the candy man ft. woohyun x luna

{∞} oneshot/drabble collection

{ 005. the candy man }

woohyun / luna ..what is their ship name.. - drabble

a/n: i'd dedicate this to fxwhuut but this isn't so great =_= so i'll probably redo this couple again and promise next time, it'll be better T_T~

-

Their eyes meet at 2am, on opposite sides of the snack aisle in a convenience store.

She looks up at the tall guy and his face is familiar, his name is on the tip of her tongue but she can’t pull it out. She has seen him everywhere…but his name is almost nowhere. He's handsome, of course, with a face that wore a smile no matter what his expression is.

Under his cap, his eyes are shadowed and there’s something about them that makes her shiver slightly, but she’s drawn to his gaze. Slowly, his eyes pull up as if he’s smiling and it’s only then does she pull away. His eyes hide under his cap, and there's something about him that makes the skin on her arms tingle. They meet eyes, soft and composed but at the same time curious, and she's drawn to his gaze.

“It’s a bit late for you, huh?” His voice murmurs from across her. She doesn’t meet eyes again, looking away as focuses on the colourful candies surrounding her.

She shrugs, her lips tugging into a slight smile. What’s his name again?! “Hungry.”

“Sugary foods aren’t very good for you past midnight~”

“I'm not a child, so I can eat what I like- wait, how old are you?” she asks, looking for a gap to contradict him. She puffs her cheeks when she realises there isn't one, and continues to stare at the candies.

He chuckles and lowers his head. She finds it even harder to identify him. "Not a child, huh? You're right.”

She scowls a little due to the lack of response so she stays quiet. She wonders if she should just go back to buying some food but she’s too curious. She looks up again, but he’s not there anymore.

Instead, he’s at the counter, giving money.

Watching him leave the store, she sighs and shakes her head, grabbing whatever that’s on the shelf beside her.

She approaches the counter and feels her pockets for her spare change, and then the assistant waves his hand at her. She glances up, not bothered by the gleam in his eyes as he recognises who she is. She raises her eyebrows at his gesture.

“Uh…th-the guy- whatever you buy is free, Luna-ssi…” She pretends not to find his dead straight stare creepy.

“Huh?” she asks, confused.

“He- the gu-guy who left has already p-paid for you…”

She blinks a few times. Okay, seriously…who was he?! “Hey, do you know who that guy was?”

He nods. “Isn't he Woohyun from Infinite? He always comes here late at night...”

She stops and stares ahead at nothing in particular, piecing information in her head. Oh, that’s his name! I can’t believe I forgot- “and he paid for my…bar of what even is this? –chocolate, ah- Woohyun...?”

She reminds herself to come into this convenience store at 2am more often.

xxxxxxx

the end.