That Fated Day

Miracle

Hey, haven't you've been sleeping for a little bit too long? I mentally spoke to you as i carress you sof, brown hair.

"Do you remember how e promised to go to our favorite restaurant?"

"...."

"Do you reember how you made me wait?"

"...."

"Do you know what happened?"

"...."

"I don't. So you should tell me sometimes. So please , I really wanna see your goofy and stupid smile again. At least once. Please, please wake up, Joon."

 

***

 

I was reading a book, when you suddenly burst into my room.

"Why? You totally surprised me, Joon." I said as I held my chest. Trying to get my breath back.

"Hyung, let's eat atour favorite restaurant tonight? Let's repair our relationship. It's killing me to not talk to you." You said trying to be as cheerful as always.

"Hyung, you'll come, right?"

"Ah, sure, of course I'll come, Joon." I said as I covince myself that repairing a relationship is a good thing. Theres absolutely nothing to lose. A few hours before the appointment, I started thining to myself whether to wear a nice casual clother or a cool formal wear. I wondered abput it for about half an hour and finally decided to use a semi-formalwear.

As I arrived at the restaurant, I asked the waitress and she said that you haven't come but the reservation had been made. I was guied to our reserved seat and the waitress asked me to wait. I waited for a few hours but you haven't come. I was getting tired of waiting when suddenly I gota phone call.

"Yeobosaeyo?"

"Excuse me, are you Mr. Yang Seung Ho?"

"Uhm, yeah, and who is this if I may ask?"

"We're from the S hospital. I'm afraid we have a bad news for you." Upon hearing that, I gulped hard. I'm sure this has something to dowith my members, cause everyone of them wrote me as their emergency contact.

"W-what is it?"

"You were the emergency contact of Mr. Lee Chang Sun. And he'sin hospital now." I feel my body goes numb and my head went blank. No way, Joonie?

"Why?"

"He was hit by a car. He's in a critical condition."

"I-I'l come as soon as I can."  As I hung up, I felt my whole face burnig and tears started to cover my eyes. Everything seemed blurry. But I kept running and tried my best to reach the hospital quickly.

As I reached the hospital, I immediately ru  to the emergency room. But a nurse stopped me.

"May I know your name?"

"Seung Ho! Yang Seung Ho!" I ansered hastily.

"You must be here to see Mr. Lee Chang Sun?"

"Please let me know what happened, how's he, and he will be okay."

"I don't know anything yet." Suddenly, she show me a box, it had some spec of blood on it. It was a bit damaged but overall it was in a pretty good condition.

"Uhm, what's this?"

"Right before Mr. Lee Chang Sun was operated, he pursued to give this box to you. He said: 'pease open this immediately'." So I did so and open the box.

"I'm gonna leave you for now." The nurse said. I didn't responded. I was too absorbed into this box. When I saw what's in it, I feel my feet turns into jelly. It was the gadget that I said I wanted when he asked me while I was sick. When I lift the gadget, I saw a letter on the bottom.

 

Hyung, I'm sorry about what happened.

I really thought you liked me that way too.

I promise this ould never happen again.

Plese don't hate me.

P.S. this is the gadget you want.

If you want to accept this gadget,

you have to forgive me!

 

I reallyfelt like tearing up when suddenly, the doo burst open.

"Doctor, how is he?" I asked, the dctor looked at me, it was a small silence, but it felt like an eternity.

"..... He's in a really bad state."

"He needs a miracle to wake up."