bed.... black pants, a white long sleeve polo with the Artharis seal on the side, and a dark blue coat with my name embroidered on it...

This is it. I'm offficially an Artharian. 

 

After a few minutes, I went down with my luggage... had breakfast... by 5:45am, I was already saying goodbye to my mom...

"I'm going to miss you!" mom said as she was hugging me tightly

"I'll miss you too mom, no one is going to nag me anymore" i joked.

"Remember to give us a call every week ok?" 

"Sure mom." I answered.

"I'll see you soon"

"See you soon" I smiled. 

 

The drive from our house to the train station took about 20 minutes. It's actually my first time seeing the train station cause I have never left our village before. The only times I leave our village is when I go out to the forests to play.

My dad went to the ticketing booth to purchase some tickets. He is probably familiar with this place cause he had been to the city before. He works as a director in the local council of our village so he frequently gets called to the city for "meetings". 

After a few minutes, my dad returned with the tickets as well as some drinks. The train will arrive in 20 minutes so we decided to just stand near the platform so that we can board the train first. 

 

"Director Kim, what are you doing here?" the guy then walked towards my dad. I assume he is from the local council as well cause he is wearing the same uniform as my dad.

"Oh, how are you Mr. Lee?" my dad replied. He suddenly had this serious look to him.

"I'm good. so what are you doing here? being called by the national council?"

"Not really. But I do have some official business to do in the city" my dad replied.

"Good" then the guy's eye shifted towards me "Is this your son Director Kim?"

My dad changed his facial expression from serious to somewhat annoyed. "Oh yah, Mr. Lee, this is my son, Luhan"

The guy looked at me as if he's waiting for me to introduce myself. "I'm Luhan Kim, nice to meet you Mr. Lee"

The guy smiled. "So I believe your son is finally going to Artharis"

"Yes. He got the acceptance letter a month ago and we agreed to send him there"

"Good. The council has been waiting for this Director Kim" Mr. Lee replied. My dad looks really annoyed now.

"Nice seeing you Mr. Lee. Hope you have a good day today" my dad was trying to end the conversation.

"Nice seeing you too Director Kim... and nice meeting you Luhan.. I hope that you enjoy Artharis..." Mr. Lee answered with a smirk in his face. Then, he bowed and left.

 

After a few more minutes, the train arrived. Me and my dad were one of the first people to board the train so we found a good seat near the train balcony.

A few more minutes and the train started to leave the station. As it move, my heart starts to beat faster... This is it, I'm going to Artharis and the only thing I know is that I'm scared...