TRUTH

Shadow of an Angel

Truth- a fact that has been verified or the conformity to reality or actuality


 

Taecyeon's POV

it had taken him a while to see and feel her pain. It was a shock to him, how much she had kept from him. He closed his eyes to the surroundings, closed his ears to every noise and closed his senses to everything except her. and focusing on her.

he heard her call, 'please heal Jinwoon, please let him live as a normal boy...'

then she felt the warmness of her transfer to the little boys she was singing a song to...

Then beneath all the warmness he felt it again, her pain - like a thousand daggers slicing through her flesh. he opened his eyes and he saw how serenely she smiled at Jinwoon, the balding cancer boy she was healing. Based from her features you can’t see any discomfort from her, but now he knew better. he knew what great secret she was hiding.

and he was shocked at his discovery. how did she keep it from him. Why would she keep it from him. since when has she experienced the pain..?

all these questions were lingering in his head as he observed her smilingly heal the little boys but deep inside hid the pain...

Yoona's POV

his back was warm and comforting as he carried her again on his back.

she liked being carried like a kid on his back, it was like being home, being with a family and being loved. at the moment there wasnt any place more special to her that here being carried on his back.

but his silence during the long way walk back home was deafening, so she called him, "teacyeon shi...?"

he stiffened then murmured, "hmmnnn..?"

"kwenchana..?"

she felt him nod and she sighed on the base of his neck where her head was safely position, "chencha..? cause you seem so quiet..?"

"de i am okay..." he answered coldly

she was confused with his coldness, he had never been cold to her, 'he is an angel..' she reasoned but she left him to his thoughts

after a couple of minutes of their long silence they were in front of her apartment.

he put her down as gentle as can be but due to her legs starting to loss its feeling from the healing of kids with cancer and other incurable disease she slumped on the ground.

he immediately help and she was finding words to explain and hide the truth. "ahh, i think i am tired from playing with jinwoon too much.."

then he scooped her in his arms and carried her inside her apartment and as he carried her he asked "why did you keep it from me, this pain..?"

she was taken a back and started to explain, "ah its nothi---"

in a clear voice that echoed in the room he asked, "Yoona why are you suffering this alone, and not tell me..."

Taecyeon's POV:

He watch her as she played with the kids she healed before - junsu, minzy, kyujong, jinwoon, Gyuri, Taemin, Amber, Key, Sunny, Sunmi, Ryewook, Wooyoung, Hyuna, Eunjung, Jaekyung, Seungri, Tomo, Jay, Shin and hwangbo. There were about 20 little boys and girls around her, visiting her.

These were the kids she meet, visited and healed in the hospital and now the tables are turned, with them all healed they have come to visit her.

He watches as she laughs at the kids playing around her. all those kids were thankful at their 'healing unni..' superwoman-noona who had come and healed them.

and now with her weakening legs and senseless feet she was in their shoes from before - sick, weak, ill and with life expectancy..

he watch and he felt a new emotion he couldn't describe

he closed his eyes and sensed her. he felt a thousand pins being pierced through her legs a thousand time per minute but when his looked at her, all she was, were smiles and laughter.

it was a contradiction he couldn’t comprehend...

as he stared at her, she must have felt him cause she glanced at him and waved, then gave him her signature smile again...

Yoona's POV:

she laid in her hospital bed silently but she knew he was their by her side. Watching and looking after her.

she was getting confused be him, he was a contradiction to everything he represented.

he had come to earth to be her guide to heal people with her gift

but he had been asking and begging her to stop healing and saving people...

he was a real contradiction..

she knew that he knew that she was awake and it was no surprise when he spoke into the dark night beside her bed...

"Yoona i know you can hear me..."

she stayed still, letting the croaking of the frogs from the outside answer him

"Please stop this..."

silence was her answer again

"you know what will happen if you continue this, arrah..?"

she breathe in heavily...

"Yoona, whats the reason you are willing to feel all this pain..."

she breathe out forcefully...

"waeyo, is it because of nichkhun...?"

she opened her eyes, confused and shock by the question. she looked at him

through the darkness he saw that she was staring at him. she said his name, "teacyeon..."

"its about him right..? you are enduring this pain and agony until it leads you to death so you could be with him right..?" he asked heavily

"Yoona answer me, its about being with him right..."

she looked at him confused now more than ever. his unending words was more confusing as a trubulent storm and all she could say to him was, "Teacyeon-shi stop it, its not like that..."

he interrupted her, "then waeyo, why would you risk your life saving strangers and feeling all this agony all by yourself..?"

but she continued saying, "...taecyeon you should understand more than anyone why i am doing this.."

"yes i understand, its because of him.." he said as the words resounded in the 4 corners of the room

"hmmnnn, teacyeon-shi as i have said you should understand more than anyone else cause you are the angel sent to guide me to the path of my destiny of healing people.."

"but " he interrupted again...

she looked at him and said with finality, "by my side you have been from the start of this journey, so you must understand..."