Chapter 7

Love in Blindness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her arms were numbed. She couldn’t move. Not when Tiffany is still sound asleep on top of it. Taeyeon had been lying in the same position for the past hour. She couldn’t even turn against her back, afraid that the slightest movement could wake the girl up.

She looked over her shoulders at the alarm clock, hoping minutes by minutes to let the time past, waiting for the moment it starts to sound. But then again, it’s not like she dislikes the idea of Tiffany sleeping by her side. In fact, she kind of enjoy the company.

Tiffany stirred a little, turning towards Taeyeon, face just inches away. Taeyeon swallows hard, trying to regulate her breathing that got hard and fast unknowingly. She could feel Tiffany’s breath in her face. The calm and controlled breaths were so different as compared to Taeyeon’s, complete opposites. Her eyes shifted down, from her eyes to her lips. Unconsciously, she wet her lips.

No, Kim Taeyeon. Control your hormones.

She failed. Her body failed to comply to her thoughts. Hearts pounding, sweat dripping, Taeyeon slowly inched forward, closer and closer to the spot she had been craving for.

Just… once…

RINNGG.

Tiffany stirred up, not from the alarm, but from the sudden movement that shook the bed followed by a loud thud coming from the side of the bed.

“Tae…yeon?” Tiffany noticed the empty space beside her.

“Y-yes!” Taeyeon jolted up from the ground.

“You were sleeping on the floor?”

“Y-yeah. Because.you.were.sleeping.on.the.bed.” At that moment, her brain failed her.

“Oh…” Tiffany waited a few beats before adding “I’m sorry.”

“N-no! Don’t get me wrong!” Taeyeon was trying to salvage her lie. Her voice started to fade but still audible. “I fell off…”

The mere seconds of silence was deafening. Taeyeon could literally count the seconds that left her with a whirl of thoughts.

Her thoughts were quickly filled with laughter that sounds like melody to her ears, quickly silencing her noisy head. Taeyeon’s laughter soon followed, as if they were harmonising with each other.

“Taeyeon…” Tiffany wiped off the tears from laughing too hard. “I’m still sorry for coming in so abruptly...”

“I don’t mind” The words came out a little too quickly. “I mean… this is your house too. You can sleep wherever you want.” Taeyeon turned away, feeling a little warm all of a sudden.

“Y’know…” Tiffany sat up from the bed and continued. “I’m glad that you are the one I’m going to marry.” Taeyeon could hear her heart thumping out loud. “Before I met you, I’ve always wondered who you might be, what kind of person you are, whether you will accept my flaws.” By flaws, Taeyeon knew she meant her blindness. She slowly sat back down beside Tiffany, attentively listening.

“On the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter