It hurts.

My love for you is infinite {discontinued}

She looked at her watch for the 5th since they came.

“Am I that boring?” Myungsoo pouted.

“A…anie, let buy some cotton candy.” She said then grab him with her.

“Why hasn’t she been here yet?” Hyuna pursed her lips. The two girls planned to accidentally meet up here…but as she looked around, Jiyeon was still unseen.

“Yah, Hyuna, Kim Hyuna!” He poked at her.

“Huh?” She turned her head back. Myungsoo was a bit annoyed that she wasn’t fully focused on their “date” but didn’t say anything. He handed her the cotton candy and Hyuna started eating hungrily, throwing Jiyeon to the side. He chuckled, nothing could bring her back to Earth faster than this. Myungsoo couldn’t help but peering into chewing with the lighning speed. Oh how much he wanted to snatch that thing out of her hand and placed his lips on her own to taste the sweetness from both of her lips and candy.

“Why are you staring at me like that? Don’t even think about stealing my candy!” She said bluntly.

“Psff.” He snorted and looked away. I can’t even…Why is she so obsessed with food?

 

“You’re such a baby!” Myungsoo said as he lowered his head next to her level and took the leftover at the corner of her lips after she finished, making her blush like crazy. He was brushing the thing off his hand when he felt her touching his cheek gently.

“Hyuna, what…are you doing?” He asked weakly.

Still in a trance, Hyuna didn’t say anything, just kept trailing off those sculpted features and let the velvety skin slid under her fingertips. Myungsoo unknowingly grabbed her hand and rested it on his face as he shut his eyes and breathed out, the feeling was overwhelming. He didn’t intend to say it out loud that soon but…

“Hyuna-ah, i…I love y…”

“HYUNA, MYUNGSOO!!!”

“What a coincidence!” Jiyeon chirped happily then ran to them. “What are you two doing here” She twirled her hair around her fingers and glanced at Myungsoo shyly, who for some reason looked like he was about to murder someone. , He cursed under his breath, there was no way Jiyeon could leave them alone anymore.

“Ah, I and he were just playing around. Why don’t you join in, right Myungie?” Hyuna stole a quick peek at him.

“Whatever.” He mumbled, pulling out his trademark poker face.

“Ahha.” Hyuna smiled awkwardly at Jiyeon, whose happy face had faded a bit because of his nonchalance.

“Ah, this is my older brother.” Jiyeon spun around and pointed at the good-looking guy sauntering toward them.

“Hi, I’m Jinwoon, nice to meet you. I really appreciate your help in making Jiyeon adapt to the new school." Jinwoon smiled brightly and shook Hyuna and Myungsoo’s hands.

“Aniya, Jiyeon is very nice and lovable, we’re glad to be her friends.” Hyuna smiled back, receiving a beam from the said girl.

“What’s with the atmosphere?” Hyuna shifted around as they were strolling silently. Meanwhile, Jiyeon felt a tinge of sadness that Myungsoo didn’t seem very enthusiastic with her presence, which he was supposed to feel, wasn’t that what Hyuna told her?...Maybe, he was just shy, she convinced herself.

“Why don’t we try the roller coaster?” Hyuna suggested, in attempt to stir thing up.

“Let’s go then.” Jinwoon, who was walking beside her, grinned, making Hyuna flustered. The Park siblings sure had a very good gene in making them look like supermodels. Myungsoo glared at them from behind as he felt a new coming threat. He’d better get rid of those two as soon as possible and carried on his agenda.

Since it was Sunday, the queue in wait to ride the roller looked like it never ended but the foursome still managed to keep it up until there were about 20 people left before them.

“I’m thirsty. I think I’ll go get a drink, does anyone want something?” Hyuna asked out of blue. Jiyeon and Myungsoo shook their heads.

“Let me go with you.” Jinwoon said as both of them stepped out of the line.

“No, i’m with her!” Myungsoo grabbed her hand but Hyuna shooed him away with her other arm.

“Nah, we’ll be back soon!” With that, she dragged the older boy out of sight in just a blink of an eyes before Myungsoo could give more protest. Hyuna knew that they ain’t gonna return any soon.

“Wanna some bubble tea, Emma?” He asked playfully. Hyuna blushed at the name and lowered her head.

“Don’t need to be shy around me. I’m an easy-going person.” He tousled her hair. “And thanks for doing this for my sister, you’re an awesome friend."

“You too, Jinwoon-ssi. I always wanted to have a brother who cares for me but…Jiyeon is really lucky.” She confessed.

“Then call me oppa and I’ll give you some care too.” He winked.

“Neh?” Hyuna looked up, feeling the heat rushing into her face.

“You’re too cute.” Jinwoon laughed and pinched her cheek as he led her into a cozy tea shop outside the amusement park.

“What takes them so long?” Myungsoo hissed, their turn came. Then something clicked inside his head. The whole thing was set up. Hyuna checked the time continuously, the coincidental encounter, the sudden i-want-to-go-somewhere, just to finally make him and Jiyeon stuck to each other. Myungsoo was about to walk away in rage when someone from behind pushed them forward. The checker took their tickets and shoved them down at the seats then pulled the belts over them before the wheels started to roll. Jiyeon screamed when she felt her body lift up from the ground and the wind whipped against her face painfully. She gingerly grabbed his hand but Myungsoo was too numb from the anger that he didn’t pull away. She took it as a positive signal and held onto him more tightly.

Meanwhile, Hyuna and Jinwoon were talking and laughing wholeheartedly.

“Hyuna-ah, I have to admit something.” He said softly and looked into her eyes. “Jiyeon wanted us to go on a date too, that’s why she brought me here.”

“Neh?” She widened her eyes and her heart began to pound.

“She talked a lot about you. And I feel like I want to know you better than through my sister so I took the chance right away when she offered.” His eyes curved into the two crescents . “So, friends?”

Hyuna nodded her head demurely, it didn’t look like she was gonna turn down such an amiable guy.

When the ride was over, Myungsoo immediately stood up from his seat, despite the distasteful feeling that was escalating to his throat after spinning around for more than haft an hour, he needed to get the hell out of there. He had enough of this, moreover, he didn’t want to plant the seed of hope in her that he actually enjoyed this arranged date.

“I go home!” He said curtly. Jiyeon hastily tugged his shirt.

“Myungsoo-ah, please don’t leave me here.” She pleaded, with that poor face and shaky voice, her eyes became teary. Jiyeon knew that Myungsoo had already found out about their plan and she was freaking out that he’d get mad and didn’t want to see her face anymore. Tears fell down to her lap and by seeing this, Myungsoo just sighed and gave her his hankerchief.

“Why do you have to cry?” He groaned inside his head.

“Thanks.” She sniffed. “Can we go to the astronomy tower? I haven’t been there before.”

“No, call your brother.” He demanded coldly.

“But I didn’t bring my phone.” Some of the tears started spilling out of her eyes again.

He dialed Hyuna’s number but she didn’t pick up. Of course she won’t! Damn it!!! Myungsoo kicked the trash can loudly. There were probably sitting in some corner and flirted with each other. He clenched his fist but stopped kicking, upon gathering his mind that the date was already screwed up and nothing he could do now, Myungsoo looked up at Jiyeon, who was standing stlll in awe and felt a little bit guilty. It wasn’t completely her fault that his stupid best friend, he gritted his teeth, spontaneously wanted to be a match maker for one. He sighed again and said. “Let see some constellations.” With was followed obediently by Jiyeon like a lost puppy. He squeezed the swell in his pocket. “You may have to stay with me a little longer, Tiff.”

“It was already dark!” Hyuna uttered as she looked at the clock. “I think they had enough time together.” She giggled and they walked back in.

“Thanks a lot for spending time with me.” Jiyeon said cutely when they were stepping on the road again.

“You must be thirsty, stand here and wait for me!” He changed the subject then turned around when a fat man bumped into him, they sputtered some sorry and Myungsoo ran away quickly to the drink stall, not knowing that the pink box which he planned to give Hyuna at the end of the day fell to the ground and picked up by his curious “date”.

“WOW, Tiffany!” She exclaimed.

“Starlight”, the name of the necklace, had a medium diamond star in the center and hundreds of tiny one around.  She had been begging her mom for a one like this but it was too expensive…Without any hesitation, she took it out and put on her neck then brushed her fingers excitingly against the exquisite string. It might be for her!

“Hey!” Myungsoo called from behind, making her startle. He was about to throw the coke to her when the glitter thing caught his attention, he glanced back and forth between the box and her neck, and a fury was building up from the base of his stomach. This girl is getting on my nerve!

“Give it back…” He extended his arms, with a menacing tone in his voice.

“Hey you guys!” Hyuna hopped to them and spat out the worst lie ever. “Sorry for letting you wait, we were stuck in the crowd and got lost…Oh my god, so pretty!!!” She yelped and touched the sparkling necklace on Jiyeon’s neck. Then she turned to a speechless Myungsoo and reproached jokingly. “I’m your best friend but you never gave me such a thing!” Seeing Jinwoon’s jacket around Hyuna’s shoulder spilled the last drop of the glass. Myungsoo left without a word before throwing at her his most icy glare.

There was cold war one again, but this time, it was him who refuse to talk. No matter how hard she tried, he still ignored her. And Hyuna decided to use her last tactic.

“Myungie, talk to me!” She cried when they returned home together. He had been punishing for the longest time being. At first, he quickened the pace and walked pass her, but then his leg froze on the ground when he heard her sob become louder. As much as Hyuna’s gladness, her heart-wrecking whimper had succeeded in hammering the last brick of his solid wall. He hastily walked back and wiped off those hateful tears as Hyuna looked up at him with her watery sloe eyes. She always knows which my weak point is.

Hyuna sniffed and hugged him, her shoulder heaved when she started to cry again.

“Ssh, it’s ok.” He kissed her head. Next time, I swear.

But there was no next time. Hyuna and Jinwoon started dating after that, they had been together for 4 years and might even get married, have as many kids as they want if one day, his father didn’t decide to send him study abroad so that he could handle the whole empire all by himself when he got back. Hyuna fell into a massive distress when Jinwoon broke the news. He promised to keep in touch but deep down, both of them knew that splitting up was inevitable. After two or three years, the wound finally healed, with the help of Myungsoo, who was always there whenever she broke down and tended to do something remorseful. Jinwoon was the first man she truly loved, but maybe their fates didn’t cross with each other. Hyuna thought and looked around the place where they met for the first time. “But now, I have Junhyung oppa.”

“Yah, Hyuna, Kim Hyuna!”

“Huh?”

She looked down at the big pink soft candy and grinned. There’d be just me and you today. “I want that.” Hyuna pointed at the kid holding the doraemon balloon while biting the silky material.

“I feel like a father and his daughter.” Myungsoo grunted and checked for the balloon seller.

 

“Look!” She nudged him when they both sat on top of his car. His eyes followed where her finger were pointing at and found himself grinning widely. Stars.

“Woa, woa!!!” She exclaimed and flailed her limb around, as if she wanted to acquire the whole sky within her arms.

.

.

.

“It was for me, wasn’t it?”  Her voice reverberated throughout the night. It took him a moment to absorb what she meant.

“You knew?” His shoulder stiffened in shock.

“Yeah, and I also knew what you was going to say if Jiyeon didn’t interrupt us.” She said calmly. “But I was glad that she was there. In time.”  Myungsoo thought that his heart couldn’t be more painful than the time the news of her engagement came out. He was wrong.

“I didn’t want to ruin what we had.” Hyuna continued. “And guess what? You are over me now, aren’t you?”

“Yeah.” He clenched his fist. “I am”

“I savor our friendship than anything. You know that.” She squeezed his cold hand anf glanced at his side profile, which was too hazy for her to determine which emotional state he was in. It seemed like forever with the silence filling in every single molecule of air annoyingly.

“I’m tired.” He said monotonously and clambered down. “Let me drive you home.” She got in the car, trying to make as less noise as possible.  Hyuna didn’t want to dig it out either, but she felt the urge to clear everything up between them thoroughly before she entered a permanent commitment and needed to know whether Myungsoo had moved on. He might get a bit hurt in the past but he said he was fine now, she thought, switching back to her denial mode.

No one said a word during the ride.

“See you later, Myungie-ah.” She smiled weakly and got out, but her farewell met with the thin air when the guy didn’t intend to reply, his whole body was as still as a Greek statue. Her tone was normal, at least that was what he thought, but then he caught an infinitesimal trace of it. She felt sorry for him. He watched her disappear into the building with his knuckles turning white from gripping the steering wheel too tightly as if it was a lifebuoy.

“I DON’T NEED YOUR SYMPATHY, GODDAMNIT!!!” He threw his fist into the front door, making it break and sharps fall to both in and out of the car, with a curt and clear sound. She had been aware of his feeling the whole time and acted like a dumb little kid. Like he wasn’t worth for her giving them a try. “What you said to me earlier, it was just a lie.” All the effort to suppress the ailment of being in a one-sided love for most of his lifetime crashed down into an unstoppable sobbing. The tears that he had been holding back for so long streamed down and down. Blood was gushing out like a riveret, but it was good as long as it still could distract him from the real one.

 


Hyuna wasn't very dense, was she? AW, and poor Myungsoo, unrequited love is ,and i don't say that from personal experience.

And for one who is a delusional shipper like me, here we go. Myungah stands next to each other at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeHZvUdFB4A&list=FLG5iTq8GIyujIimM-6QQHTA

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT, PLEASSSSSE!!!!!