LIFE

Shadow of an Angel

Life - is a characteristic that distinguishes things that have signaling & self-sustaining processes from those that do not or the difference between the living objects or the non-living objects


 

Taecyeon's POV

he watched her from his position in the corner of the room like a cat watching its kittens, never leaving her presence and always guarding.As he watched her in her most comfortable aura, he marveled at how pure & gentle her image was.

he watched as her fingers seem to dance through and sway to the white & black blocks in row with pure grace and purity. As her fingers danced and rhythmicly frolick in the rows of white & black keys of the piano, melody engulfed his heart and mind.

Just when he thought it was pure perfection the music that was created by her fingers on the piano, he saw her lips open to shower the world with the purest & heavenly music ever created on earth.

As he sat in the corner of the room looking at her and listening to her music, he felt like he was back home, his home where all pureness was in everyday lives and loves.

he was startled at her magnificence that time seemed to pass by like a breeze of the northern wind.

and all 5 hours seem to flow by and it was time for her farewell to the people. she gave them a gruff nod and bow as goodbye, an unfamiliar goodbye to people that has been in her life for a couple years. he looked with curiosity at this oddity but he soon followed her from a distance.

following her, he watch at how gently she touched her hair to place it feminely at the crook of her ears. he listened as she hum to the music that she was listening to on her ipod and he smiled at himself.

he was rounding the corner near the church when they saw a few people gathered by the big sakura tree people.

she stopped in her tracks and looked at them. frozen in her stance like a statue, he could almost feel her labored breathing, racing heartbeat and climbing migraine. he watched for her next move, for her decicion and for her choice.

then they hear a howling scream from a little girl calling, "umma, umma... umma please dont leave me.."

then people parted as a man carried a bloodied woman on his back.

he knew that she was fighting with herself, fighting with what she thinks she should do and what she thinks is right to do.

he saw & felt her fear. she took a millimeter step toward then back 1 centimeter, moving forward then back.

finally when the entourage of people carrying her, calling the doctor & helping with a little girl calling, her hand moved into their own accord towards the man carrying the woman, "ahjusshi i am a nurse, can i see her..?"

the man looked at her bewildered and eyes confused. the little girl ran to her and asked, "ahgasshi, please save my umma, please dont let her leave me.."

he saw her gently touch the bloddied womans hand as though ckecking for the dying pulse. she closed her eyes and he did the same.

he felt rushing warm air all around her, engulfing the woman and her. then he heard her think, 'please don't let this ouja lose her umma..'

'please.. let her live... please...'

'please dont let her be an orphan like me...'

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Yoona's POV

she sat in a ball of agonizing thoughts in front of the fireplace in her home. she rocked her body back and forth looking at the embers of the fire. the warmth of the fire didnt deminish the frightheningly cold draft she felt from her spine straight towards her gut.

she sat there embracing herself, her thoughts racing from yet another 'big mistake' she has made just a couple of hours ago near the church. she gripped her hands closed together feeling the dark ominous signs of yesteryears memories.

'dont worry Yoona... ' she told herself breathing heavily

'its in the past.. the past is not going to happen again..' she convinced herself

'you did the right thing...helping them' she whispered to herself and those words seem to nag a memory in her head

'Yoona sweetheart... always remember that helping people is the right thing to do...' & she closed her eyes to the all too familiar voice of her umma, 'no matter what, always be helpful, my little princess...' unshed tears stayed in her eyes.

bang bang bang, a knock came to her door. and hearing the all too familiar unkind and scary knock, her heart dropped to her feet. coldness spread all though her body, and her mind froze.

with great strength and determination she stood, and with weak and breaking down legs she walked toward the continuing banging knocks on the door.

she turned the door knob, opened the door and faced 2 men, "ahh, ahgasshi are you Im Yoona...?"

she nodded her head, that simple movement more painful than walking with a sprained ankle.

"are you related to a certain Nichkhun Horvejkul..? and how?" asked the same man with such unfeeling tone of voice

she nodded again & said in a croak and mouth drying words ,"i am his girlfriend", while sthill thinking, 'please dont let this be.. please... please... not again..'

"ahgasshi we are sorry to inform you that there has been an accident...", the other man said with such clear clarity as spring water

she braced herself for the words and the news that she knew for a fact and prayed that it wasn't so 'please no.. please no..'

then in the same even & cold voice, the same man said, "...he is dead.."

the words echoed in her head, its meaning resounding in the confines of her silent apartments and through the silence she felt her world crumble to the ground again....

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Taecyeon's POV

he watched her as she sleep, her brow forming a dark frown and her face sweating furiously.

He heard nips and slips from her lips, 'u-um--ummm--aa... a--ppp--appa where is ummaa...?'

she thrashed to the side and cried, 'ap--apppa, where are you...'

'o--ppa, op--aoopppa, n--n--nich kh-h-khuunn opppa, please..', he heard her agonizing voice & her heart breaking tears falling from her contorting face while she slept

he felt her agony & heart break like it was his own, and he knew that this pain was another obstacle in her path.

this was her Life, this was yoona's life..

he knew now she was miserable beyond belief and he sat by her side through all the agony...

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Yoona's POV

"y-yuri-ah, yuri-ah are you hurt..? apppo..."

"appa, yuri isnt opening her eyes..." screamed a little girl in green fairy gown as she shook another little girl who's pink clothes was blood soak due to a big craked wound on her stomach.

"wait there Yoona baby, i am calling the doctor.."

the little girl cried at the pale & draining body of her bestfriend then she gently touched the little hand of her bestfreiends & whispered, "yuri-ah please open your eyes, please dont be hurt anymore.."

as she closed her eyes whispering over and over again her greatest wish, she felt the twitching of the hands and the labored bearthing of her lying and bloodied pink dressed friend....

- o - 0 - o -

"Yoona baby" called the haggard looking man to a 8-years old little girl who was picking up flowers in the garden

"wait appa, i am picking up flowers for yuri.. you promised that we will visit her in the hospital" the little excited girl called back

the haggard looking man dropped the phone to the seat and went to her daughter, "baby, we are not going to yuri today..?"

the little girl looke up at his father & asked, "waeyo..?"

"we are going to your mother... we are going to say good bye to your mother.."

"waeyo, she just came back.." asked the confused little girl

"we are going to say good bye forever.."

- o - 0 - o -

"Oppa, oppa.." called the 15-year old uniformed girl that was slumped beside the body of a young man whose arms were pulseless.

"oppa please dont leave me.." she cried, as tears fell down her eyes she carressed the face of the closed eyes handsome young man, "oppa came back to me... please come back.."

the young man opened his eyes and smiled at the crying young girl.

- o - 0 - o -

 

*kring* *kring* *kring,* *click*

" yoboseayeo.." the young girl answered her phone as she was walking in the white hallway of Seoul hospital carrying change of clothes to her confined boyfriend named donghae.

"yoboseayeo..? are you hwang Yoona.." asked the man from te other side of the phone

"de.. waeyo..? who is this..?" the young girl asked as she stopped her tracks..

"this is the police, can you please stopby at jamsil police station..?" asked the man in an even tone on the other side.

"waeyo.." cold draft shoot thruogh her heart

"we want you to identify te body of a man name hwang Hyu Jin"

the sound of the phone falling was heard from the people in the hallway, & all looked at the white face of the youg girl as tears start to fall from her eyes with the mention of her father name...

'appa... appa...'

- o - 0 - o -

the little girl ran to her and asked, "ahgasshi, please save my umma, please dont let her leave me.."

she gentle touch the bloddied womans hand, she closed her eyes & cried in her head 'please don't let this ouja lose her umma..'

'please.. let her live... please...'

'please dont let her be an orphan like me...'

- o - 0 - o -

"are you related to a certain Nichkhun Horvejkul and how?" asked the same man

she nodded & said "i am his girlfriend"

"ahgasshi we are sorry to inform you that there has been an accident...", the other man said

she was thinking 'please no.. please no..' as the the same man said, "...he is dead.."