DOUBT

Shadow of an Angel

Doubt - To waver in opinion or judgment; to be in uncertainty as to belief respecting anything; to hesitate in belief; to be undecided as to the truth of the negative or the affirmative proposition; to be undetermined.


 

His POV

He never thought that it was possible for him to feel these strong emotions all on his own. he never thought it was even possible for any angel to feel anything other than the feelings that of humans, specifically their wards...

And this feelings were overwhelmingly strong & potent. he could literally taste it on his tongue - strongly potent, bitter and sour. its taste was stronger than the taste of the blood.

Emotions that include that of betrayal, unfairness and pain but beneath all those feeling there were others were new, strange and unidentifiable for him.

with all those feelings converging into him all he could think of doing was confronting Uriel - the head of all the soul Guide angel. Cause he was literally getting lost in his emotion and situation...

"Uriel... Uriel... Uriel.." he called. Silence was rebounded back top him. And he screamed his lungs out, "Uriel...!!!!"

he screamed and screamed some more until wind came rushing through the room and in came a winged angel..

"Taecyeon what do you need...? " asked the winged angel before him. he was face to face with the mentor he had respected , "Uriel, WHY didnt you tell me..?"

Uriel'a face was impassive despite the accusing words he fire at him

Uriel gave a question in answer, "you are asking why i didnt tell you that when Yoona saves people in turn a part of her dies.?"

upon hearing the confirmation, his eye sight became dark. he was at loss for words and clinched his hands together to restrain himself

"Remember you are an angel, we were created by God for the Humans on Earth. And you Taecyeon are one of my own, and we are specifically duty bound to guide these souls to the discovery of their path. and in this instance it is Yoona's true path to heal and to give a part of her in exchange..."

he looked at Uriel with burning gaze, "...but why this path, when it only leads to her agony and death... waeyo...? waeyo uriel..?"

Uriel looked at him puzzled, "before i answer that, answer me first: why are you questioning our duty now when for centuries you have never questioned..?"

he had no clear answer cause he himself has no clear reason of his strong emotion, "i do... do--dont, i mean it's cause its unfair that she should give up her life after going through all the agony of losing all her loved ones, but now its not enough. Now we are taking her life... isnt that too much..?"

Uriel looked at him, "Taecyeon, you are one of my oldest and wisest angel and you should understand more than anyone that the path towards God is not easy. and in this case sacrifices must be made. And right now you are losing yourself…"

"no I am not, i am still the same Taecyeon.." he denied

"i am myself, i just dont understand this duty anymore..."

he continued beggingly and pleadingly, "...now tell me why like this, why does she have to suffer, why her..? couldn’t she just live the way she is..?"

uriel shook her head and looked at him "Taecyeon we are soldiers of God. as i have said our duty is to lead humans to their True path to God. and Yoona is just doing what she is suppose to do and you are also tasked to lead her to that path...."

"but this is wrong.."

"no it is not. We are God's angels and everything we do is His will..." Uriel said with full authority in his voice.

he was lost, he didn’t know what to do.

he was numb , he didn’t know what to feel.

he was full of emotion but he didn’t know what they were....

Yoona's POV:

she woke up, and she felt his absence. she called him but he never answered. she longed for him but he wasn’t there...

she closed her eyes again and suffer through the pain and agony alone. she was feeling the pain more and more each moment. and now as she was confined in the bed of the hospital. she felt lonelier than anything she has ever felt before...

she called him through the wind, "Ttt..TT---Ta...-taEC...teacyeo..."

but her words was drowned in the wind...

Taecyeon's POV

he ran to the gates of heaven & earth and turned to the man he knew would be the only one who could help him.

he called him, "Nichkhun.... nichkhun..."

"yes...?" asked the ethereal soul of nichkhun. Looking at him, even as a soul he radiated.

"please help me... help Yoona.. Please.." he begged

"you are taecyeon right... one of Uriels..?" They were facing each other at the borderline of the gates to heaven and earth, he belonged in this place but strangely enough right now he was feeling more out of place than anything on earth.

he ignored the question and went on to demand, "please save Yoona, you love her right... then save her.. talk to her.. Convince her..."

nichkhun looked at him questioningly, "convince her..? Save her..??"

"how can i when i am here...?" khun asked

"you can call her, she would hear you out and listen if you say that she has to stop healing... or you can also come with me..."

nichkhun was pensive for a while, "...but why are you doing this... isn’t it her destiny to do this..? And isn’t it your duty to guide her in this path...? Why are you asking me to undo the path you have laid for her..?"

he didnt know how to answer...

then Nichkhun continued "and ultimately this is her choice, so what ever i tell her she will not listen..."

he contradicted him fast, "anyo, she will listen to you. you are her oppa who until now she mourns for... her oppa who is the reason she is sacrificing he life… her oppa who she wants to be by her side..."

Nichkhun looked at him, "but then you didnt answer my question , why are you doing this. an angel stopping his wards destiny…. Why..?"

"and it’s because of that… I am asking you this because she is my ward and i dont want her to be in agony anymore..?"

"chenchwa..?"

"yeah... DE.." he forcefully answered...

"but you know the long time you have been by her side you should understand by now that I will not be able to help you… I will not be able to convince her… I no longer have that right & power..."

"Waeyo.. of course you have cause you are her Oppa…"

"No Taecyeon you are misunderstanding things…"

"NO I am not, I understand perfectly & clearly. As i have said she is doing this to come to you... and if you tell her not to do it she would listen to you"

khun shook her head, "anyo, i think you are totally misunderstanding her..."

he was going crazy and this nichkhun that she loved so much didnt even care, "hey imma, come on just do it. just save her..."

khun shook his head, looked at him with his big doe-eyes and said again, "you have been with her for more than 2 months, reading her every thought, sensing her emotion. i think you should be able to understand more about her. And her decision to heal people is more than because of me…."

He was seething with emotion and this nichkhun was calmly continuing his explanation as, "her being your ward, you should have been able to understand the real reason she wants to do this..."

At that final words nichkhun left taecyeon at the gates with those puzzling words.

He left him confused and more volatile in emotion than anything in this world

Yoona's POV

wind rushed through the window caressing her cold cheeks. she sighed in the cold night. she concentrated yet again, trying to will her legs to move but like the million tried before her legs remained unmoving and unfeeling.

she knew that this path she choose had been her choice. but even knowing and deciding it, fear still lingered in her thoughts. and now lying in bed alone fear was consuming her heart like cancer - slow and agonizing...

and even in the loneliness of the night she tried to call him, to sense him to feel him but nothing...

and once again her gift has become a curse, another person in her life is yet again gone due to her curse...

In the cold & dark night with just the quarter moon as her witness tears flowed though her eyes as well as her heart...