Chapter 4

Love in Blindness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey…” Taeyeon face was scrunched up, unsure of what to say. “Your nose…”

“What’s with my-“ Tiffany touched her nose, but was unfathomed by the thick liquid at her fingertips. “Ah… It’s bleeding.”

Taeyeon squinted at Tiffany. Her reaction was amusing. She naturally presumed Tiffany to be a girly-girl. She was expecting screams and complaints from the latter. It seems like she was wrong.

Taeyeon took the tissue box that was lying on the living room’s table and passed it to Tiffany. Merely watching her at the side wiping the blood off her nose was interesting enough. Was it because being with a blind was something fresh to her? Or was it because of Tiffany?

Blood smeared off Tiffany’s face. It was awkward, looking at the trail of blood stains. Taeyeon could have told her where to wipe. She could have even left it as it is. But she decided to do otherwise.

She took pieces of tissue out of the box and knelt in front of Tiffany. She tugged Tiffany’s hands that was still wiping the blood away. Tiffany flinched at the contact. “Don’t move.” The two words said in a gentle tone was all that’s needed to calm her down. Taeyeon placed her fingers under her chin and started wiping that smeared blood off her face.

As dry as the blood could get, it took her mere seconds to get it cleaned. Only then did Taeyeon realized the closeness between Tiffany and her. It didn’t stop Taeyeon from leaning in, closer, keeping only an inch away. She was unconsciously drawn in, by Tiffany’s features.

Her eyes, they were bright, unusually bright. It looked as if they could speak. No one could tell if she was visually impaired.

A light cough from Tiffany caused Taeyeon to pull back, nervously. She was unsure why, but her head felt like bees were buzzing around it.

“Sorry.” Taeyeon said in a small voice. “There were some stains…”

“Ahh…” Tiffany nodded. She smiled, probably as her way of thanking Taeyeon. But that smile made Taeyeon realize how her blindness wasn’t a least bit crippling Tiffany of her beauty. Her eyes, shaped like a crescent moon, could each tell a story of its own.

***

It took Taeyeon some time to place all the luggage to where it should be. She wasn’t intending to help Tiffany, initially. It wasn’t in her nature to do such things, to tire herself just as the sun shone. She was already perspiring, gross and sticky.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter