SOUL

Shadow of an Angel

Soul - incorporeal essence of a person or living thing and is deemed integral or essential to the consciousness and personality, it may be synonymous with spirit, self or mind.


 

Taecyeon's POV

he was standing at the edge of the 40 story building. he spread his arms wide as far as it can reach, feeling the wind as it cooly moves around his body, from his open hands to his sturdy legs. the autumn breeze were entangling to every single digit of his fingers. he breathe in the smell of drying leaves and closed his eyes and opened his ears to the lucious last chirps of the birds in the nearby park.

he looked at the ground, it was a long way down from the top of the building. one wrong move and it would be the last goodbye, one wrong step and it was farewell forever & one little slip and it was the end. but he held his ground while looking at the people walking, running, skipping along the autumn season.

his eyes locked on to a girl who made a mistake in her calculation in the distance of a small puddle in the street. he saw her fall to her feet and heard her shout her lungs out. then he saw when she looked up. her eyes swayed for a few seconds then her focus came back and then their eyes meet.

looking straight in to her eyes, he distinctly saw how it went from normal size to that as big as saucers. her face had a panic stricken look it them.

he whispered to himself, "i guess it is now or never.."

with his eyes still locked into her eyes, he made his move, took a step over the edge and slide his body to the ground.

and he plunged from 20 meters on top of the 40 story building to the ground...

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Yoona's POV

she laid on the cold pavement on her , she felt pain seeping through her skin toward her flesh. she looked up in the sky and only saw blinding light.

she told herself it wasnt painful, but then the pain on her right ankle was making her feel numb and dizzy at the same time. she decided to stay seatted on the street for a couple of minutes to compose herself, numb and still, she sat there.

then she heard a very familiar voice calling one of 'her' name, the name she most hated to be called, "oh look at that, isnt that our tuna Yoona..?"

she felt shocked at the familiar voice, ' dont tell me that bully is back..?'

she looked to the side of the street in front of the old house, the all too familiar old house of her bully playmate when she was in grade school.

what she saw made her want to run and scream, standing by the doorway was her arch enemy. although the hair changed from black to blonde it was still him, she was sure of it.

he was leaning so arrogantly at the mahogany door of the building with his arms crossed in front of his chest & having that all-too familiar sly & wicked smirk on his face. It was definitely him, the bully and almighty Heechul.

"hey tuna Yoona on the cob, are you going to stupidly stay sitting in that street blocking every one passing here...?"

"cmon give the people someplace to walk, pony tailed ugly girl.."

'damn it why did it happen here & in front of heechul...', inspite of the pain she forced herself to stand up and she felt shooting pain from her ankle to her head, making her feel dizzy. she knew that she might have sprained her ankle due to the fall but she didnt care, she just wanted to get the hell away from heechul's presence. she forced her aching ankle to bear her weight slowly. as she stood herself up she felt warm hands on her sides supporting her up.

she was surprised as she felt him, as he helped her up thus she became a little imbalanced as he stood her up, but his firm hold on her was enought to steady her.

"kwenchana..?" his voice was solid, steady and direct.

she turned around while still patting & removing the dirt that clung to her, she was curious at the man that helped her.

he was probably 2nd the person in the world to have helped her in any way. it was weird for her getting any help from anyone, she knew & understood since she was a child that she didnt evoke any other emotion from other people other than disgust, anxiousness, pity and fear.

she appraised him slowly from head to foot. his face was hard and chisselled. his height, well he towered over her 163cm by almost 1 & 1/2 foot, so he was pretty tall. his shoulders were broad and his body just on the average gym buff guy. then he smiled at her and for an unknown reason she felt compelled to smile back.

"ahgasshi, kwenchana..?" he asked with the same tone of voice he had as the first time.

and all she could do was nod in answer and a whisper of "ahh, uhhmmnn... ahju.... ahhh k--kko--komapp----kom--komapsahamida..."

"ahhh, its good that you are okay.. do you feel any pain in your ankle...?", she looked up at him curiously, 'how could he know that..? is he psychic...?'

she shook her head and pulled back her left hand that he was still holding, "no i am okay..."

"do you want me to help carry these bags for you..?" he asked with too much friendliness pouring out from his pores

"anni, its okay, i can take it from here.." she said feeling awkward from the unfamiliar kindness from a total stranger.

"its okay I should help you, isn't it just right for people to help each other in time of need especially if they know that they can help..?"

"ahhh isnt that sweet... yah yoona i think you should let him help you.. and just seduce him on the way so that you can have experience Luna.." heechul snided at the background. upon hearing those comments, she berated herself for forgetting for a minute that the Bully was within hearing distance. she grated her teeth, shut her eyes closed & took a deep breath to calm herself down.

she faced Heechul for a moment and sent him dagger looks which just made the bully laugh to his heart's content.

she faced the stranger again, smiled, slowly took her bags of grocery off of his hands & bowed to him 90 degrees and said, "no its really okay & i can take care of myself from here..."

she turned around and slowly took one painful step after another agonizing step at a time. she bit her lower lip to stop herself from screaming from the pain. she hugged her groceries to her body to hide her misery. she knew that she had to endure each of the 3 blocks step & walk back to her apartment. she knew that help like the one the stranger offered wasnt for her, it wasnt meant to be for her, it wasnt something she should ask for and it was something she shouldnt accept cause NO good thing ever happens to her.

she was at the end of the street when suddenly a man got hit by a car just infront of her eyes. screams from all around followed the crash, everybody rushed to the scene trying to help, people screaming for more help, other calling the hospital or any doctor, everybody wanted to help. well that is except for her, she stood in the corner of the street looking at the devastating scene- a woman crying buckets full of tears & the man was bleeding buckets full of blood.

she looked with tired eyes at the face of the man that looked liked he was in his late 20's & thought,'well that is life, if its time, its time, people shouldnt interfer with life would be at its peak...'

After a simple glance at the chaotic accident, she turned the street again carrying her grocery bags and limping painfully back to her apartment leaving the horrible accident behind.

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Taecyeon's POV

he looked at how she just glanced at the scene of the accident then leaft without any remorse or any other feeling except resignation. he stared at her as she disappeared in the corner of the street, then he sighed.

as he watch her limp away to the next corner, he felt her pain as if it was his own, he knew she was enduring the agonizing pain of her sprained ankle but still she walked on without stopping or taking a break & she didnt even scream.

he knew who she was, he knew what she was thinking and he knew what she was feeling. there wasnt anything about her that he didnt know. he knew her as much as she knew herself and he also knew what she was meant to do with her life...

he sighed heavily and whispered under his breath, "Someday Yoona, you will know, understand & accept what you are meant to do with this life..."

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Yoona's POV

her was apartment was just a few seconds away and it suits her just fine cause she knew that she had a few seconds left before her conciousness will be gone. she can already feel the signs - her vision was becoming blurry and there were black & gray spots in her path.

the pain she was feeling was beyond agonizing. Her arms felt like long useless jellos & her legs felt like a thousand ton tank, too heavy to carry..

she looked ahead and tried to focus through the pain and the blurring vision. the path & the distance was about 3 meters away. in 10 steps or less she would be free to faint in the confines of her room. she made 10 piercing step to the front of the door.

'yes i made it' she thought. she fumbled to get her keys from her pocket, placed it in, turned the knob of the door until she heard the most magnificent click of an opening door. Just when she was feeling relieved that she had made it inside, the blurring with black & gray spotting vision slowly turned into total darkness...

then she felt her hands & legs give way, falling to the ground. but she felt something touch her & catch her before everything felt numb, dark & silent...

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Nichkhun's POV

he saw her from a distance & just by looking at her, he knew that something was wrong. he sprinted forward like a gazelle, leaping at almost every blockage in the street.

then she was in front of her apartment door fiercely opening the door. just as he was within arms length from her, he felt her lose herself as if it was his own. and as he saw her fall, he rushed in a speed of light to her side while calling her name "Yoona..."

just before her head touched the ground, he caught her, her lifeless body.

in his arms, she looked like a drowned cat, with sweaty & pale face, limping arms and unmoving legs. gently but surely he carried her inside while softly calling her name, "Yoona... Yoona.."

he laid her down in the her soft bed, placing her head on her favorite pillow and putting her mothers blanket over her. he stood up looking at her from the bed's edge. he looked like a little kid that was lost. he bent his head lower to put aside the stray hair from her face & wipe away the sweat on her forehead.

he whispered her name, "Yoona darling, open your eyes... please.."

as gently, as softly & as innocently as can be her eyes fluttered. then he noticed her breathing became normally even. his heart was at ease cause she was starting to come back to him.

he waited for her to finally become concious, in her own terms, in her own time & in her own choice. her eyes opened fully and to his out most joy she laid her eyes on him and he smiled with his whole heart on his face...

he her hair soothing her as much as possible. he cleared the stray hair from his face & asked, "kwenchana..?"

though she looked tired and bed dragged, she smiled at him - her usual warm, sincere & Yoona greeting smile that he had memorized by heart, and asked "oppa, is that you..?

then with recognition came curiousity, then she looked at him puzzled at his present presence," but how come you are here..? nichkhun oppa"

he gently held her hand and assured her, "well i heard you call me, you said you need help so here i am.."

he gave her, his usual boyish smiled she always described as charming then said, "didnt i say before that I, nichkhun horvejkul swear on my life that I will always be your superman. That when ever you need me, i will always be by your side, and when you call for help i'll be there..."

she sighed at his outrageous but definitely charming explanantion and said, "k-kk--ko--koomawo oppa..."

he looked at her eyes, and he saw mixed feelings - happiness combined with sadness then fear. he knew she had lived a hard life, he knew what she believed in and that is Nothing good ever happens. she closed herself to the goodness & kindness of the people that a simple "thank you.." is foreign words to her. but he had decided long ago that he would take care of her...

"you dont need to to thank me, i am here cause you need me & i will always be your superman cause i love you, there is no need for thanks cause it is my right and pleasure to be you superman..." and he smiled at her wildly while she hugged him to her hearts content.