Confrontation

Homesick

 

 Lips and tongues met and melted into each other lazily. Slowly, Jaejoong savoured my mouth with long and teasing as his hands wrapped around my form protectively. My body cradled to his, I twined myself with him with fingers exploring his freshly cut hair and legs trapping one of his own where I could grind the heat between my thighs against him.  Lust--and maybe a sort of relief--flooded my senses driving me to pull him even closer into me. When he huffed a soft moan into my mouth at the feeling of my hand gliding up his side, I nearly melted into a quivering puddle.


 

  The gentle piano of BoA's "Only One" pierced the atmosphere and soundly slapped my errant senses back into gear.


 

  "Ignore it," Jae demanded, rolling with me onto my side and using a grip in my hair to help him angle my head at his leisure.


 

  But there was no way that I could just dismiss the ring tone that I had set for my boyfriend. My hands pushed at the man in front of me in an attempt to break free from the hazy cloud of attraction in the air that had suffocated my emotions and lulled them into state of regression. Jaejoong looked down at me, refusing to budge an inch so I moved myself instead, turning and tossing my legs over the side of the bed. I retrieved my phone from my pocket and heaved a heavy sigh--it was just a random I love you text. So random that the guilt that tore through my chest threatened to bring me to tears. The weight in the bed shifted behind me as I clutched my phone like a life line to the reality I had made for myself.


 

   "Lulu." Jae was sitting with one leg outstretched and one bent, ruffling his hair. "What's wrong?"


 

   What wasn't wrong with this picture?  I was in another man's arms while my boyfriend, half way cross the world, was thinking about how much he loved me. I could sense the confusion Jaejoong was feeling, his want for us to continue sliding over my skin like tendrils and I stood, rising from the bed to put some space between us so I could think clearly.


 

    "I can't do this," I blurted. "I can't cheat on Andrew like this."


 

   He scoffed. "Lulu, please recall that it was you who started this. You still want me, as if it wasn't obvious enough on the plane."


 

  Yeah, there was that too, wasn't there? "We have crossed too many lines as it is already. And I'm sorry for leading you on like that. I am." My head shook at the thought of things going further. "But I can't do this to him. He doesn't even know about you."


 

   "Then tell him." Jae was out of bed now, standing behind me. "Call him right now and tell him."


 

    I spun on my heels and looked him in the eyes, unable to believe the foolishness he was daring to let come out of him mouth. "Yah, Kim Jaejoong! Are you hearing yourself right now? You want me to leave my faithful, loyal, accessible boyfriend for you who embarrassed me and who probably wouldn't even have the time of day for me outside of phone calls that could only happen on your schedule?" 


 

   The bastard had the gall to look at me as if I was the one being unreasonable.


 

  I rolled my eyes, tucking my phone back into my pocket. "You know what? Screw you."


 

  I was done with him; I really was. My eyes trained on the door, I made a beeline for said exit. I didn't expect the rough pull of on my elbow that swung me into the wall, making my head bang slightly onto the solid surface. I refused to give any sign that I was hurt outside of a hiss between my teeth.


 

   “If you don't want to go back to Seoul damaged, I suggest you let me go.”


 

   But with one hand holding my shoulder to the wall and the other pressed against the space beside my head, the look in Jae's eyes told me he felt he was too far to not continue. “Why are you doing this? I already told you I was sorry about last time.”


 

   The scowl that came to my face was one always associated with the memory of him ruining Incheon for me. “I'm not talking about this now.”


 

  I made a move to push away from him, but another rough shove had my head hitting the wall again, but this time with a more audible 'thunk'. I grit my teeth against the pain, mentally cursing him to every possible form of hell I could think of but all the while praying that someone didn't walk in on this.

 

Though his eyes widened slightly, he went on with a swallow.  “Yes, you are.”


 

   My head tilted to the side as I scoffed. “Do you have any idea how embarrassing it was to wait in the airport for you? It was my last day before I went to my dad's funeral and you promised—you promised—that you'd be there for me and we'd spend time quality time together before I left.”


 

  Unbidden, the memories of sitting in the waiting area, sipping on a long cold cup of Starbucks coffee as I looked around expectantly for my crush rushed into my mind. I pushed the loneliness back down into the box I had trapped it in and expelled it to the furthest reaches of my mind. Never again would I allow him to make me feel that way.


 

   “And I was there!” he protested, his voice ascending into a defensive key. “And we did spend time together.”


 

   The buzzing between my ears that signaled the rising of my temper made me tilt my head even further to the side. “If by 'I was there' you mean you came to find me two hours later with the scent of smoke on your clothes then, sure. And if by 'spending time together',” I cut over his retort, “you mean coercing me to go with you into the men's bathroom and make out while you touched me however you wanted, then you're damn right, you did all that.”


 

  A light tint of embarrassment colored his cheeks at the memory, but other than that, he showed no signs of the emotions I was feeling—regret, disgust, a determination to not make the same mistake twice. The indifference he had was baffling.


 

   I frowned, narrowing my eyes at him. "You still don't get it, do you? I'm not that kind of girl, Jae...or maybe I was. With you, I was. No other guy had ever gotten me to do such a thing. Its clear you're no good for me, Jaejoong. You never were....and I doubt you ever will be."


 

  That seemed to have defeated him; he put up almost no resistance as I pushed past him and fled the room. Unfortunately the peace didn't last very long as I heard the bedroom door open and close behind me mere seconds after my exit.


 

   "Lulu, wait!"


 

  But I was already in the living room, grabbing my bag and pushing my feet into my shoes. Jace had fallen asleep on the couch again; I figured the alcohol hadn't completely passed out of his system yet. It made no difference to me. I had no intentions of staying, regardless. Public transportation still worked the last time I checked.


 

   “Lulu, please.” I shook his begging voice out of my head again even as he stood a few feet away. “Let's talk this out...”


 

   “What did I miss?”


 

  My eyes found those of Junsu, who walked casually into the room as if it were his conversation too. I frowned and looked away from him anyway, focusing on tying my laces instead. Jaejoong didn't comment either leading Jun to repeat his question with more annoyance lingering in his tone this time.


 

   “Nothing. I'm leaving,” I supplied. “Tell Jace when he wakes up that I left.”


 

   “Why are you leaving?” he inquired, coming to kneel by my side, tying my other shoe for me. “You just got here and we haven't talked at all.”


 

  Our eyes met once more and I could see the disappointment in his gaze and I regretted it—I did—but I couldn't stay in that house and keep my sanity as well. The state of upheaval in my mind was too great for me to handle in on sitting. Telepathically, I tried to relay this to Junsu, but judging by the deepening frown on his face, I knew that it hadn't gone through.


 

   A sigh depressed my chest as I stood with his help. “Yah.” He narrowed his eyes at me. “I want to see you tomorrow, OK?”


 

  I nodded in promise to him and touched his cheek lightly before turning away. But not before I caught sight of Jaejoong one last time, looking after me with a forlorn expression on his face, his longing nearly palpable.


 

  And I couldn't stand it. So I stopped looking. Before I shut the door I heard a soft 'Hyung can we talk?' and decided that it was best to leave it in Junsu's hands. I was sure he had more than just a few words to say to Jaejoong, especially after he went out of his way to make us coming together less complicated.


 

  Unfortunately, Jae had been right about one idea. Even though there was a part of my mind that regretted it, I took the first step to making things better by leaving Andrew a voice message.


 

   "Babe." An airy chuckle that had me bordering on retreat bubbled from my chest. "When you get this message, call me OK? There's.....there's something that we need to talk about. I'll be waiting on you for as long as it takes.....I love you."