train rides ft. myungstal

{∞} oneshot/drabble collection

{ 003. train rides }

myungstal - drabble

-

 

He bumped into her on the way to work one morning, very sleepily standing up leaning on the metal pole in the middle of the train compartment. He couldn’t mistake her, with her candy pink lips and her eyebrows furrowed as if in permanent worry. He had seen this face too many times to forget about her.

He’s the one sitting down, hiding stealthily under his baseball cap. His ears are currently occupied with bass loud earphones and his foot tapped lightly to the beat of his music. It was just coincidence that a certain girl group’s song comes on, and he couldn’t help but to instinctively stand up and tap her on the shoulder.

“Jung Soo Jung, I think you should sit down before you end up sleeping on the floor.” He whispers into her ear and the warmth of his breath is enough for her eyes to widen.

She jumps a few centimetres away, shocked. “Yah, Myungsoo-oppa, what are you doing?!”

He grins as he watches her blush, her eyes glaring at his. “Being a gentleman. Take my seat.” he nods towards it and without hesitation, she takes his offer.  He leans on the pole now, his earphones dangling over his shoulders and his hands in his pockets.

She refuses to look up at him. “Thank you.”

He closed his eyes once and smiled to himself. He was getting rid of everybody else on the train, leaving space only for her. When he opens his eyes, she’s staring into space. “Did someone have a rough night at work or was someone just too lazy to get up in the morning?” Her eyes flitter to his chuckling figure. “Don’t talk to me as if we’re close friends, oppa.”

“Ouch~” He nods. “I’m on board Krystal's cranky train, huh.”

No reply.

“Ne…Soo Jung~” No reply. He laughs, “Cute.”

“What stop are you getting off at?” she bluntly asks him.

He shrugs, “Yours.”

She stares at him with instant frustration. “Don’t stalk me.”

He can’t help but laugh at her, this time moving closer towards her so he’s just leaning on the railing and towering above her. “Infinite and f(x) have a recording together, idiot. I’ll walk with you to the studio, Soo Jung!”

Her eyes widen, “Don’t you think someone would catch us and make one huge scandal about it?! Hey-!”

Her words were cut off as he slowly pulled himself down to her level, leaning on either side of her chair. The train is about to come to its stop. He grins into her ear. “Let’s just say I wouldn’t mind a scandal with you.”

Taken aback and rather flustered, she’s left breathless when he pulls away and grins at her. She cursed herself for even finding him attractive right now. By the time she chooses to speak up and reply, he’s already at the train door.

He waves, “We have a show recording tomorrow, not today. I’ll call you later, Krystal!” and he disappears into the crowd stepping off the train, putting his earphones back into his ears with a satisfied look on his face as the same song had been on replay all along.

"Are you drunk?!" she mutters to herself, flustered.

He looks behind him one last time before he walks away, taking a glance at the girl as she stares straight at him. Her angelic lips curved in a tiny ‘o’ and then, her sweetheart-shaped face disappears behind the doors.

xxxxxxxx

the end.