| 14 ; foolish verdicts ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝foolish verdicts
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                 Abrupt twists and turns? They all happen because of foolish verdicts—resulting to great loss and despair

KYUNGSOO's perspective 

“Don’t. Please don’t.” I tried to speak but no words came out from my mouth. “Sehun, don’t leave me alone.” I tried to grab him but my hand just passed him through as if I am a ghost.

I want to scream, to trash wildly but I can’t. I can do nothing. I can just watch him walking away, slowly, through the thick fogs and disappearing into the distant horizon.

*****

My eyes suddenly flung open as I jerked to sit. “SEHUN!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Chen, who was beside me mending my wounds, scrambled backwards with due alarm. “What the hell, Kyungsoo, I nearly died from a heart attack.” He clutched his chest.

“Where’s Sehun?” I mumbled as I scanned the surroundings. “Where is he?” I demanded as I grasped his shirt. A few meters away, the ground cracked.

He guzzled. “He… he… he is…” But instead of finishing his sentence, he looked away and pointed somewhere else.

I was baffled but I followed his finger and found Xiumin, absolutely no Sehun in sight. When did Sehun transformed to Xiumin, seriously? I gave Chen one last fleeting look and stormed towards Xiumin. With each single step I take, the crack in the ground earlier gets larger, maybe because of the tension I contain. Xiumin was kneeling, holding someone in his arms, and as I got closer I realized the person in his arms was Glacier. She was breathing faintly but she is alive, she will survive. She just needs rest and everything will turn out to be fine for her. When she saw me, she immediately averted her gaze away and… is it just me or that was tears forming in her eyes? Xiumin, seeing the tears, turned to look who’s standing beside him. For a millisecond, his eyes widened in shock but he abruptly changed his emotion.

“Good to know you’re awake.” He tried to smile but I can clearly see the sarcasm. I can see desolation written in his dark brown eyes.

“Drop the smile.” I noted him. “Don’t fool yourself, or me. Now, where’s Sehun?”

“He was…”

“Don’t lie.”

His shoulders drooped and he heaved a sigh. “He… vanished.” He said the last word in almost a whisper.

That last word hit me hard. I stared at him incredulously, unmoved. Truth is always the truth; you can’t escape it, right? But… is Xiumin telling the truth?

As if reading my thoughts, he answered my uncertainty. “It was the whole truth.”

Anger started to swell up inside me, getting stronger and stronger. I wanted to shout it all out. The crevice I created earlier grew larger as it ran to north and south, separating us from Chen who was on the other side. I was frustrated. Why did he do it? What is he thinking? Is it my fault? Is it because I fell asleep and he had no other choice but to die? My mind told me one thing: I have to kill myself; I have to accompany him in the afterlife if there is any, be it heaven… or hell. My vision blurred and my instincts took over, telling me to cut my wrist since that’s the fastest way to do it. My eyes caught something—something sharp—a dagger made of ice crystals just a few inches away from Glacier’s grip. It was maybe six inches long, with an enormous fang as its tip. I knelt down to pick it up, a smirk plastered on my face.

I can feel Xiumin’s eyes following me as I stood up. “Kyungsoo, why are you holding the dagger? Put that down.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter