Chapter 12

Love in Blindness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The puzzle wasn’t complete. A piece was missing. The dots didn’t join up. What was it? What didn’t join up? What was missing?

For a good few hours, Taeyeon sat at the same place, the same spot where Tiffany slapped her, the same spot where Tiffany left her.

What did she mean?

Wasn’t Tiffany the culprit; the cracker who attempted to destroy Genius Inc.? If it was for revenge, why didn’t she admit to what she did after she was caught? Why did she still remain in the house after achieving her motive?

Why?

None of these could be answered. None of it makes any sense. Unless…

Unless she wasn’t the one…

*****

She sprinted, as fast as her heart raced. At that moment, the stairs felt like the longest flight she had ever taken.

She stood in front of the room, chest heaved rapidly with heavy panting. Tiffany didn’t take that with her. All the answers could be in it.

A twist on the knob and the door gave way. Taeyeon walked and walked, taking slow and careful steps towards the desk. The room was undeniably clean, worlds apart as compared to hers. The sheets were neatly made, floors cleaned of dirty clothing, curtains drawn in. The room was dark. It made Taeyeon wonder if the lights were ever used in the room.

Amidst of her thoughts, something caught her eyes. The object that had brought her up here in the first place, the device that could solve all the mystery.

She pulled the chair back and took a seat. Right in front of her was the laptop she saw last night, the exact laptop that threw her feelings into a whirlpool.

She lifted her hand, slowly brushing through the other platform. The touch on the raised dots was intriguing. The patterns, the combinations, they felt different. An able-bodied person will never understand what this feels like. But she felt fuzzy inside. With both hands on the braille keyboard, her fingers brushed against each of the individual keys. The feeling threw her off, emotionally.

For unknown reasons, she could feel her chest tightening, her heart squeezing.

This is what it feels like to be her.

She shook her thoughts away and brought her focus back onto the laptop. A swift but careful flick brought the screen upright, to an angle Taeyeon wanted. It didn’t take long for a push on a few buttons to bring the laptop to the home screen.

The laptop was hibernated. It wasn’t shut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter