Trapped

Unfinished
Please log in to read the full chapter

Gif (x)

Started: July 4th, 2013
(Un)finished: July 24th, 2013

Such a cliché title.. I know. :p

Anyway, based off this dream.
And the suggestion that I should make it something.

Italic is thoughts.

-----x-----x-----x-----

 

I stood in front of the alley where it happened. It had been three weeks and little progress was made in the case. But I had a feeling that tonight would be the night his memory would be set free. We would just have to figure out how.

Henry stood beside of me, hands cuffed, orange jumpsuit on.

"Do you remember anything?"

"Nothing... I can't remember anything."

"He needs a trigger." A voice came from behind us. I turned to face Chief Yang. He was smoking as usual. He said it 'made him think better'. What does he think I've been doing?! Playing Scrabble? I can't find the trigger at the moment.

Oh! Where are my manners. My name is Park Sooyeon. I work with the city police department. When someone cannot remember a certain memory, or rather they refuse to tell that memory, they call me. I am able to see that memory. Usually they need help, so I find a trigger for that certain memory. A photograph, a specific color, a smell, a melody, an article of clothing, whatever it takes.

Let's go back so I can tell you how we got to where we are now.

 

{[3 weeks ago]}

It was three in the morning when my cell buzzed on the nightstand.

"Hello~" I yawned into the phone.

"We need you to come down to the station."

I groaned. "Noooow? Do you know what time it is? Call back in a few hours."

"We need yo-"

"Well, need me in a few hou-"

"You've been requested by the man in custody."

Strange. I've never been requested by someone before.

I sighed. " Alright, I'll be there in a few."

I arrived and was esquarted to outside the interrogation room in which the man was in. Chief Yang was waiting.

"Give me the case deets."

"Female identified as Yunhwa, 22 years of age, shot twice. Once in the shoulder assumed first shot and the other shot in the chest. Man in custody was found with the weapon in his hand laying unconscious nearby. He's is being accused of being the murder. He's also refusing to talk to anyone but you."

"Alright. Got it. What are his deets by the way."

Chief Yang looked towards the ground. "I think you should already know.."

" What do you mean I sho-" The Chief opened the door and sitting there hand-cuffed to the table was Henry Lau, 23 years of age. Henry was my childhood best friend in Canada. Then he moved here when he turned 18 to pursue a career as a music producer, leaving me behind. A year ago when I had turned 20 I moved out here to see him more often. I had started working with the police dept. as a secretary. Then they learned of what I could do, and well, it all went from there.

Time felt like it stopped. "Henry.."

He looked at me. "Sooyeon. You're here."

The chief leaned down to whisper, "If you think you can't do this you don't have to."

"I can do it. I got this."

I walked in and sat down across from him. Chief Yang closed the door and went into the room with the one-way mirror.

"Henry. Start talking."

"Nice to see you too, love."

"I'm just here to help you Henry. Tell me what happened."

"Get me uncuffed first and I'll tell you everything I can."

I looked towards the mirror and a guard with some keys came in, unlocked the cuffs and left. Henry rubbed his wrists and started his story.

"I was out to dinner with Yunhwa, when she got a call and told me she had to leave right away. I offered her a ride, but she said that where she had to go was in walking distance. I watched her leave, then I watched as the doorman started following her. I sensed that something was up so I paid the dinner bill and went after them. I heard a gunshot, followed by another?"

He was questioning this part.. I'll start from here.

He finished up. "Something... Something happened. Someone... Knocked me out?"

He questioned again. Those are the memories he can't remember clearly. If I remember correctly, that's called Lacunar amnesia.
It's where you loose the memory of a specific event.

"And that's it? Nothing more. Yo

Please log in to read the full chapter