Bakery?!

Flower Boy Bakery

I walk slowly down the hill towards the bakery, the wind gently blowing my long dark brown hair from my face. I pause for a second and look up, admiring the beautiful weather. We haven't had a day this nice for quite a while, usually it just rains, rains... and rains some more. 

I stand there for a while staring at the sky, looking like an idiot I'm sure, untill I finally remember I'm supposed to be actually doing something. "I must be out of it today" I think to myself, while shaking my head. I continue to trudge down the hill, but something stops me in my tracks.

I stare at the shop window, my mouth hanging slightly ajar in shock. Baekhyun was putting a cake up on display. It was a beautiful white cake, with different colored flowers frosted around the sides, and a few artisctic swirls here and there. That cake could easily outshine any of the ones I see at the bakery down the street, where did he get that?  He disappears back inside, not seeming to notice me standing outside. I snap out of it, shaking my head and run into the shop. 

I push the door open and stand in the doorway, looking back and forth between the cake and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun glances over in my direction "Oh, hey! What are you doing here?" He asks, turning to me.

"That's a cake." I state, pointing in the direction of the window.

He looks to where I'm pointing, looking slightly confused "Yes... That's a cake."

"You... Made this cake." I say, more of a statement than a question.

Baekhyun looks at me questioningly, "Yeah, I just baked it this morning... Why?"

I'm starting to get excited now, "Baked... the cake...you...you bake??" I look at him and he nods, confirming what I just said, " You're a baker... Bakers work in bakeries," I continue, "so that means... This is a bakery!"  I exclaim, almost jumping in excitement. 

Baekhyun laughs a little, a look of amusement on his face, "Yup, you caught me."

I rush over to him and grab his arm, "Teach me!" I beg.

He stares at me, obviously shocked by my impulsive behavior, "Huh?" 

"Teach me how to bake! Oh please, I'll do anything!" 

He pushes me off of him and looks at me with his eyebrows raised, "You... Can't bake? Like at all?"

I roll my eyes "Obviously not, isn't that why I want  you to TEACH ME?" 

"Geez," he says, holding his hands up defensivly, "No need to get all worked up."

I huff and look away. I'm about to walk out when I remember I'm trying to convince Baekhyun to help me, and I should probably be a little nicer. 

I plaster a sweet smile on my face, I turn to him and widen my eyes pleadingly, "Baekhyun-oppa..."

He laughs "Sorry, that's not gonna work on me."

"Dang it." I mutter, disappointed. I'm starting to run out of ideas here.

Baekhyun sighs and looks at his watch, "Sorry Soojin-ah, I need to go meet up with some friends, I'll see you later."

I watch him as he walks out of the shop. "Soojin-ah? Who does he think he is using informal speach with me?"

I look back at the towards the cake longingly, I'll have to find some way to convince him... I'm not giving in without a fight.

That next week I was relentless, I went back once everyday, sometimes even twice, but each time I would go home disappointed. 

The seventh day, I was determined to convince him, I wasn't leaving untill he agreed. 

I stomped down the hill and burst into the shop, Baekhyun stood, leaning against the wall and looking at his watch. "Hmm, you're early today aren't you?" He says to me, laughing.

"Why won't you teach me?" I demand.

He rolls his eyes, "I've already told you. I have a shop to get running, I don't have time to be teaching someone!"

"Well, I--" I begin to say, but Baekhyun cuts me off.

"Can you help pay for the shop?" He asks, looking at me expectantly. I shake my head and look down.

"Can you pay for the ingredients? Help with the shop? Pay me for teaching you"

I stare down at my feet "No..." 

"I didn't think so," he says "I'm sorry Soojin, but I just can't."

I stand in silence for a few minute, trying to think of something I can do... I have no money, so I know I can't help there. I look around at all the boxes piled up against the walls, there was dust everywhere, and I could have sworn I saw a spider or two creeping across the ceiling. Then it came to me. 

"I can clean!" I exclaim in excitement, throwing my hands in the air.

Baekhyun looks at me doubtfully, "You're going to clean... This whole place?" He asks gesturing to the mess around us. I nod enthusiastically. 

"Hmm..." He continues, tapping his chin, "Could you help me move in too?" 

I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion, "Move in?"

He nods and points to the ceiling, "It's two stories," he explains, "I'll be living up there."

"Ah," I nod "Well sure! I'll help!"

He looks me up and down for a second, and the shrugs "Okay then, I'll be expecting you here tomorrow at 6 sharp."

I stop and stare at him "Like... 6 am?"

"Well obviously, do you want me to teach you or not?"

"Yes! I'll be here." I agree as I walk quickly towards the exit, "I promise!"

I smile to myself as I close the shop door quietly behind me. "I finally have a chance..."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup... this is a shorter chapter. SORRY! Thanks again to my subscribers :) I hope you enjoy the story

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE!!! Thank you ^^