Sëcundus

Vampire Twins
Sëcundus
II
Sëcundus
II
Sëcundus
II
Can you hear it? The agony in their screams.

The hooded, crossbow wielding hunters huddled around her like a football team at the start of a football game. They gave the sleeping Xinling a cautious poke and exchanged looks. "It's a girl. What are the vampires doing, sneaking around in a library with a girl?"

 

"Maybe she's their food and they like eating in the library?"

 

"Or maybe the vampires have this seriously bizarre for girls dress in the lolita fashion...?"

 

"Naoki, how did you manage to pull her away from the vampires?" They all looked at the shortest hooded figure presumably called Naoki.

 

"I don't know. She was just there... near me on the floor and then..."

 

"And then..?"

 

"And then I just grabbed her and ran."

 

"Oh..." The other hunters' bodies deflated in disappointment. They thought something beyond awesome happened like little Naoki turning into a kick- machine.

 

"Anyway... she looks human enough. We should take her back to headquarters and have her thoroughly checked."

 

"Good idea." He glanced down at the girl again and blushed. "Look how well she sleeps. She probably went through hell with those vamps."

 

"Yeah." The others agreed with hilariously vigorous nods.

 

"Do you think she'll let me try on her dress when she wakes up? I always wanted a cute dress like hers... except with more frills and some dark blue lace on the bottom and the sleeves need to be a little puu-" One of the taller hunters clamped his hand over the boy's mouth before he could finish his short list of dream dress alterations... okay, okay, maybe a long list...

 

"Aish, stop ruining the mood with your crossdressing talk... PLEASE. Now who's going to carry her?"

 

"Me!" They all shouted at once.

 

"I'll carry her because I'm the smallest." Naoki offered.

 

"What? Does that even make sense?"

 

"Who cares? Let's go!"

 

Junki finished up mopping the last of them, the hunters who stayed behind, that is, with his hands. He was very good with his hands... in many areas and not just disemboweling bodies. He sat down now, on a warm, squishy dead body, with his arms resting over his bent knees.

 

"Junki..." Jaejoong sounded a little sick.

 

"What?"

 

"Can you please not sit on them? The sound they make when their guts move around is utterly revolting."

 

"Uh, no, I will not comply to you stupid wishes, thanks. This beats sitting on the floor. They're very cushy in this first stage." Junki bounced a bit and the bloody neck let out a horrible wheezing noise. Jaejoong almost vomited at the oozy sound. Junki smirked and began cleaning himself with his tongue. He looked like a really skinny black cat when he does it. "Where did you hide her? Bring her out and let's get going."

 

"Umm... about that..." Jaejoong began as his finger scratched his cheek. He didn't really know how to explain the situation to his brother. Knowing Junki, he'd most likely explode and then terrorize the whole city.

 

"Did you find anything about elder vampires or how to find a lost soul?"

 

"No, I was too busy dancing around with Xinling."

 

"What?! While I was working my off, you were dancing?"

 

"But you always said I should stop reading so much and start exercising more so I took your advice."

 

Junki facepalmed. He was so not entertained. "Please know when to do things and when not to do things. Now go get her. They're on to us so we should keep moving."

 

"Xinling, she... well... you see... the thing is... about that..."

 

"You lost her."

 

"Yes... no... yes... no... no, not really. I wouldn't say I lost her since she was right under my left arm and I didn't feel her move from underneath it and-"

 

"So she's not here?" Junki's hand was already clenched around Jaejoong's throat.

 

"Please calm down... beating me up will not solve this mystery."

 

"But it'll sure make me feel better." Junki punched Jaejoong right in the eye with such a force that he heard his brother's neck snap. "Ugh, I'm really in a foul mood. What... Even this isn't making me feel any better."

 

"What? Did I get a black eye? I can't feel the pain, you know."

 

"No black eye."

 

"Ah, that's one of the things I like about being a vampire... can't get a black eye. It heals hella fast."

 

"Hella right." Junki retracted his hand from Jaejoong's perfectly formed neck. No bruises. So cool.

 

"Don't worry, Junki. We'll solve this case. I'll be Sherlock and you can be Watson. We will scour the streets of London or whatever this city is called and search for hidden clues."

 

"She's not awake... is she..."

 

"If she did, forcefully, we'd see a huge crater and lots of smoke and fire and broken buildings and wailing and screaming and the burnt smell of overcooked bodies will rise up to our heads."

 

"You're right. And that's a good thing." Junki picked up a severed head and smashed the skull in with the bottom half of his palm. He would probably do very well in the cracking coconuts business.

 

"What are you doing?" Jaejoong made a face. He didn't like the sound of cracking skulls.

 

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm going to eat this guys brains."

 

"But why? You don't even like eating it. Oh no, don't tell me you turned into a vampirezombieghost."

 

"What the is that? Does it even exist?" Junki's face was now dripping with brains. He had stuffed half a lobe into his mouth.

 

"I don't know. But seriously, what are you doing? It's disgusting."

 

"The hunters might have taken her." He chewed. "So maybe if I eat this guy's brains, I could somehow inherit his memories and remember where they meet up and stuff."

 

"Oh right. We saw that at the movies with Xinling. What was the title of that zombie flick?"

 

"Warm Bodies starring that guy who played Beast in X-Men: First Class." Junki munched and swallowed. "This brain is rather dry. I thought it'd be juicier." Junki spotted Jaejoong nitpicking at the headless hunter's clothes.

 

"They're dead."

 

"I'm looking for clues."

 

"Right, like a detective." Junki rolled his eyes.

 

"Ah, found it." Jaejoong raised up a small looking gadget thing. It was blinking. 

 

"What the is that?"

 

"I think we've seen it in a sci-fi action movie. It's probably a tracking device?" Jaejoong flipped it over and stared at the screen. "This stationary dot here might be their meeting place. Well, it might not be but it's still worth a try."

 

"All right. Once we get her back, we're getting the hell out of this place. No one ing likes us here."

 

"Even though we're quite friendly and sociable... It's all very sad. I want more friends."

 

"I doubt you'll be making any here. Let's go."

Vampire Twins is a sister story to Wayward Lover and the two tales will eventually intersect. The twins are inspired by Subaru&Kamui.