First meeting

Throw hearts

I silently cursed under my breath when my classmates were shuffling around finding their project group mates for this semester.

 

“Can’t I do this alone?” I hissed.

“Nope you can’t, and I’ll be your project mate for this semester.” He grinned, showing off his beautiful set of teeth and his eyesmile.

 “I’m Woohyun.” He introduced himself as he pulled out his hands for a handshake.

I slapped his hands off.

“Ji Eun.” I said flatly.

 

-

 

It was when I began working with him.

 

He would be the creative one giving all sorts of ideas, ranging from weird to funny to serious ones – while me? I would be the serious and strict one eliminating his ideas and choosing the best idea for the project.

I would sometimes raged at him for messing around – Firstly, I was stressing out by the amount of work that had to be completed before the submission deadline. Secondly, I had no interest of his jokes.

He tried encouraging me to relax myself and stop giving myself so much stress. I nodded slightly, hoping he would take the hint to stop talking to me and get back to work.

 

To be honest, I did not consider that suggestion at all.

I must not relax myself, I was so afraid that those memories would come flowing back again. I was so afraid that I could not be strong. I was so afraid I would break down once again.

 

I was so afraid to feel attached.