Calm before the storm

My love for you is infinite {discontinued}

Hyuna was taking out the key to open the apartment that she shared with Junhyung when her cell phone vibrated. She was surprised that it was Myungsoo who texted her. They just met like 15 minutes ago.

“I think we should stop meeting each other for some time.”

“What?” Her jaw dropped. She jumped down the stairs toward the grand door of the complex but the black car had already launched into the dark speedily, leaving a thin streak of smoke behind its back.

“Look at what I had done to us!” She crumbled down on her knees and started to cry when she reread his words. It was just like “I don’t want us to be friends anymore.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing Myungsoo did when he got in his penthouse was taking out all the wine that his business partners gave him but since he wasn’t very fond of alcohol, he just took them politely and left there until they became all dusty. The warm and bitter liquor burned him inside on its way down to his stomach but he didn’t care. The more he drank, the blanker his head became. It helped, didn’t it? The bottle in his hand dropped down as Myungsoo passed out, his body balled up on the floor like a fetus, protecting himself from the freeze which didn't come from outside. Drinking, fainting, waking up, puking then drinking again. It was just like a circulation that kept reiterating in a week. Just come here, Hyuna, then I’ll forgive you. But she didn’t, neither did everyone else.

 In the unconsciousness, Myungsoo found himself lying peacefully on the soft grass and contemplated the beautiful blue sky, letting his entire body bask under the warm sunlight, the breeze fanned his face tenderly and the birds were hovering over the bobbing clouds. He breathed out, totally consented then turned his head to the girl beside him, who had the prettiest smile he had ever seen.

“I love you.” She spoke up, pouring her soothing voice into his longing ears.

“You said we were just friends.” Myungsoo replied coldly. He still couldn’t forget how she broke his heart badly.

“But I do love you.” She caressed his cheek gently.

“Really?” A flow of happiness rushed into him and the warmth in her eyes, her touch; he just wanted to roll over into her chest and let her fondle him like a little kitten.

“No.” Her smile faded, she looked so gloomy.

“Why?” Tears welled up in his big eyes.

“Because this is just a dream.” She kissed his forehead then stood up.

“Please don’t leave.” He implored, trying to grip onto her wrist. Then suddenly the soft grass, the sun, the birds,…everything tumbled into a heap of ashes. Myungsoo looked down at his hand, which was holding a pinch of sand.

“I’m sorry, but you need to wake up. NOW!” Her faint voice echoed from the lightless space.

With that, he opened his eyes, and a seemingly bucket of tears drenched his face. Without wiping away the salty liquid that blocked his vision, Myungsoo looked around his dark and smelly bedroom. He was sober, once again. The wine ran out and couldn’t help him escape from the reality anymore. He sneered, didn’t expect one day his life was all dependent on some liters of wine. “Yeah, it’s time to wake up.” He crawled out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. Myungsoo had been staring at the mirror for a good ten minutes and wished the women who had found him handsome, attractive, y, blah blah…before could come here and witness the frightening scene as he was now. Beard grew exuberantly on his neck and chin while its relative on his head stuck to the scalp greasily and drooped down over his eyebrows. Two massive dark eyes bags hung over under his glassy eyes, his cheek was sunken and his body, its stench was no joke. Kim Myungsoo was brought up by one of the richest families and yeah, he might be lovelorn but his pride definitely didn’t allow himself to look like some beggars living in subway that people threw to some bucks before walking away feeling so much superior. No, absolutely NO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Babe, what’s wrong?” Her shaky body awoke him in the middle of the night.

“Ani, go back to sleep, oppa.” She whispered, trying to hide the obvious cry.

“Okay then.” Junhyung yawned. Whatever, he didn’t really care. Hyuna had been bothering his ears for a whole freaking week about how that haughty flower little best friend of hers didn’t want to see her anymore and that was all because of her, ect…something more about her being a total b*tch but then Junhyung stopped listening and texted messages with whoever he hit on to randomly.

Upon hearing him snoring again, Hyuna let her tears roll back to the pillow. So many times she fought again the urge to just break into Myungsoo’s house then shook him, begged him to take her back. But no, Amber didn’t let her to. 

 “I swear that you’ll be so regretful if you do so. Both of us know how high Myungsoo’s self-esteem is and when he said he didn’t want to see you, just respect it and wait!” Amber placed her arm on Hyuna’s shoulder and stared at her sternly.

“But I miss him.” Her voice cracked up.

“Sshi, I know, be patient!” The boyish girl patted her back. The pain you are enduring now is nothing compared to what Myungsoo had been gone through to these years, Hyuna-ah. She sighed heavily. When will you realize that it’s him who can bring you happiness but not that a**hole?

...

“Come in.”

“Mom?” Myungsoo looked up at the old lady walking charmingly into his office, the surprise on his face was readable.

“Hello, my dear.” She flashed a smile then perked her cheek toward him, motioning for a peck. Myungsoo followed inertially then both of them sat down at the leather ottoman.

“I’m glad you’re here but mom, what is this?” His eyes darted to her, waiting. His mother, definitely didn’t just come here for a pure visit.  The other times she appeared behind this door with her expensive clothes and sweet smile were to set him on a date with the daughters of the tycoon friends of hers.

“I want you to meet this girl.” His mother said while drinking the cup of tea his secretary just brought in. He couldn’t help but scoff. Was he too smart or his mother who was becoming boringly predictable?

“I’m not in the mood for that, mom.” He rolled his eyes.

“It’s not your mood but I who takes the lead now, son.” She put the cup down to the table, deliberately making a small collision with the marble surface. “No more concession, Myungsoo-ah, this is an order.”

“I’m 25 years old, and I don’t think I have to follow your order anymore.” He crossed his arms and both of them were drawn into a staring battle. If someone barged in the room at that moment, they’d be frozen right here and there by the piercing yet fiery aura reeking out from those two.

“Fine!” She gave up first. “Our family is broke!”

“What?” Myungsoo choked out, too shocked to care that he looked so dumb with his eyes bulging out of their sockets.

“And with you getting married to this one could save us from being homeless.”

By seeing Myungsoo have no sign of recovering from the news, well she didn’t blame him either cuz that was exactly her reaction when Mr.Kim admitted this, she continued and rubbed his hand. “Myungsoo-ah, I know this is really hard for you to accept but…”

“Explain how you and my dad sold me!” He cut off her words, with a slight mocking tone.

Mrs.Kim swallowed an invisible lump in , if it was another day, she wouldn’t let him talk to her with that voice but now, she was literally begging him to save her from losing the luxury she had been living in for her whole life.

“I don’t know either. Somehow, the failure of your father hotel-chain project, which was supposed to be kept confidential, leaked out and the price of our coupon decreased vastly on the stock market, till now, they became worthless. But another somehow, JYP president’s assistant contacted and said that they would lend us money even if we couldn’t pay back, with one condition, you had to marry his daughter. This whole disaster happened last week and even though the offer was shockingly odd, we couldn’t do anything but…”

“But say yes? How great were you and my dad to decide on my freaking damn life!” Myungsoo banged the table, but the woman in front him didn’t even budge an eyelash. “Without my freaking damn agreement!!!” He yelled the last part.

“KIM MYUNGSOO, watch your mouth!” She hissed. There was a boundary and he was going too far away from it.  “You are marrying this one girl or else 10000 employees of this company are going to be jobless. And this isn’t an option.” She stood up, their eyes never left each other. “I gave miss Bae the address and time so just ask her.” Her tall and still well-built figure put shade over him, just like its owner, powerful and intimidating. He signed exasperatedly.  If there was one person Kim Myungsoo could never defeat, it was his mother. With mean, by the time being, he would be a married man, to absolutely not the one he wanted to. She kissed his cheek perfunctorily then sauntered toward the sindora door. “Make sure you won’t be absent from work in 7 days straight like that anymore, your father was very pissed. And don’t you think this is a great chance to get over her too?” With that, she went off.

Her words left him dumbfounded. Wow, his mother was a bit more unpredictable than he thought, wasn’t she? After spacing out for a few minutes, he left his body fall freely to the couch. His father loved SM too much, sometimes Myungsoo had the feeling that he actually love it more than his own son. It was gonna kill him to watch his 50 year achievement thaw into pieces like that. And that stupid marriage, what was the big deal anyway? If it wasn’t her then everyone was the same.

Myungsoo tried not to frown or show any sign of annoyance but it had been 45 minutes but his “wifey” hadn’t showed up yet. Women, did they know how precious the time was? He was looking at his watch once again when a female voice caught his attention.

“Can I sit here?” Why did it sound so familiar?

“Sorry, but I’m waiting for…” He lifted his head up but never be able to end his words.

“Me?” A mischievous grin hung up at the corners of her lips as their eyes met.

His mouth gaped but nothing became audible. She sat down at the opposite seat gracefully with her eyes still peering into that gorgeous man. Petrifying the almighty Kim Myungsoo amused her a lot.

“I miss you so much, Myungsoo-ah, do you miss me?” She crossed her long legs as she leaned again the stuffed chair and gave him a seductive smile. Myungsoo didn’t answer, kept staring at the face he hadn’t seen for year curiously but then everything became crystal clear in his head.

It made sense now.

JYP,

Park Jin Yong

Park Jiyeon.

So this marriage didn’t just pop out from nowhere.

“You know that I never have anything for you.” He said as a matter of fact.

“But I love you, and it’s enough for both of us.” Her smile was still there and it bothered him a lot. People didn’t smile when they were thrown cold water on their faces, right?

“Jiyeon-ssi, it had been 4 years, why haven’t you moved on yet?” Four years ago, she decided to leave to the States with her brother without saying a word, making Hyuna a little bit sad but at that time, the heart break Jinwoon gave her was so much more to care about.

“I still keep it.” Jiyeon ignored his grammatically-yes-but-definite-not question as she touched the necklace still shining brightly after a long time. “It helped me a lot when I was all alone in the strange land.” Myungsoo averted his eyes from her intense gaze, he felt pity for her. Yeah, if he ever had anything for Park Jiyeon, it’d be pitifulness. “It wasn’t for you in the first place.” He said dryly.

For the first time, the smile on her face had the sign of fading and being replaced by a…smirk? The ways her lips became lopsided connivingly startled him inside.

“But it isn’t matter anymore, since I will have you till death do us apart, this thing is discarded now.” Her sentence was finished by the plop of the necklace into the water glass on the table. Myungsoo gulped, a thing he had rarely done. The woman in front of him, who was wearing a black tight dress that accentuating her impeccable curve, along with the cherry red lipstick and heavy eyeliner; what did she do to the innocent puppy girl he used to know?

 

.

 

Flashback:

“I’m back.”

“What?” By the way the voice raised, she could tell its owner was astounding, and she smirked.

“I’m at the airport now, I want to see you.”

“Oh God, Jiyeon, why didn't you tell me earlier? I’m coming!” Shrieking.

“Hyuna, wait!” Jiyeon said.”Don’t tell Myungsoo that I’m here. I want to give him a surprise."

“Arasso!” Hyuna giggled then both of them hang up.

She threw her phone back inside the pocket and looked at the Seoul noontime sky then put her hand on her neck, feeling the cold metal against her warm skin. Four years ago, Myungsoo rejected her painfully and Jiyeon was too proud to face him again so she left with her brother, to forget that cruel man. But then, she realized that she loved him too much to give up that easily and now, she was back to the game, well-armed and ready to play dirty. “Wait for me, Yeobo!” The word made her throw her head backward and burst into a wicked and deadly laughter.

 


check it out, my delusional shippers, start from 5:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRsO5r0Pftw