Fury

The Rose with Thorns

Sera's POV:

I made my way down to an underground alley. It was still raining heavily and I was soaking wet. The flash of lightning continued and the sound of thunder sustained to disrupt my thoughts. I still don’t understand what just happened but what was more distressing was what Yong Guk will think. I was unsuccessful and because of that, there must be some sort of punishment.

I pulled my hoodie off as soon as I arrived, to reveal my long, wavy hair and blue eyes. I knocked on the door several times and waited for it to open. Footsteps were heard on the other side and slowly the door was unlocked and opened to only an inch. A tall figure behind the door stared at me from top to bottom, “Password?”

I glared at him to see his lips twist up into a smirk. “Still not talking huh?” He chuckled and opened the door, still blocking the entrance by leaning against the door frame. “You know Yong Guk is pretty mad at you right now.  I would say he's fuming with anger that you weren’t able get your hands dirty.”

I held back my annoyance and just kept glaring at him, Kim Him Chan, the only person that had really tempted me to slide a knife through his throat. He was a pretty boy and is one of Yong Guk’s trustworthy members that really enjoy making me feel the way I am feeling now, annoyed and frustrated at myself.

I stormed past him, making him stumble backwards and chuckle in amusement. I paced back and forth outside Yong Guk’s quarters, creating wet puddles everywhere I go; it wasn’t exactly great when Him Chan decided to stand by and watch me whilst chuckling at my anxious state.

The door slammed open and there stood Yong Guk with an irritated expression on his face, “Hurry up and get the hell in.” Truthfully, I’ve never been this scared of anyone. Yong Guk was a person to fear, it’s only been weeks since I’ve joined and you would already know what makes him mad and what makes him satisfied. He says his words calmly but the way he puts things brings a chill down your spine. I quickly walked into the room before giving Him Chan a hateful glare to see him smirk at me before wondering of somewhere else.

I lowered my head while slowly approaching Yong Guk’s front desk where he had his arms crossed, staring at me furiously.  I looked away trying to avoid eye contact with him to hear him huff in annoyance, “Why weren’t you able to kill him?” I kept quiet. Yong Guk knew I didn’t enjoy speaking much and kept everything to myself but at times I couldn’t speak. I was too scared to remember why I wasn’t able to kill him because he reminded me too much of someone I knew but that wasn’t a good enough reason to tell him.

“Sera, Answer me!” Yong Guk’s deep growl startled me from my thoughts; I blinked a couple of times before looking up to face him, “He avoided it,” I murmured “I wasn’t able to see clearly too because it was raining.” He let out an annoyed scoff and reached out for the glass of water in front of him. “He must have heard the sound of the blade being pulled out.” I returned to my thoughts and tried recall the moment I pulled my knife out. I wasn’t even able to move the knife towards him because he had already moved out of the way.

“Since you were unsuccessful, I was planning to kill you.” My eyes began to widen in fear after hearing his intention to kill me after being unsuccessful, but ether way I would have died anyway. There was no use living my life since I messed it up already. My parents are gone and I have no other relatives. Even if I did, I don’t think they would even want to see me. I stood there as each layer of my cold mask fell after the next. I couldn’t believe I was even showing my vulnerability; Yong Guk stared at me like I was being foolish. There was a sudden knock that had him turn his attention towards the door. Him Chan walked in with documents in his hands and placed them on his desk before staring at me. It took moments for him to realise what had happened. He looked blank for a few seconds that it made me think he was actually feeling sorry until a cheeky smile swept across his face. I scoffed and looked away to composure myself like nothing had happened.

“Is this it?” Yong Guk voiced out, reaching out for the filed envelope. Him Chan nodded,

“This is all her documents, transfer papers and time table all her other things are outside. I’ve already got mine so I’ll pick her up tomorrow.” Him Chan waved freely and left the room. It seemed like they were about to ship me of somewhere. I stayed quiet as Yong Guk furrowed his eyebrows and read the documents to himself. “What are you doing? Why aren’t you leaving already?” I looked up at him, startled. Was I about to leave without getting brutally hurt today?

I heard a long tired sigh, “Would you like me to repeat that? Go home and rest already, you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow.” So was I really going to get shipped off somewhere? Is this another way to kill someone? Yong Guk stood up in frustration and threw the document out in front of me. “You’re going to school tomorrow, this is the only way you can get close enough to him and finish things off. I’m giving you 5 months to do this and Him Chan will be out watching you. And let me give you one last word of advice. Do not ever; let him get to you first.”

Yoon Sera, kill him before he kills you.