The Deal

The Rose with Thorns

 

 

Walking down the dark alley, I held onto my grocery bags tightly. Each step I took down that dark and gloomy place, I would feel as if someone was watching me. The alley was oddly silent as I felt terror slowly engulf my whole being, like a presence was observing every move I made. I heard footsteps behind me, slowly gaining on me. I tried to push my fear aside and look behind. Strangely, no one was there. I returned to walking down the alley I thought I must’ve been paranoid thinking that someone was actually following me.

I continued to walk down the alley when the familiar sound rang in my ears again, footsteps. Except this time, they were faster. I knew that I was not just hearing things. Still in my anxious state, I turned around and in front of me stood a tall figure. Before I could do anything, a knife was pointed at my throat. Smirking in satisfaction, he swiftly pulled me under his arm and pinned me on the brick wall. With the thin, sharp metal blade slightly grazing against my neck, I shakily exhaled at the close proximity between us. I could feel my heart palpitating in fear. Never have I thought a day like this would come. Suddenly, I heard everything around me; the deafening silence and his warm breath near my ear.

 “Move and I will hurt you.” He darkly chuckled. I could imagine a smirk edging from his lips, his hand played with the hemming of my shirt. I already knew what he was thinking. I felt his hand touch my stomach and I involuntarily shivered at his disgusting touch.  A sudden rattle came from the bins near the end of the alley, the guy shifted his focus towards whatever was there and I took my chance and kick him in the shin.

 “Ah, ! What the hell are you doing?!” He muffled in pain, falling to the concrete. He accidently dropped the deadly weapon that was held at my neck to the ground and without a second thought, I quickly grabbed the knife into my hands rapidly. I watched him groan in pain, adrenaline circulating through my veins. At that time, we both knew that he was in the weaker position. I forced my trembling hands around the blade. The desperation in his eyes was now shown as the rest of his body quivered in horror.

Still on the ground, the guy started to slowly drag his body backwards, attempting to escape the situation. “Wait, please!” I watched him beg for his life like the worthless human he was, his eyes drowned in fear. But then I realised that my hands were no longer shaking. I had a firm grip and I was no longer afraid. As I walked closer to him, he continued to crawl backwards. “What are you doing?!” His voice audibly cracked.

My shadow towered over him and he was completely helpless. I didn’t know what was coming over me. This type of craving; this type of power…

 What was it?

 As tears spilled out of his eyes, I found the satisfaction I’ve never found before. The pain and fear my father should’ve felt; he was feeling all of it. I loved this.

I drew the knife closer to his neck, his convulsing body shook uncontrollably. I smirked at him but he was paying more attention to my eyes than my face. I was disgusted by the look he gave me it was as if I wasn’t even human. I slowly lowered the knife down to his chest. His eyes looked at me in shock.

“Plea--” Before he could finish the word, I plunged the sharp knife straight through him, feeling the blood sliding down from the knife and down my arm. He looked at me with shock still in his eyes. A single tear drop fell down his face and with one last breath he fell to the ground. I dropped the knife and a sudden smile formed across my lips. A flash of light distracted me from my trance and made me jump as a sound went off. Its tune made me freeze in my spot, unsure of what to do; I nervously slid my fingers through the guy’s front pockets and pulled out what seemed to be his phone.

All I could do was stare. I stood there and stared at the person who was calling that goes by the name of ‘Yong Guk.’. I didn’t know what I was thinking or doing when it suddenly occurred to me that I had slid my finger across the screen and the first thing I heard was a deep husky voice that was yelling.

“How long does it take for you to answer the damn phone!?” I blinked at the loud voice and kept silent, wanting to drop the phone and run of when a frustrated growl was heard. “Have you found him yet?” My mind was completely blank. All that was going through my head was whether I should say something or just leave. “YOUNGJAE!” His sudden deep growl scared me and I dropped the phone rapidly, grabbing my grocery bags. I pulled myself together and ran off when his voice echoed through the speakers.

“Stop, don’t you dare run away.” I turned back around and looked down at the dead body and slowly over to the phone. This tension was scaring me and it somehow felt like he knew his friend was dead. “You, you’re a girl, aren’t ya?” I swallowed hard as footsteps were heard like they were surrounding me; I felt like I was cornered. A sudden chuckle was heard; it seemed like he was smirking, “You must be pretty brave to kill someone with your own two hands.” Confusion flooded in and took over my thoughts. “Hello, I’m Yong Guk and I would like it if you were to be part of my gang. Since you just killed a dearest member of mine, you can only make it up to me by giving up your own life in return.”, He waited for my answer as I was still progressing everything that just occurred.  “… if not you’ll be found dead in less than a day.” I blinked in disbelief, knowing I had no way out of this. What am I supposed to do?

“With a girl like you, I think it’ll be a piece of cake getting rid of a low life peasant and his watch dog.” I swallowed hard and looked around to see if anyone was approaching me. There was a sudden tap on my shoulder that made me jerk up in fear. I turned around to see a guy smirking at me. "So, are you in?"

Yoon Sera, you will regret this.