Identity

The Rose with Thorns

DaeHyun's POV:

I reached over and poured the liquid into the ladies cup that was already half full, she was drunk and reeked badly; I really couldn’t stand the sight of her face every night, the way she smiled and watch me work was bothersome.  I kept a poker face on like any gentleman at a bar would and paced away to place the bottle of vodka back on its shelf when I felt a tug at the end of my shirt.

Turning back around the lady signalled me to come closer to her; I almost scoffed at the way she was doing it. I placed the bottle of vodka on the counter and made my way back to her bending down to her level just to hear her whisper something dirty. I rolled my eyes without her noticing and decided to get rid of her presence, I leaned in real close and whispered back something in her ear, she giggled at first but became real offended when she heard what I had to say,

“For a person like you hitting on a guy like me, it will never work. You’re already 29 and all you can do is spend your time at bars getting drunk? Get over yourself and leave already before I get security to you out.” I leaned back out and glared at her to see her clutch her hands and reach for her purse to leave, shoulder nudging someone before she headed straight out the door.

I watched her in amusement to hear the loud up beat music pounding against my chest when another girl took her seat and just stared at the cup in front of her. I snatched it away rapidly before she could grab hold of it herself and quickly poured it down the drain knowing that she was underage, my age.

She had that intense look in her eyes yet I couldn’t care less about that. Just the fact that her eyes… they didn’t look real, it looked as if she was wearing contacts, that chocolate brown was not natural. She stared at the counter that had me looking in her direction to see she was interested in the bottle of vodka. I decided to serve her that since I just lost a couple of dollars after realising the lady before had stormed out without paying and I needed the money or the boss would get mad.

I reached over and grabbed hold of an empty cup and the bottle of vodka pouring it to the half way mark were I was trained to serve and placed down in front of her. She stared at it and smiled drinking it all in one go. I was surprised. She remerged through her pocket and managed to pull out a $56 before walking away to the pool tables.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at the scene, collecting the money to stash it away in the counter. I looked around from where I was for a clock seeing that it was just about time to close up. I went around one by one, telling people to get ready to leave there were some that listened and some that didn’t as always the ones that didn’t were the ones I had to call security on.

By the time everyone was out, I was alone cleaning up the bar. Drying stacks of cups and placing them on the rack, wiping down tables and benches and collecting rubbish, by the time I was done, it was already midnight. I took what was supposed to be my pay from the counter and turned of all the lights before locking up the bar.

It was raining outside and loud crackling thunderstorm was heard along with striking light. I wore on my jumper and pulled the hoddie over my head to suddenly hear the sound of a blade being pulled out; I swiftly jumped aside to see that a knife had just been pulled out in front of me. Taking in what I have just seen I looked across to see blue eyes that belonged to a girl,

She looked shocked herself, as if this had never happened to her. I was about to grab hold of the knife in her hands and turn it against her when lightening was strike across the sky and when I looked back she was gone.

Sera’s POV:

I quickly rushed of when a bolt of lightning was heard turning into the nearest corner when suddenly I collided with something hard stumbling back a couple of times to realise I had bumped into a tall figure and had accidently cut his hand with the knife in my hand, he screeched out in pain as drops of blood ran down his fingertips, I slightly smiled when I heard a voice called out,

“Jung Hong?” I quickly looked back to see the guy I had aim to be my next target approach us and rapidly I stood up to rush around the nearest corner. I stood behind a tree and watched the two guys interact like they had some connections. “Hyung -- sorry I’m late, I was being chased by a -- and just now, I think I just saw-” I squinted my eyes to concentrate closely on what the two guys were saying as rain splatted across my face.

“Jung Hong you’re---,” his words were cut of the crackling sound of thunder; I was easily annoyed as it took time to get back to concentrating on what the two were saying, “Is there anyone else out there harming you?” That was easily heard, I concentrated on the guy I had cut to see he had it bandaged up already, It was strange, it wasn’t like they were caring bandages around were they?

Were the two lovers? Brothers? Friends?

“I bet that girl is after us, someone must have hired her to--” the words was once again cut off by thunder, I tried to concentrate hard on their voices again, “You can always--- her Hyung. Just find out who she is and--” the two guys started moving and it impossible to hear any more of their conversation, I had to get rid of them.

Especially the first one, he saw me. He reminded me of someone, why couldn’t I kill him when I had the chance? His expression. He knows how I look like, and for that,

Yoon Sera, you must kill him.