Finally

Homesick

When the plane landed I couldn't get off that thing fast enough. Jaejoong, who was still groggy, and Jason, who had been sleeping as well, lagged behind to yawn and chat idly. I had been so embarrassed to have him wake up and see that I was still holding onto him. He didn't say a word, he merely pressed his lips to the back of my hand. Even thinking about it had my face burning. Not to mention that dampness between my thighs. I tried not to groan when Jason finally caught up. He and Jae were still flapping their gums. What were they? High school girls?

 

"So where are you guys headed now?" Jae asked once we were almost out the doors of the airport.

 

"We're headed home to Mom," Jace replied. "She's probably waiting on us since I gave her a ring while we were waiting on our flight. What about you?"

 

"A friend of mine has lent me his condo." He looked around. "Said friend is supposed to be picking me up but maybe I should rent a car instead. If you two are here then we should definitely hang out."

 

I spun on my heels to face them just in time to catch his smirk. There was no way that I'd put myself in a position to be taken in by him again. No freaking way. I narrowed my eyes at him and he challenged my gaze.

 

Then stupid stupid Jace comes along, "Sure. OK. Hey, why don't you come over and see Eomma? I know she'd like it."

 

It was so hard to win against Jae with his oblivious friend just giving him freebies. I didn't say a word when he rented a car and drove us home. I was deeply tucked in to the back seat, music blasting in my ear as I gazed out over my home. I could see the ocean in the distance and somehow it made all my worries just melt away--I was home. I let out a deep sigh and hummed softly along to a K. Will song.

 

We got to the house before I knew it. Jae offered, but I silently took my suitcase out of the trunk and ignored him all the way to the front door. Jace rang the door bell and I merely dug out the key that was hidden in the Charlie Brown flower pot on the porch. I couldn't believe that he had forgotten about it. Or maybe I had been thinking of home so much that I had never forgotten. 

 

When I pushed into the the living room, I couldn't resist the smile that stretched across my face. I took in a deep breath to take in the familiar scent of home. There truly was nothing like being back there at my childhood house. I pretty much dropped my bags at the door and moved through the living room.

 

"Eomma," I called. "uriga wassoyo (we're here)!"

 

My mom came shuffling out not much later in a neat red dress. "Lulu? Jason? You too, Jaejoong-ah?"

 

Though he was looking at the boys, she pulled me into her arms. I hugged her a if I hadn't seen her in years and like she hadn't visited a couple months before. The boys gave their greetings even as I moved with her to the couch .

 

"Its nice to see you again, Eommonim." Jaejoong bowed his head again, before lowering himself into the nearest armchair.

 

"I haven't seen you since.......well, since Derrick's funeral."

 

He gave a small smile and nod in agreement but I didn't get it. My head lifted off of her shoulder and I looked between the two of them carefully.

 

"Who, Derrick?" I inquired.

 

"Your father Derrick," Mom replied. "Who else could I have been talking about?" 

 

My gaze shot accusingly at our guest. "You were there?"

 

...and didn't come to see me? He came all the way to Alabama but couldn't say something? Even if I couldn't see him, he could've called.  I frowned.

 

"He stopped en route to a meeting," Jace explained, "He only had a little time before he and the others were to meet some producer or something so he only talked to Mom."

 

"So you didn't get to see him either, Jace?"

 

My brother shook his head. I'll admit that that made me feel a little bit better. Though I was till annoyed at my mother for not saying anything earlier, I let the topic drop there; her conversation was getting heavy anyway. Once again, I was fairly quiet, merely cuddling into my mother's side . The conversation was just whooshing over my head until Jae said something to reel me in.

 

"I've missed them both so now I'm going to do more to keep in contact." He was smiling with the other two but his word sailed right into my ear. "Maybe they can fly in more often and we can spend more time together."

 

"Sort of impossible when I have school," I chimed." And Jace works some weird hours sometimes, so I'm not sure that's going to work."

 

"Well, its not as if my schedule is full of free time either," he retorted, leaning his elbows on his knees. "But that's what SNS sites are for, right? Email? Kakaotalk? I'm sure these things work overseas as well."

 

"That's right!" We both looked over to Jace who was digging his phone out of his back pocket. He pressed a few buttons on his way to crouch by his friends seat. "I don't have any of your contacts anymore."

 

Jaejoong laughed out loud at Jace's outburst. Soon they were both inputting information into their phone, returning to that bubble where there were only the two of them in the conversation. My mom alerted them that she was going to make some tea, dragging me up with her her.

 

"Apayo, apayo (it hurts, it hurts)!" I protested until she finally released my arm and swung me around to face her.

 

"You really irritate me sometimes!"

 

I raised an eyebrow at her hiss. "What the hell did I do? Ow!"

 

I flinched away from her pinch. "You're not in the South anymore," she snapped. "You watch your mouth!"

 

"I thought this was South Korea though..."

 

I barely got out of the way before she swung her hand to hit the side of my head. A sigh of relief escaped my lungs at my reliable reflexes. When you grew up with a smart mouth around my mother, you had better develop them or you'd be suffering a headache every time.

 

Mom wrinkled her nose as she hissed again. "I thought that you'd have gotten out of your childish tendencies by now, Lulu, but here you are, still playing around with Jaejoong's feelings. I know that you know that he likes you. Not to mention that he's an exceptional young man and a great catch. What is wrong with you?"

 

I had begun to tune her out from when I heard Jaejoong come out of . We had this conversation before. Too many times before to tell the truth. She hadn't left me alone about it since he sent me a stuffed rabbit from the amusement park because Mom didn't want me to go out with him and Jace and their friends. I was not ashamed to admit that the very same rabbit was on my dresser back in the States at that very moment. However, Jae would never know that.

 
"Mother," I sighed. "You don't get it, alright?" Leaning on the counter, I went on, "And even if we do get together now, his fans would bother you, because you're here, they'd bother Jace because they'd find out that they're friends and they'd annoy me to no end with threats and insults to which I would flip out and give them grounds to say I'm 'an embarrassment to my boyfriend'. I ain't into all of that. I wont do that to our family when I don't even have those kinds of feelings for him." My clear polished index finger pointed in her face. "And you can't make me change my mind, so stop."
 
 
For fear that my digit would be snapped like a twig I didn't leave it out for long, but thankfully, my point had already gotten across. was set in a displeased pucker, but she didn't scold me, which was always a plus.
 
 
"Well, you're right. Even he has been having a hard time lately."
 
 
I knew that if we went there, I'd begin to feel sorry for him. He hated getting pity from me, but I wouldn't be able to help it. I didn't check up on the state of the case between the boys and SM while I was away. I watched every fancam of their first concert but there was no way that my heart would be able to take all the drama; I preferred to see them enjoying themselves on stage.
 
 
Instead of going back out to serve tea, I opted to go to my room. My mood had already been spoiled and I didn't feel like seeing him anymore. I was so happy that my room hadn't changed since I left. Mom didn't even clean up. I kicked my shoes off at the foot of the bed and flopped onto the plaid comforter that depressed around me like a hug. Why did we have to see him at the airport? What was it that I was meant to do concerning him? I wasn't even sure if he still wanted a relationship--it seemed like all he wanted to was get in my pants.
 
 
I frowned. This was why I had begun to dislike being around Jaejoong. He was one of the only two men who could made me question myself so deeply and psych myself out in the process. Since my mind was so full of him, the sound of "Hey you" by CNBlue ringing from my phone almost made me jump out of my skin.
 
 
I cleared my throat before I answered in a chipper tone. "Why are you awake, Andrew?"
 
 
"No 'Baby, I miss you'. No 'Oh I'm so glad you called'." My boyfriend scoffed. "Where's the 'end call' button. Clearly I'm not wanted."
 
 
I rolled my eyes and waited to see if he had the nerve to actually hang up. I didn't want him to know that there was something going on, but I was not in the mood for his games.
 
 
After a while, he sighed. "Lu, can't you just pretend to be apologetic?"
 
 
"Nope," I giggled. "You told me to never lie to you."
 
 
"You can lie here. This situation makes lying perfectly acceptable."
 
 
I laughed out loud, feeling my worries slowly slip away. "Oh, babe, your voice sounds so good to me right now."
 
 
"Tired of hearing Korean already? You just got there." His bed creaked. "After all that and groaning about duckie-buckie and cokey I thought that you be forgetting little people like me."
 
My fingers came to pinch the bridge of my nose. "Lord, Drew, if you were meaning to say deokbokki and gogi, I'm going to add 2 more hours to our study schedule."
 
 
I could sense him cringing.  His grey eyes always seemed to darken when someone mentioned studying. He was one of those stereotypical 'Bama* boys who were all about their family, their car and their girlfriends. While this meant that he would love me more than his Impala, it also meant that I had to work to keep his grades above average.
 
 
"How's your mom?" Drew went on.
 
 
I decided not to mention the guest she was so happily entertaining. "She's good. I haven't seen Minwoo as yet, but I'm sure he'll be here before sun down."
 
 
"Let her know I said hi."
 
 
"Sure." 'Cause she totally not trying to set me up with a completely different guy. "Now go to bed. I know that the time difference is crazy and I will not have Miss Analese biting my head off because her son chose to call me at nothing o' clock in the morning."
 
 
I could feel him smiling. "OK. OK. You gatta call me tomorrow though."
 
 
"Ne."
 
 
"I love you," he declared, his voice suddenly serious.
 
 
My cheeks heated automatically when he got all greasy*. I brought my hand to my face in order to bring it down as I sat up. Ugh, he had me smiling like an idiot.
 
 
"You know that I love you too," I replied just as sweetly.
 
 
I turned to put my back onto the bed again when my gaze met Jae's raised eyebrows. All my butterflies died.
 
 
"Um...." I hesitated to call him any kind of pet name. "I'll call you later, OK?"
 
 
"Sure. Sleep well."
 
 
I hope so, I thought as I hung up. With the handle of my suitcase in his hand, he remained fixed in the doorway. His eyes were giving me a dull--possibly irritated--stare; his mouth was pressed into a thin line. For some reason, I felt guilty.
 
 
"Wae guraeyo (what's wrong with you)? Don't you know its rude to listen to other people's conversations?"
 
 
He gave a slow blink as if I hadn't spoken.
 
 
I frowned trying not to be too unnerved. "Why are you up here? I could've gotten my bag myself."
 
 
I hopped off of my bed to go toward him. He didn't move an inch until my hand reached for the handle and he suddenly began to walk in my direction. I had to take some quick steps back so he wouldn't bump right into me. 
 
 
"W-wae gurae?!" I said again once he kicked the door shut with his foot.
 
 
He pushed the aside suitcase gently, allowing it to roll on its own to my closet. "Who was that?"
 
 
I stumbled backwards when the back of my legs hit the bed. My bounced on the surface but Jae was right up on me the next second, putting his hands on either side of me leaning into me until my back was on the mattress and he was propped up over me. I turned my head away; my disloyal butterflies had returned, more energetic than ever. 
 
 
"I asked who that was." His voice was dangerously low.
 
 
I lifted my chin, still looking at anything but him. "It was my boyfriend. Wae? Can't I have one?"
 
 
My burst of confidence didn't immediately leave, thank goodness. I needed that courage to not cringe at his silence. I did, however, shrink back when he leaned even lowered onto me until his breath was tickling my ear. Then his hand slid under the small of my back, lifting my body slightly up to his and I started to squirm, but he refused to let me roll onto my side.
 
 
 "Oh, how I wish you'd say that kind of stuff to my face, Lulu." His lips were brushing against my ear each time his mouth shaped a syllable. "How 'bout you try now, hmm?" 
 
 
I was literally quivering; my fists clenched to keep him from noticing my hands trembling uncontrollably. "You need to get off of me. My eomma and oppa are downstairs and they will kill you if come in here and see you."
 
 
It was at that moment that Jae covered my body with his own. He didn't put much of his weight on me but just enough for me to feel him. And, boy, did I feel him. I wanted to wrap my arms around him so badly; my body was too used to him touching me. But I refrained from moving, having to squeeze my eyes shut to help that process along. Then Jae pressed his soft lips to the side of my neck and all my tension melted out of me on a ragged sigh. He kissed that spot again. And again.
 
He trailed up to my ear where he whispered, "Stop playing hard to get, Lu." A hand my leg slightly. "Maybe when you come to the house tomorrow we can talk about what to do about your boyfriend."
 
 
With that he got up an left. I mean, he straight up left me there on my back, not seeing anything but hating myself for being taken in by him. I groaned loudly as I threw my pillow across the room at his arrogance, His cockiness.....and my inability to resist him.
 
 

NOTE:    'Bama is slang for Alabama for people who are too lazy to say the entire thing.....which is a lot of the locals. When I came back to the Bahamas after living there, saying Al-a-ba-ma was always a mouthful.

              "Greasy" is equivalent to "cheesy" to Koreans. I always laugh when I hear the word in context because I almost always hear it when girls talk about Yoochun.


 

I'm so sorry subbies. Ive had writers' block for a while now. So if this is short and crappy to you I'm sorry.

 

But I'm back and I won't let you down again! ^^

 

Next to update is my Bang Yongguk story "Scandal". If you haven't already checked it out, what are you waiting on? An invitation?

 
 
Or not....you know....its your choice and all and.....
 
 
LOL
 
Anyway, Imma see you guys later!
 
God and love,
 
-D. Rex