Reminiscence

My love for you is infinite {discontinued}

 


“HE PROPOSED!” She shouted in the phone.

He felt like the world just shattered under his feet.

“…”

“Myungie, are you there?”

“Ah, yes. Congratulation, Hyunie! After all these years, your dream has come true.” He tried not to sound forced but it didn’t matter, she wouldn’t notice.

“I know right?” She giggled. “I still can’t believe I’m going to marry such a wonderful man like him. He took me to the Ritz restaurant. We went there a couple of times but today, he paid for them to give us the whole place. There were candles, roses and…”

“Neh, neh. It must be very romantic.” He said quietly.

“Sorry for wasting your time with too much details. It’s just…I’m so happy. Do you understand my feeling? Ok, I’ll stop right now. You must be really tired at this time. Bye and thank you, Myungie. I love you.”

With that, she hung up the phone.

“I…love you too.” He stared blankly at the receiver as it slipped out of his hand and felt to the floor. Myungsoo knew that this day would come, sooner or later. But it was just…he hadn’t prepared for it yet. The only girl he ever loved. She was going to leave him, very quickly. The marriage life would sweep her away. They would talk less and then there would be babies for her to care about. He clenched his first at the thought of her having kids with another man but not him. Myungsoo was desperately in love with his best friend, at the very first place. But God knew why he never had gut to let her know. Maybe because he was too afraid of being turned down, or worse, to lose their friendship-the beautiful thing he had cherished for his whole life. But before he could straight up his disordered mind with the decision of whether he should tell her or not, Hyuna had already been taken.

10 years ago:

Myungsoo was walking back and forth in his room, trying to figure out how to deal with the situation. He was panic with the weird feeling which was growing bigger every second inside of him. The whole thing occurred when some guys in his school started to ask him to introduce them to Hyuna, his childhood friend. He was okay with that at first, but soon after,  he felt annoying. The way she giggled and acted coy in front of them infuriated him. Hyuna never acted that way to him before. She always yelled at him or said rude thing to him. He knew that it was a part of being close friend to Kim Hyuna but he couldn’t help but feeling jealous. But he didn’t know or admit it.

Flashback:

Myungsoo glared at the couple who was making out next to him in the class. His blood was boiling inside.

“Hey, do you two know that this is public?”

*ignore*

“HEY, STOP KISSING HERE. IT’S DISGUSTING!” He screamed at the top of his lungs while kicking their desk. Both of them jumped out of the seat. The girl’s face was getting red. She fixed her dress before stepping closer to him.

“KIM MYUNGSOO, OUTSIDE!” She stormed out of the room.

The noise suddenly disappeared, all eyes on him.

“Aish.” He ruffled his hair, following her steps.

“What’s the freaking wrong with you?” She scowled at him.

“I don’t like seeing you do that in front of everybody. It’s an eyesore.” He folded his arms.

 “Just admit that you are jealous!” The raging Hyuna blurted out before walking away, not waiting for his reaction. She said that in wrath, although the idea never crossed her mind, not even once. You could call her idiot, for not knowing all the signals he gave her, Myungsoo himself was unaware of this either. Best friends took care of each other but not all the best friends waited for you every morning at 6 to walk to school or cleaned the class for you to sleep soundly or stayed late at night to jot down the note for your next exam and more important, getting mad when you smooched another boy…Or you might say “girls just want to see what they want to see”.

Getting back to Myungsoo, well, he was left alone in the hallway, dumbfounded. But a question had been running through his head countless times since she left.

“Am I jealous?”

He threw himself on the bed, sighing. The incident was happened like a week ago but he couldn’t get over it. He was so scared that there was a possibility of him to love her, which he didn’t want, AT ALL.

“Ottoke?” He rolled over the bed, wanting to smack someone or something.

“Myungsoo, can I come in?” His mother called after the door.

“Yes, mom.” He sat up.

“Sweetheart, what’s happening between you and Hyuna these days?” Mrs. Kim asked her son as soon as she entered his room.

It was cold war, mom. Because I embarrassed her in front of the whole class and thank to that, her boyfriend dumped her. As if he would answer his mother with that.

“We’re fine, mom.”

“Don’t lie to me, son. Look at it.” She pointed at his feet.

“Erh?” His big toe was curling up.

“Whenever you lie, it is always like that.” She chuckled. “Now, tell me, what is going on?”

“We…I…her…” He fidgeted his fingers.

“You two quarreled, didn’t you?” She sighed while patting his head. “Honey, rekindle with her. Seeing you so sad makes me sad, too.”

She left the room. He fell back on the pillow.

“Haiz, at least they broke up.” He shut his eyes, completely exhausted.