Chapter 2

Secrets in the Wind

 

Dayeon POV

I stared at the map trying to figure out which train to take to Seoul. The confusing lines didn't help and people were pushing me and yelling for me to move. Well sorry if I'm lost ... No one wants to freakin help me. I was getting sick of pushed so I moved from the front only to be pushed to the ground. "Ow!" You look and see your attacker also on the ground in pain. "Geez watch were Youre going.." The boy complains. He wearing a leather coat and sunglasses with a red baseball cap to cover his face. Talk about suspicious... I walk away hoping he wouldn't come back and murder me. Yea I'm paranoid like that. 

I walked through a gate hoping it was the right one. "Train to Seoul arriving in 15 minutes" the magic voice said. Phew thank I made it. The train arrived and I took a seat near in the middle if the train while people stepped on mm foot heading towards the back. I was looking at the door waiting for it to close when a familiar person walked in. The coat guy. I hope he wouldn't recognize me so I tried to hide my face. He stopped infront of me and I looked up trying to look as innocent as possible. He reached inside his pocket and I started to scream. "Please don't hurt me!! I'm sorry I'm so sorry" about everyone turned and looked to see the commotion and the guy looked embarrassed. His hand came out if his pocket holding the same phone as mine. Huh. What a coincidence. He hands you the phone ," here you dropped this when you fell I just wanted to return it. Sorry if I scared you. " the mysterious not-a-Murderer guy slipped through the doors just as it was closing leaving me behind without even his name. 

"Ow!" I yelled when my foot got squashed all of a sudden. I opened my eyes and looked around and people were leaving the train. Apparently it had arrived and I was asleep for quite a while. I stood up and rolled my luggage trying to get out not caring whose foot I rolled over. I stepped onto land and smelled the new Seoul air. Since I only had a little money I decided my first step was to look for a job. 

It's been 5 hours and I've been walking around but there's no good work place. I closed my eyes and decided the first place I see I will work there. I opened my eyes and I was in front of a shop.... The sold guns. Oh god. I looked in the window and didn't see an "accepting applicants" sign so I took that chance and tried again. Ok last time this time for sure I will find a job. I closed my eyes and opened it and I was infront of a cute little cake shop on the corner of the street. Yay. I opened the door only to find it empty. I ringed the bell and an old lady came running out. "How may I help you my dear. " I looked around seeing dirty tables and paint peeling off the wall. "Umm I'd like to apply for a job here" the old lady's eyes opened to twice her normal size "Omo! That's perfect! I need help around here. As you can see we're not doing very well. When can you start working?" 

I smiled and replied, "right now"

Halmoni* gave me some money and told me to help make the place look more presentable. So I walked around trying to find the nearest department store. I bought 4 gallons of pink paint and some super glue for the chairs. The man let me take a cart to carry the paint in, so I rolled all the way back to the shop and noticed a blonde by sitting at a table eating cake. Yay first customer! I decided to get to work feeling motivated and in 7 hours I managed to paint the whole store. Halmoni had to leave because of the smell but I had a mask so I was okay. Speaking of it though I do feel a but dizzy. But I ignored it and decided to start super gluing the chairs to make them more safe until we got the replacements. The scents started mixing and I started seeing weird things. Suddenly I was on the roof and everything was upside down! How did that happen. I saw something blue run past me. Oh my god!!! There are smurfs. Suddenly there was a small chuckle coming from around the room so I started screaming. "Get away from me evil house! Don't eat me!" ... And then I out. 



 


Halmoni - it's korean for grandma commonly used to call old people in korea for those who don't know :)