Great day

Throw hearts

It was a great day with Woohyun-sshi. Firstly, our tutor was very satisfied with our project and had given us an A for that – well obviously, after weeks of torturous researching and burning the midnight oil to meet the deadline – it had finally ended. We were glad that it had lessen our burden and we would be able to concentrate on the final year exam which is a few months away.

 

Secondly, we were given a one week break before returning to school to prepare for the final year exam – which all students dread. Therefore, I had promised myself that I’ll enjoy this holiday to the fullest before returning back to school to work my off.

 

This holiday is different. I used to hate holidays as I would be spending it alone – the worst – seeing families having dinner and enjoying everyone’s company at the tables beside me. It wasn’t something I could avoid. Their laughter were the ones that I hated the most – because that was something I couldn’t feel at that point of time.

I kept pondering, why would someone be so happy and carefree in such a competitive country like this?

 

This time, I’m glad that I will not spending this break alone like how I used to previously.

 

“Hey… Um, Well… w-will you want to go out with me during the holidays?” Woohyun muttered while ruffling his hair sheepishly.

 

Clearly, he had never ask a girl out before. He kept his head down all the while, but I could see that his cheeks had turned to an immediate shade of red. I’ve never seen this side of him before – so shy and unconfident, he is always confident and loud.

 

“Um… I -” before I could continue, he interrupted me with his sudden burst.

 

 

“YOU DON’T HAVE TO ACCEPT! YOU CAN SAY NO! I’M PERFECTLY FINE WITH THAT!”

 

He was so shy and even his ears were red now.

 

I giggled at his reply. He reacted by looking up, tilting his head and wiggling his eyebrows at me – totally confused at the situation now.

 

 

“Alright alright, I’ll go out with you, stop giving me that look!”

 

 

As if he had struck a lottery or his favourite football team had won a game, he cheered loudly with both of his hands punching up the air. Students and tutors looked at him with a weird look on their faces while some female students were whispering to each other and giggling. I knew what they were talking about – his features and his look.

 

I had to admit that he is pretty good-looking – actually it is beyond that. Those eye smiles aren’t just eye smiles; beneath that are concern, happiness and joy. The smile of his aren’t just to show off his pearly white teeth, they are there to cheer people up – to cheer me up.

 

I’m totally excited about what it is to happen during this one week break.