Chapter 9

Love in Blindness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yuri, get the technical guy in.” Taeyeon hung up the phone. She glanced over to her monitor one last time before she diverted her attention back to the pile of paperwork on her desk.

THE END IS NEAR.

A knock on the door before Yuri came in with a lad, a young looking one, probably even younger than she is.

“Did we change the technical guy?” Taeyeon asked, half curious of how such young man became the cyber security engineer of Genius Inc. The rounds of interviews wasn’t set out to be the easiest path for jobseekers to get through to Genius Inc., given its expertise and reputation in the gaming and IT industry.

“Yeah. John migrated to the US, remember? Jisoo took over the position weeks ago.” Yuri answered as she walked towards Taeyeon’s desk. She leaned over, with the intention of taking a peek at the monitor, only to be pushed away by a finger and a disgruntled face.

“Keep that non-existent cleavage to yourself.”

“Oh please, people have to queue up just to have a look at these babies.” Yuri’s hands went below those assets, giving it a firm lift. Taeyeon faked a vomiting fit, only to earn herself shots of glares which would have been deadly if only they were bullets. Both of them seemed to have forgotten the presence of the third person in the room until a faint cough was caught from the corner of the room.

“So, another hacker?

Taeyeon nodded. “Amateurs.”

“But this is not the first time.” Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, clearly displeased at how nonchalant Taeyeon was acting towards an issue like this. She beckoned to Jisoo, motioning him to have a look at the computer. “I doubt this will be the last.”

“Right.” Taeyeon shifted away to give the engineer some space which he tries to restore the desktop. She plopped down onto the couch at the other end of the room. “What have you found?”

Yuri frowned. “What do you mean?”

“The hackers.”

“If I haven’t recall wrongly, the last time this happened, you told me not to bother about it.” Taeyeon could totally sense Yuri’s frustration in her tone right now.

“And when was the last time you were this obedient?” Taeyeon continued teasing, plainly disregarding how serious the atmosphere was turning.

What else could Yuri do? She could only roll her eyes in response to the ever-so-chill Taeyeon. “You’re the boss. Your say.”

Taeyeon shrugged, plastering a smug look as an indication of her victory.

“Ms Kim,” Jisoo interjected politely. “I may need some time with this. Do y’all want to grab a coffee somewhere before I’m done?”

“Yuri?” Taeyeon tilted her head towards the door. “Fancy a coffee with your boss?” She smirked.

Yuri groaned. “Your say, boss.”

*****

“Why do you think those threats keep on appearing?” Yuri asked. She held up her cup again, slowly savouring the warm cup of drink in her hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter