Sëxtus

Vampire Twins
Sëxtus
VI
Sëxtus
VI
Sëxtus
VI
We can... for we are the wretched lost souls.

Jaejoong pulled the black coat tightly around Xinling's body and fastened the ties from top to bottom. "I don't understand, Junki... Do you?"

 

Xinling blinked.

 

"Why does he want you to have a soul so badly? What good is a soul? It's just another nasty complication."

 

Staring at him with her round doll eyes, Xinling seemed to be listening... or maybe not.

 

"Well I like you just the way you are. Simply soul-less."

 

Xinling blinked again. She seemed to agree on a certain level... or maybe not.

 

"I mean... if you have a soul, you'll know just how despicable a fellow I am and then you'll leave me. I can't risk having that happen, Xinling. We'll play together and die together. That's how things ought to be."

 

"We'll play together and die together. That's how things ought to be." Xinling repeated after him.

 

"Exactly! It doesn't sound bad at all. When will Junki think like we do?"

 

Uhh... never.

 

A sudden gust of wind blew across the rooftop, marking the creature's imminent arrival. Junki could smell the pungent odor of wet dog mixed with cat piss in the air. The temperature dropped and so did the hairy beast from the clouds' moist lining.

 

Junki froze. He couldn't move... not because of some squeamish terror induced paralysis... he literally couldn't move, with legs fixed to the spot and arms bound to his side. Soon, the thought dawned on him. He wasn't dealing with a low level city wolf. No, sir. It was definitely more hideous than your average city wolf.

 

The wet rug looking thing regarded him with its bulging eyes as it hung in the air like a corpse. The thin skeletal arms and legs were covered in a carpet of soggy fur. The half exposed ribs threatened to burst through the hair infested skin. Junki imagined it would've been exactly what their grandma would've look like... if she was still hanging around above ground. The very idea of it compelled him to speak up.

 

"Grams... is that you?" Thank goodness his mouth wasn't frozen.

 

A strange growl escaped the vertical slit which was supposedly the creature's mouth. 

 

Hmm, was he mistaken? "I guess that's a no."

 

Dark saliva dribbled out of the long slit as the wet rug spoke. "My master has sent me to inform you that your time is running out."

 

Junki continued staring at the place where he thought the face was. He kind of didn't except words to come out of the thing. No sir. Not after that growl. "So... it's really you, Grams. How'd you get out? Your grave wasn't that shallow, was it?"

 

"You little brat... absolutely no respect for your elders. You thought I wouldn't resurface after being buried in that sorry excuse for a hole?"

 

"Don't blame me. It was the handiwork of your other grandson."

 

"Who? Tom?"

 

"No... Jaejoong." Junki scrunched up his eyes. "Grams... do you even know who you're talking to right now?"

 

"Oh. I was remembering the wrong side of the family tree." A loud wet wheeze discharged from the slit. "That's what I get for marrying five times."

 

"You look terrible, Grams." It was true... although she didn't look too hot when un-undead either.

 

"Yes." The thing that was his grandmother nodded. "I feel terrible."

 

"Who woke you up?"

 

"My master. Who else? Which brings me back to the reason why I'm here. Death is after you, darlings."

 

"Maybe tell us something we don't already know."

 

"Death is not the only one after you."

 

"We know that too. There's these annoying cross-dressing hunters... but nothing we can't handle."

 

"Oh, those losers still exist? I thought they'd gone extinct by now."

 

"Who else is after us, Grams? The Anti-vampirism Groupie?"

 

"Jaejoong, you are sounding more and more like your brother. There is no such thing as the Anti-vampirism Groupie."

 

"For 's sake, Grams... I'm Junki."

 

"Yes, dear. Yes you are. Now, do you remember the doll I gave you boys?"

 

"We already know that, Grams... find the soul, find the maker."

 

"Before everyone, including Death, catches you. It is very important but all you boys do is play!" Their grandmother, who was part human, part vampire, part werewolf, and part bigfoot, howled.

 

"We don't have much information to work with. You sent us out on a wild goose chase."

 

"I came back to make amends. You are allowed to ask me one question and my master will respond with the best answer."

 

"You're not kidding, right? God... finally..."

 

"Should we go with blackish slate or plumbeous black for Xinling's new parasol?" Jaejoong's head popped out unexpectedly from the open glass window.

 

"Hmm... the master says plumbeous black, dear. Blackish slate is so last year."

 

"Thanks, Grams!" Jaejoong's head slipped back in.

 

...

 

What was Junki feeling at the moment? Just imagine the fury of a thousand suns rising... times ten. Seriously. They could've asked Grams anything... anything at all... like how to cheat Death or how to locate that damn soul. But no... no, no, no. Jaejoong had to pop his head in at just the right moment to ask his useless, stupid question. Why? Whyyyyy?!?!

 

"Well, since I've passed along the message... you three be good now. Ta-ta." Grandma Wet Rug zipped right back to where ever she came from. The temperature rose slightly in her absence and Junki was free to move his limbs around. Limbs that wanted nothing more than to tear his brother to pieces.

 

Which? Tom? ... No... Jaejoong!

Vampire Twins is a sister story to Wayward Lover and the two tales will eventually intersect. The twins are inspired by Subaru&Kamui.