Quintus

Vampire Twins
Quintus
V
Quintus
V
Quintus
V
Can you smell it?
The pathetic stench of their meaningless existence.

Xinling purred as she nuzzled in her personal nook located between Jaejoong's chest and left arm. She was as docile as a puppy and as cute as a kitten. He loved kittens so very much. Jaejoong extended his nails as he combed through her messy hair with his fingers.

 

They were all back up on top of that gothic looking library again with the stone gargoyles and metal filigrees. Forsaken by life, a thick black void formed to separate Xinling and Jaejoong from Junki. Yes, Junki wasn't in the finest of moods... but really, when was he ever in a good mood?

 

"You could've given me a hand with her back there." His low voice imitated a beast's growl.

 

"Why? You handled her perfectly well without me. Besides, it wouldn't be fair to Xinling if we teamed up on her. Two against one... I may not be as bright as you but I can still count... not to mention she's a girl."

 

"She could rip your head off if she wanted to."

 

"Oh lucky me. We're friends." Jaejoong was missing the point but whatever.

 

"Friends? She looks more like your little pet from here." He observed them through -narrow eyes.

 

Jaejoong covered Xinling's ears in a very protective way. "Junki. You'll hurt her feelings."

 

"As if she has any." he retorted.

 

"You never know. What if her soul magically drifts back into her body, then what? You'll hurt her feelings and she'll run away crying and wrecking havoc and you'll be the one who has to do more work around here."

 

"If that were to happen... it should have happened 300 years ago." True. It would have saved them a lot of time and trouble.

 

"Eh... so what if her soul is lagging behind a bit but enough about that. Let's get back to the important thing."

 

Junki perked his ears to listen. What he wanted to hear was: their mission, other vampires, Death, and about how to get to the correct world. Well, you know, the stuff that was really important. But no, his brother wouldn't give him that pleasure. He rarely did which shouldn't have been much of a surprise.

 

"Xinling needs new clothes. Even if we managed to get her old clothes back, it's been tainted by a little cross-dressing Hunter. The clothes should be burned or fed to the pigs... ooo, I really like the latter. Pigs are disgusting. They'll eat anything."

 

Junki kind of saw it coming... like a tiny flickering light in the back of his head that he wished to extinguish... it was there... it definitely was. "We'll go down to the city tomorrow morning and I'll buy her some new clothes."

 

"Are you going to make me stand outside with Xinling again while you go into the boutique alone?"

 

"Yes."

 

"But why?"

 

"Remember the last time I let you shop for her clothes? It took nearly half a day."

 

"Would've been longer if you hadn't rushed me so many times."

 

"Exactly! We're not going to waste that kind of time on clothing a doll."

 

"Well... if you're going to get her the clothes, find something similar to her last outfit since you really don't have much of a taste in clothes." An evil aura started rising from Junki's blob of darkness. "Actually, can you get her something punk-industrial-ish? This month's Doll Magazine says the trend is out but I don't believe it and the style will look great on Xinling, don't you think? Oh but we can't forget about the parasol."

 

"If I have to listen to another word of your ramble, I'm going to... I'm going to..."

 

"You're going to..."

 

"I'm going to start a fight with Xinling just to let off some steam."

 

Jaejoong's jaw dropped. "You wouldn't... but that's so..." A howl interrupted him in mid-thought and he receded back in to the shadows casted by a gargoyle statue with Xinling still nuzzling.

 

"That isn't a dog, Junki." Jaejoong whispered to his brother who was still on the other side of the ledge.

 

"Fine... it's a city wolf."

 

"The kind that gnaws and tears and gnaws and tears!"

 

"That's good. I needed something to vent on." Junki flexed his long fingers. "Slip back inside the library with Xinling... and this time... try to put some effort into being productive... for once?"

 

"Effort in exercising or..."

 

"Searching and gathering useful information. No dancing, Jaejoong. I mean it."

 

"Xinling will be sad."

 

"No she won't. Now disappear before it comes."

 

Jaejoong was glad to oblige his older brother. He disliked werewolves ever since that time when he thought he was friends with one and then it tried to eat him. Jaejoong remembered it clearly even though it wasn't the most pleasant of memories. He was somewhat jealous of Xinling because they never tried to eat her. Whenever she made that cute clicking noise with her tongue, they ran away with their tails wedged between their legs. Hmm... he never gave it much thought as to why... hell,  he wasn't going to start now.

Vampire Twins is a sister story to Wayward Lover and the two tales will eventually intersect. The twins are inspired by Subaru&Kamui.