Chapter 9- where the story really starts

What meets the eye

Days passed in a blur as I struggled to cope with designing for INFINITE and keeping up with schoolwork. Restricting my eating and resting habits to a minimum, I managed to complete the latest set of stage outfits in a day before the deadline.

As I walked up to their dorm ro deliver the outfits, I felt a sudden pand in my stomach and my ability to focus diminshed. Barely reaching the top of the stairs, I leaned forward in an attempt to press the doorbell as waves of nausea threatened to overcome me.

The last thing I saw was the dead grey of the concrete stairs. I heard running footsteps and muffled voices before sinking into unconsciousness.

I opened my eyes to a worried looking Sung Jong. THe rest of INFINITE was here as well. I opened my mouth to speak but i found that I had difficulty breathing.

Where was L?

As if he could read my thoughts, Sung Jong said" Don't worry, I'll call L-" but he was cut short by the the sound of heavy footsteps and a series of light taptpas.

L burst into the room, panting heavily. His hair was in a mess. I could've broken down in tears of gratitued but the arrival of Candice, unannounced, turned those tears into ice. I would've made some snide remark if only I could access my voice. I winced slightly as pricks of pain shot through my leg -pins and needles I guess, from being unconscious for weho knows how long.

"Are you okay?," asked L, noticing my feeble attempts to sit up. He supported my back as I sat up and using what strength I coudl muster, I hit my leg hard to get rid of the pins and needles.

Everyone looked at me as if I was crazy. Seeing all of INFINITE in the room, I remembered about the outfits which I had brought.

" The outfits... I'm sorry..," I eked out.

But to my surprise, INFINITE smiled and said," These outfits are amazing! If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have received these on time!." They all cast glares in Sungjong's direction.

SungJong stared nonchantly back and proptested," But I was busy!."

"We've got a recoprding now so we'll come back later, okay?, asked Sung Jong as the other INFINITE members began to stand up and leave.

"OMIGOSH POOR KID< what do we do with you now?! ," screeched Candice. I had forgotten she was there. After all, she blended in with one of those wall hangings which was ornage. Did her fake tan go wrong? LOL

In the next few seconds, Sung Jong hads grabbed Candice and shut the door leaving me and L alone.

"We'll just take Candice home!-oomph leggo of me-HELP!".muffled voices quickly faded in to the faraway roar of a motor engine.

"Why is Candice here?," I asked, my voice slowly coming back.

L looked at me in surprise and shock. I could understand. Afterall, he thought we were really close friends. How could he pretend that nothing happened between them?