Chapter 2

Love in Blindness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence engulfed the room. Second by second passed. Taeyeon wished someone would speak up, telling her that this is all a joke. She looked towards the girl named Tiffany. Will she stand up for herself like how Taeyeon wanted? She shifted her gaze towards her mum. Will she be able to rely on her mum once more? Her mum could only return her a comforting smile. Finally, Taeyeon could no longer stand the silence.

 

"Father, I don't think th-" Mr Kim interrupted Taeyeon before she could even finished her sentence.

 

"Taeyeon. You do know that this is not up to you to decide." Mr Kim demanded. As the figure head of the house, Mr Kim certainly acts like one. Before Mr Kim passed down the company to Taeyeon, he was well known as a ruthless businessman. Now that he has retired, he still hasn't drop his stern side.

 

At this point, Taeyeon can no longer contain her anger. She had always put up a mask in front of her Father. She always wanted to be the strong, tough, and diligent Daughter that her Father wants her to be. She did had all that everyone wants; money, beauty and intelligence. But all she wanted was more freedom, more love.

 

She turned to the girl sitting across her. That girl seemed so calm.

 

"Are you just going to sit there and do nothing about this? You don't even know me and you want to get married with me!" Taeyeon was fuming. But the slight nod from the latter made her rage even more.

 

"Hey. Look at me when I'm talking to you. Look at-" Taeyeon was cut off by her mum's glare. Taeyeon felt lost. The only support she could rely on is turning against her as well.

 

"Taeyeon." Mrs Kim's stern voice echoed across the room. Mrs Kim has always been a warm Mother towards Taeyeon. She knew the lack of love from Taeyeon's Father has certainly affected Taeyeon, and she made up for it by showing a more loving side towards Taeyeon. But this time, no one expected Mrs Kim to show this side of her, especially to the Daughter she pampers so much.

 

"Mind your manners in front of our guest." Her stern side remains, until she sees the heartbroken look on her daughter's face. She knew Taeyeon wasn't expecting her Mother to be like this, not towards her. Mrs Kim's tone softens a little.

 

"Tiffany is a good girl. She has lost her sight a year ago due to some tragedy. We want to take care of her." She paused for a moment, taking time to phrase her sentence before she continued. "Your Father and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter